Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The War Within: Now a Tetralogy!

[DE]Megan

3 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

Not sure if thats a good thing or a bad thing. Hypers and bashers represent a passionate part of the Warframe community. It's when those people start leaving or just give up that might illicit some concern from me, were I DE.

It might just be my optimism of late, but I have little doubt that player numbers will skyrocket again when TWW is released. Or hell, when it's imminent launch is. You know, when Steve starts tweeting pictures of rigs, desks, offices on fire, people on fire, screaming, while he's drinking his coffee as the deployment backfires horribly several times

25 minutes ago, BulletsforTeeth said:

It might just be my optimism of late, but I have little doubt that player numbers will skyrocket again when TWW is released. Or hell, when it's imminent launch is. You know, when Steve starts tweeting pictures of rigs, desks, offices on fire, people on fire, screaming, while he's drinking his coffee as the deployment backfires horribly several times

If they over hyped this and the passion burns out ... when people go from feeling DE can do no wrong to feeling like DE doesnt care... ppl will come back but if this isnt that spark to relight our love for this game... i realy dont wanna see this game die u know.

Just now, (XB1)AmaterasuBlaze said:

If they over hyped this and the passion burns out ... when people go from feeling DE can do no wrong to feeling like DE doesnt care... ppl will come back but if this isnt that spark to relight our love for this game... i realy dont wanna see this game die u know.

Neither do I, but I don't let myself worry needlessly. I have too many important things to revolve around DE

The long and short of it is Warframe is a game. It isnt life. If people are putting in sooo much time that it literally becomes their life, then there is a problem.

I love playing Warframe. I took a break for a few years back when it was like U7 or U11 or something like that because i got bored. The matchmaking was horrible, the game seemed pointless. Looking at what the game has become, there are many changes and even if some of the older players back off, there is still opportunity for many new players to experience Warframe, after the worst part of the game cycle IMO. When some of the older players leave (or some of the highly followed youtubers), it opens up a spot for others to jump into the light and potentially get people to see things in a different manner. I get that alot of people want to MIN/MAX but by focusing on that, it takes away from having fun with some of the interesting, albeit crap, weapons that have made it into the game.

Hopefully the warframe fan base stays strong, but people really need to remember THIS IS A GAME

Fact of the matter is, it's not the content, the delays (Kind of is, but not directly.), and it's not people just complaining to complain. There's a reason for it all. 

On 10/20/2016 at 4:47 AM, shadow0727 said:

The long and short of it is Warframe is a game. It isnt life. If people are putting in sooo much time that it literally becomes their life ~

As for that outlook, some of us have lives outside of the game, yes. Some of us have work and some of us have school. But just like anything, gaming is a hobby. A hobby that many people enjoy and take to heart. I personally get home from work, spend time with my girlfriend if she's at my place, and then start gaming with some close and not so close friends, quite often I might add.

Taking video games (a hobby) seriously isn't something to look down upon, it's perfectly normal.

On 10/19/2016 at 9:35 AM, Skaleek said:

Not sure if thats a good thing or a bad thing. Hypers and bashers represent a passionate part of the Warframe community. It's when those people start leaving or just give up that might illicit some concern from me, were I DE.

I may or may not be considered one of those bashers. I've spent enough time on Warframe to warrant the right to bash on any aspect of it, as is any "consumer" or "client" should.

I know a large plethora of friends that have completely given up on DE due to lack of content management and their odd practices they tend to have when releasing new said content, them all having hit the ceiling in what they can do in the game without resorting to Fashion Framing or grinding their hopes and dreams for the game away.

There is so much grinding that they expect you to do late game with little to no payoff. Almost 0 endgame content. No motif for people that have hit the plateau of content. This, in its current state, just isn't a game that long time players find themselves enjoying after a certain point.

16 hours ago, Basicology said:

Fact of the matter is, it's not the content, the delays (Kind of is, but not directly.), and it's not people just complaining to complain. There's a reason for it all. 

As for that outlook, some of us have lives outside of the game, yes. Some of us have work and some of us have school. But just like anything, gaming is a hobby. A hobby that many people enjoy and take to heart. I personally get home from work, spend time with my girlfriend if she's at my place, and then start gaming with some close and not so close friends, quite often I might add.

Taking video games (a hobby) seriously isn't something to look down upon, it's perfectly normal.

I may or may not be considered one of those bashers. I've spent enough time on Warframe to warrant the right to bash on any aspect of it, as is any "consumer" or "client" should.

I know a large plethora of friends that have completely given up on DE due to lack of content management and their odd practices they tend to have when releasing new said content, them all having hit the ceiling in what they can do in the game without resorting to Fashion Framing or grinding their hopes and dreams for the game away.

There is so much grinding that they expect you to do late game with little to no payoff. Almost 0 endgame content. No motif for people that have hit the plateau of content. This, in its current state, just isn't a game that long time players find themselves enjoying after a certain point.

This isn't something that DE can help. Every game eventually hits that stage where a large portion of players completes everything. DE will release TWW at some point and the players will complete everything in it in less than a week. DE worked on this update for a year and people will still ask for more. What the long time players should do is login everday for the daily reward or not if they wish to start a new when they return and they should go and play other game. Try a new game that you think will keep you busy for a good long while. The new and middle time tenno will keep protecting the solar system while the other tenno are absent.

On 10/12/2016 at 7:22 PM, DarthBane1 said:

So we went from Lunaro, Specters of the rail (Hot fixes and updated like CRAZY), Silver Grove, Vacuum Within, And upcoming is War Within...... 

So now we are at a  pentalogy. I would not be surprised if it went to a hexalogy. 

Lunaro, Specters of the rail (Hot fixes and updated like CRAZY), Silver Grove, Vacuum Within, The Index Preview, Recurring Nightmares, And upcoming is War Within

Heptalogy. We are greater than the prediction I had haha. 

• 2 weeks later...