Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

4 hours ago, LegionCynex said:

Edit: In before Umbra is not here and this topic explodes in rage

It already has in many instances. Posts of aggravation are mandatory, as I stated in a previous post. Until/if Excalibur Umbra is released to the global build, altered or not from the Chinese variant, this thread will go through the same sequence of posts every day.

Edited by LazerSkink

So many speculations... i Like!

About Primes and Umbras though... Primes were never of high importance in any roles in the game so far, basing on the play-through we have experienced since the beginning, and also, never part of any stories/quests; To me it's just a need to use a better Warframe of higher stats than the normal frames. (and obviously the style of Primeframes are wayy better too.)

Primes are still a mystery of it's sudden existence in our play-through, but we collect/obtain them anyway because of its differences from its normal counterparts, and being better than Normalframes. And yes, Primes are part of the lore, since it's description provides catalogs of the Orokin, which I assumed they(DEs) have a plan and concept in mind, but not as proof-of-concept(correct me if Im wrong), since it is still OPEN BETA.

Umbras... for now, is a complete surprise appearance, available on at the Chinese Warframe, and acting as a replacement to the "extinct" Excalibur Prime as their versions founder pack.

And knowing for the fact that upon Umbras release, would also be the near-duration when Warframe, the game itself, will finally exit the BETA phase, which would most likely be the plan for the entire game. Hence, the whole game is form... not fully, but yea, cause its MMO. 

(Warframe Book 1; Chapters consisting The Second Dream, The War Within, etc)
(Warfrmae Book 2; Even better than Book 1, etc)

I don't think Excalibur Umbra is available even with The War Within release, since the concept of Titania and Nekros Prime already appeared in front our very eyes, leaving no time to work on Umbra lore, and likely be delivered with The War Within. And after The War Within, the Project Umbra will commence... soon   (Take your time DE, a nice story beats playing just the frame itself).

Personally, I really wish Warframe can keep this up, even if it means remaining in BETA. 

Edited by GamelYosh
Spelling

52 minutes ago, GamelYosh said:

I don't think Excalibur Umbra is available even with The War Within release, since the concept of Titania and Nekros Prime already appeared in front our very eyes, leaving no time to work on Umbra lore, and likely be delivered with The War Within. And after The War Within, the Project Umbra will commence... soon   (Take your time DE, a nice story...)

They told us that they didn't release Umbra because they needed a lore for it, they have the War Within, so if they won't release Umbra in The War Within forums will be filled with rage, until DE will say "Soon" again.

2 hours ago, Deskhon said:

They told us that they didn't release Umbra because they needed a lore for it, they have the War Within, so if they won't release Umbra in The War Within forums will be filled with rage, until DE will say "Soon" again.

Hmm... But looking on how things go I highly doubt DE has a great lore on Umbras yet, unless, The War Within is the lore for the Umbras?; since Excalibur Umbra appeared one year ago, and that one year duration is planned on the lore for Umbra... or is it not?

Only time will tell. :)

And I don't really care what the community thinks. If the developers have a plan for Umbra, we should learn to respect and be patience, unless they(DE) slacked off and delay again which I'm hoping it's not the case.

But initially, I think the War Within has something to do mainly with the Operator/Tenno themselves now. A mission perhaps, without using the Warframe? (Lotus did tease a little right before the introduction to customizing your Tenno, saying "Now you battle on two fronts; The war without, and the war within.")

Edited by GamelYosh

10 minutes ago, BlazerEraser said:

What i mean by that, will they start rolling them out as alternatives to prime versions? (I would like that).

There is zero way to answer such a question with any authority or accuracy as we haven't a clue what Umbra will be for us, new frame type? new ability access? altogether brand new system mechanics?  We have no idea.  They are being as vague as possible and probably have said things to throw us off once or twice.

2 minutes ago, ChaoSoldier1986 said:

ehh I'm willing to wait considering I have 40 items in my Foundry backlog to grind. Now if I was a MR 22 Founder with nothing to do but Fashionframe, I would have joined the Where's Umbras Crowd.

i get what you mean, you will reach fashion frame too my Soldier, may :clem: be with you.