The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

3 minutes ago, egregiousRac said:

That is merely a difference of name. Nothing more.

As Rac's saying, Steve confirmed over Twitter months ago than we could even change the metallic trims to gold. In other words: They just have some better stats but model and tint wise we should be able to remake it as it is.

:facepalm:

Ignore Warfram China. They got Excal Umbra Prime. We are getting Excal Umbra which, by all available evidence, will be exactly like Umbra prime in visuals. DE is working on something big to give Umbra frames a place in the global version. 

If you payed attention to the devstreams at all, you would know there is nothing to know. 

Just now, NightmareT12 said:

As Rac's saying, Steve confirmed over Twitter months ago than we could even change the metallic trims to gold. In other words: They just have some better stats but model and tint wise we should be able to remake it as it is.

He didn't even say that it wouldn't be gold by default.

4 hours ago, NightmareT12 said:

He's Identical 

4 hours ago, Plushy said:

:facepalm:

Ignore Warfram China. They got Excal Umbra Prime. We are getting Excal Umbra which, by all available evidence, will be exactly like Umbra prime in visuals. DE is working on something big to give Umbra frames a place in the global version. 

3 hours ago, NightmareT12 said:

I think the reply was along the lines of "Well, you can make it look like it because you can change the tints", implying gold metal wouldn't be on default.

He specifically said it would have gold in one of his tweets. Even if his metal bits weren't gold, that wouldn't be any significant difference from 'Umbra Prime'.

3 hours ago, Stratego89 said:

No- no it is not. Excalibur Umbra's visual design will be different than Excalibur Umbra Prime's- source: DE in streams.

DE has never said that in any devstreams as far as i remember. He only said something like Umbra might be 6% different from it's changyou counterpart.

Let's keep in mind there is virtually no significance to the 'prime' in Umbra Excalibur Prime's name, since Excalibur Prime does not exist in changyou's version. He is to be treated like a prime or an umbra, not a double-boosted variant like some people imply. In other words, Excalibur Umbra is still a 'prime' but not and the name was probably simplified for global WF.

The image of Umbra in the global build pretty much debunks the theory that he's going to look different. The first picture was taken back with u17 which means he was already in the code. The second (which is currently my phone wallpaper) Was taken literally 3-4 days ago, so his model hasn't been altered in any way. The 'Prime' on his name just means he has better stats than the base version, Prime doesn't always have to mean gold or orokin  

1 hour ago, Demoonic said:

The image of Umbra in the global build pretty much debunks the theory that he's going to look different. The first picture was taken back with u17 which means he was already in the code. The second (which is currently my phone wallpaper) Was taken literally 3-4 days ago, so his model hasn't been altered in any way. The 'Prime' on his name just means he has better stats than the base version, Prime doesn't always have to mean gold or orokin  

Dunno, I'd love if our umbra looks like Chinese Umbra Prime, anyways I wouldn't trust on the current files simply because they might be being edited on DE's HQ, probably making our Umbra change right before its release.

18 minutes ago, -----LegioN----- said:

Dunno, I'd love if our umbra looks like Chinese Umbra Prime, anyways I wouldn't trust on the current files simply because they might be being edited on DE's HQ, probably making our Umbra change right before its release.

That doesn't make much sense, they've never changed something right before it's release, and I've never seen a company change a design at the last second without telling the masses about the change weeks and sometimes months before they think about releasing things

8 minutes ago, Demoonic said:

That doesn't make much sense, they've never changed something right before it's release, and I've never seen a company change a design at the last second without telling the masses about the change weeks and sometimes months before they think about releasing things

Azima? Dex Sybaris? Both had files in game before anyone could get them, both had stats changed before release. 

9 minutes ago, KinetosImpetus said:

Azima? Dex Sybaris? Both had files in game before anyone could get them, both had stats changed before release.

9 minutes ago, KinetosImpetus said:

they can change the stats without an update, but in order for them to change Umbra's model or skin, they would require an update.

24 minutes ago, Demoonic said:

They just said that Umbra is coming "sort of soon" it might still being weeks or months left before its release date, so they still have time to change whatever they want. Thing might be different if umbra was packed on the last console update sent to cert in order to release him cross platform a few weeks or days after the update hits consoles (which is also possible given the lack of info given by DE about Umbras and anything related).

Edited by -----LegioN-----

17 minutes ago, (XB1)ToothlessApollo said:

they can change the stats without an update, but in order for them to change Umbra's model or skin, they would require an update.

There will be updates between now and his release anyway. 

Just now, Ellthan said:

What imagine of umbra in the global build?

Someone posted it here yesterday but it got removed for some reason. But it was a picture of Umbra in the login screen with the build note reading "Sands of Inaros 3/31/16"

Just now, Ellthan said:

Now I got high hopes that umbra alongside u19 is coming before the end of april.

Don't hold your breath for April, but he seems like he's coming with u19. However he's been in the code since u17, so him being in the global build really means nothing but it DOES mean his design hasn't changed at all, which is good news

Just now, Ellthan said:

Stop crushing my delusions.

Trust me I'm extremely hyped for him to come out, he's probably my most anticipated addition since they introduced Melee 2.0 and I'd do anything to get my hands on him. Just steve said "Sort of soon" which means it might be a liiiiiittle longer maybe half a month, who knows we might get u19 before may.