The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

1 hour ago, edski10 said:

Could that kneeling figure be what the community was waiting for - Excalibur Umbra?

Even if it were umbra there is little chance of it being soon just because it was spoiled during a startchart devbuild viewing.  They don't work on projects linearly, which means just because they are working on something now doesn't mean it will be released any time soon.  Umbra is months away at least.

We still have the actual starchart, the new void, kavats, a new cinematic quest, a new frame and quite a bit I cannot even recall or fathom right now.

All of that, even once released, will take a couple months just to get through a dozen hotfixes and balance checks after we get it.  Its a nice thought but I wouldn't get overly excited about it just yet.  Right now its a spec on the screen kneeling, that's all.

Personally, I view the Specter's the Rail even before the damage 3.0 rework that was mentioned to be later, as a potential game-ender for some players. The look is cute but not enough to overcome the fact that prime gathering seems more grindy now; there is less choice in missions; and more random nonsense which is one of the current complaints that I hear a lot about the current starchart even. What may handle this is DE Steve's handling of it and whether or not Matchmaking has been gutted to force a reduction of 'ghost towns'. I do find it interesting that it is appealing to a few players without playing, but we shall see if that lasts.

from what I have understood it will actually offer more variety to gameplay for prime part gathering. And also it seems that it will actually decrease the rng grind because if you don't get what you want. The next attempt increases the chance of getting what you want.

6 hours ago, arch111 said:

Hey guys. I recently looked at some stuff I have made, and when I lookes at this one again, it suddenly occurred to me that this could be a cool look for Loki Umbra.

loki_prime_dread_helmet_concept_by_gaber

Should I work on it some more? A Umbra Tennogenskin maby.

Thought I might as well ask here where the action is.

Viking loki-umbra helmet :smile: 

yt7YLmt.jpg

vYptnuY.jpg

n5D6CCB.jpg

9RwX4uG.jpg

Edited by Vlada91

11 hours ago, LazerSkink said:

Here's the thing, I'm not talking about Umbra information alone. The writer of that article has proven ignorance in every single subject they talk about regarding Warframe. It seems he/she has not kept up to date with any official information even a little.

agreed , i know what you were meaning 

2 hours ago, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

Since DE said "no umbra" during the last devstream I doubt it.

once again like to point out

they said the figure in that JUNCTION  wasnt umbra , NOT that umbra wasnt in u19 

per lazerskink 

Spoiler

They didn't say that at all. If you're referring to the Devstream, they said the figure in the Junction is not Umbra, not that he isn't in U19.

per novanovus 

"The radio silence about Umbra has been deafening in the face of all your questions, but we have been tight-lipped for a reason. Much like the identity of the Tenno for the Second Dream quest, any discussion about Umbra will spoil the lore that will be introduced by upcoming updates. There is no definitive release date, but keep an eye (and an ear) out for more info as it comes out!"

14 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

once again like to point out

they said the figure in that JUNCTION  wasnt umbra , NOT that umbra wasnt in u19 

per lazerskink

Dial it back a bit, tenno.

Forum member edski10 was proposing that the figure in that junction was Excalibur Umbra.

I was simply pointing out the fact that DE said, "no".

Edited by (PS4)Magician_NG
awsome grammar errors, Magician needs food badly

23 minutes ago, arch111 said:

Is Chinese Umbra considered non canon for us? I mean, are they in two paralell universes?

think of it as one of those fun house mirrors that have a different image of the same object

38 minutes ago, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

Dial it back a bit, tenno.

Forum member edski10 was proposing that the figure in that junction was Excalibur Umbra.

I was simply pointing out the fact that DE said, "no".

simply clarifying the points to others, not just yourself

as info is misinterpreted due to language barriers or second hand info. a clear answer is required

5 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

think of it as one of those fun house mirrors that have a different image of the same object

simply clarifying the points to others, not just yourself

as info is misinterpreted due to language barriers or second hand info. a clear answer is required

The way you posted made it seem as though I had said Umbra wasn't coming with u19 (using the bold text).

I never suggested that he was either coming or not coming with u19.

I'm indifferent on the subject of Umbra.

48 minutes ago, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

The way you posted made it seem as though I had said Umbra wasn't coming with u19 (using the bold text).

I never suggested that he was either coming or not coming with u19.

I'm indifferent on the subject of Umbra.

simply clarifying the point tenno 

you can take it that way, but bold text merely lends weight to the words and draws the eye of the reader.

in modern texting its taken as shouting, but that was not its intent

7 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

simply clarifying the point tenno 

you can take it that way, but bold text merely lends weight to the words and draws the eye of the reader.

in modern texting its taken as shouting, but that was not its intent

That's as good as I'll get I suppose.

Fine, consider the subject dropped.

1 minute ago, SpeedOfLightPuncher said:

It should be a part of U20 where you have to fight a stalker on stareoids and get the umbra as a reward in the message.

uhhh. and wait a another 4-5 month ? I prefer die to wait umbra for the next major update. (again)

Edited by yual