The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

This is my theory:

Stalker is an Umbra Excal. He shares the same body as an Umbra Warframe, and pretty much the same colors.

Deduction: The Umbra Warframes were the Guardians of the Orokin, the ones trained to guard the Empire from external threats. They probably went through a brain washing training making them Orokin Fanatics. They never undergo cryosleep and now try to hunt down the betrayers. Stalker was one of them.

Meanwhile, Primes and Normals were the ones reserved to the Vanguard, the offensive, and guided by the Lotus, being later put on cryo by herself.

Question is...where is the Assassin Tenno Order fighting the Tenno Templars?

Edited by Swailwort

@Bowiespoon

Actually it might be more intense then you think.

Remove the auto aim of the skills

Remove the idea that Warframe can only move certain way and can only dodge by roll

Remove the idea if you bladestorm the enemy will just stand still and let you stab him

It would be pretty interesting.

Oh and remove the idea that reckoning will just capture you and slam you

Think of it in fighting sense

Smite bullets can probably compete setting up little decoys in the air to limits the shurikan chances of hitting

Smoke screen can definitely be trampled by Hallowed ground remember while oberon is on the Mat he gains armor boost and CC don't work on him

Also teleport idea Just teleporting infront of oberon and trying to stab would not be much help sicne both Oberon and Ash are warframe meaning they have about the same capacity of strength While blade storm is just more Bigger teleport and stab with blades not your weapon.

Now on oberon side he defintly will have hard time landing something on Ash for ash speed

And Oberon will defintly have hard time aiming smite or trying to capture ash in reckoning if ash is invisible

Then consider the fact teleport will actually work like teleport so Ash would be able to Move from one location before making it to another

And if you add the fact Ash can try to cripple Oberon with shurikan coming from many direction renewable will consume to much energy to heal so that would be limited in use and oberon would probably reserve it for when he is need

I can see a long match

The fight would have to be decided by not their stats but the setting would more likely decide who wins

If the setting is small and crowded Oberon gets the win his skill like smite and aiming reckoning to capture ash would be his help since Ash would be limited in space to move around and Teleport cannot get him out of every situation and stray smite bullet more could always hit him in invi. Also Hallowed ground would hurt to much and would limit ash. Also consider ash clone for Blade storm if he tries to get Oberon with a renewal ca definitely ease the damage and smite to the clone at that range r using reckoning to capture them is not impossible to hit specially if is crowded and then comes the blind if he manages to slam and enemy.That giving oberon the chance to quickly dispatch ash.

if the setting is wide and big ash can use his speed and agility to the max allowing him to rain shurikan on oberon from many direction as well as teleport from any dangerous scenario and Invisibility would not be limited since you can avoid damage from the hits. And avoid the capture of reckoning and the blind from any of his clones being catch and once Oberon cast his reckoning to protect himself from the clones of bladestorm ash can teleport away and let his clones be capture in using his Teleport he can re enter the area as oberon has already use reckoning and Finish oberon off.

SO the win would go to the setting they fight in.

Edited by Leavith

No stalker is not umbra/

Consider stalker  power come from different warframe that would mean he would have to be build like warframe but he is not look at the fact that a warframe that uses other warframe parts to be made Chroma.

Comparing stalker to chroma who in idea would be the way to acquire power using other warframe parts to enhance yourself but they are nothing alike

He resembles more Zanuka who has power like a warframe or other corpus technology who share the same power type technology then he those a warframe apart in look.

Just have glimpse of what the stalker was a Lesser like guardian most people choose to dismiss this but anyone know the Orokin were all about ranks and that means that in the day of commemoration  the Stalker must be in the same area were people of the same rank would be. Making him lesser guardian is more to be as I mention he is solider like a tenno but not train in the same culture or with the same potential.

The only difference between Excalibur Umbra and Excalibur Umbra Prime is that they have to legally drop the "Prime" part or else they gotta deal with all that B.S. from that founder promise nonsense. He loses the name "Prime" and I think he has a change in PBR (the gold trim coloration settings should allow you to color those bits any way you want). He should be identical in stats and look though.

Edited by (XB1)ToothlessApollo

Actually there was one other referance I think...

When you are doing the "security eye" dance to have the pillars destroyed during the second dream mission.

For each pillar you destroyed black flames started spreading around the area which dealt seriously nasty damage. But we also noticed they had a secondary effect. Once your Kubrow or Sentinel was touched by the black flames, it would turn against you and you had to destroy it.

I first noticed it when my partners Kubrow turned dark and started attacking us and when it went down we couldn't resurrect it. This stuck in my head though, as rather hilariously my dark helios spent the rest of the mission trying to kill me.

I think this was the first in game hint to what Umbral might be.

Whoa, how did this happen?, this is why we need repayable quests!

so we gonna have frames, prime frames, umbra frames and umbra primes? wtf? isn't that overkill ?

Would rather if they balanced already existing frames...we already have too much of them, half of them have no use

Lol, no I don't think we're getting Primed Umbra, that will be just overkill, I think China is the only ones who got a Primed Umbra, to fit for the Founder stuff, all we're getting us Umbra Warframes, as we already got Primed Warframes.

Really, the Umbra Prime, is bacily China's Primed Excal ,just named a new way, to stop the salt of founders, but..as you can see, that failed..

There are 3 excaliburs in chinese version: Excalibur, Excalibur Umbra and Excalibur Umbra Prime.

Global build will only get Excalibur Umbra, the prime version with all the gold bits will remain a china exclusive.

We'll be getting the gold bits too. This was confirmed by Steve. The differences will be the name and possibly that stats. Visually we are getting Umbra Prime.

There are 3 excaliburs in chinese version: Excalibur, Excalibur Umbra and Excalibur Umbra Prime.

Global build will only get Excalibur Umbra, the prime version with all the gold bits will remain a china exclusive.

Uhm, you sure? I'm pretty confident the Excalibur Umbra Prime is their "Excalibur Prime", I might be wrong but I heard nothing about a standard Excalibur Umbra on their build.

i saw someone post screenshot of steve's tweet from another umbra thread. he said that umbra for global build has gold bits too. 

Edited by (PS4)blank_in_black