Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone else feeling nostalgic for the long Void missions?

At least in my case , it rings true : One doesn't know what he has until he's lost it ...

I miss the 40 waves of T4 Def , 40 to 60 minutes of T3-T4 Surv... I feel that we need an incentive to ride the Big Waves again...

I'm not advocating going back to the Old Void . I would like something like a significant increase in affinity every 5waves/minutes , or maybe a slight increase in obtaining a Rare drop from relics as mission advances ...

ATM,there is nothing in Warframe that gives the same adrenaline like the famous wave 40..risking to lose all for a greater prize...

Edited by _Je_Suis_Bruxelles_

5 minutes ago, _Je_Suis_Bruxelles_ said:

At least in my case , it rings true : One doesn't know what he has until he's lost it ...

I miss the 40 waves of T4 Def , 40 to 60 minutes of T3-T4 Surv... I feel that we need an incentive to ride the Big Waves again...

I'm not advocating going back to the Old Void . I would like something like a significant increase in affinity every 5waves/minutes , or maybe a slight increase in obtaining a Rare drop from relics as mission advances ...

ATM,there is nothing in Warframe that gives the same adrenaline like the famous wave 40..risking to lose all for a greater prize...

I miss it too sir D= was a part of the game a kinda liked(Only would get tilted by getting S#&$ty drops), but I liked the aspect of doing surviving and get rewarded.
Yes I could still do the same but all I would get out of it is resources and  that doesn't feel the same, I still do survivability tests from time to time with my frames though. 

I miss the endless void missions because they were good for the community.

You put together a group, figured out frames people were gonna bring, and actually talked to people during the run.  I met a lot of in-game friends because of endless void runs.  Now everything is a rush to the end and no one speaks.

Yeah it might be easier to get prime parts, but absence of endless runs is bad for the community.

They were very, very strongly tainted for me by the awful RNG.  I would like a reason to do long runs (they were fun with coordinated groups), but not the massive disappointment of a 5% chance every 20 minutes/20 waves/etc. for the one thing I want of old times.  Otherwise, nope, I can do without them.

i'm just going to come right out and say it. the long survivals and the like i saw on stream were one of the reasons i started the game, and i only began a short whie before sotr, now up to around 310hours.

scaling into sudden death screwups, and going the longest distance being self scaling difficulty, while the system still didn't lock one out of chances at the same reward pool as 20/mins if you ween't so far in you could go for 7 hours turning it into not only a self setting challenge but also a high stakes game. run 6hours and have all that loot and a few easy mistakes can wipe it and cost them ALL? or get froggy and jump out earlier to save the lewts.

it was kind of impressive design even if largely considered flawed. i wanted to roll up and see how far i could go etc, then had that rug largely pulled as now, there just isn't any point at all, much less an interest in it now.

now its more speedspam low tier garbo than before. meanwhile i just keep grinding up(now mr15) and hoping something to compensate for that loss rolls out whenever they finish this war within set, something we haven't seen yet that makes this set of changes we do have make more sense in context, and repair that gaping hole in unique gameplay scenario.

On one end, they were a great source for ducats. A one-stop-shop, if you will. But beyond that? Don't miss them really. I honestly have never been a fan of endless missions beyond 20 min survivals just because it's a good way to rake up XP for Focus. And of course, rewards. 

I disliked the old Void runs because they essentially created an atmosphere where only the frames and weapons that could be glitched to work in stupid endless long missions were being talked about and used in large scales. And I do mean glitched and broken into functioning in a part of the game that had, effectively, broken itself. 

There is no point in having super formae'd stuff now. I miss the times where we got a whole tons of rewards for one single key. DE may have reduced the prime grind but they surely nerfed ducat farming by a million. 

I want the old endless missions back.

I miss being able to get lots of ducat fodder as well as the added challenge and the community building. I haven't really done a void survival since the change. It might be a good way to give out relics kind of like the derelict does (does it already give relics?). 

2 hours ago, Tizodd said:

I miss the endless void missions because they were good for the community.

The names of friends who quit the game over the soulcrushing waste of time called endless void missions are running through my head... no, no that crap was definitely not good for the community.

2 hours ago, _Je_Suis_Bruxelles_ said:

Eh, not really. I think it may be one of those things where you think 'Oh yeah that wasn't so bad... Could do that again' but then after a little while you want to kill yourself.

Always felt that way from time to time 'Lets get into a long defence/survival run, I'm pumped, barely played recently' *joins a game, checks time, sees it's 1-2 minutes in* 'This was a bad idea, I'm absolutely bored'.

I never felt any adrenaline from going into higher times/waves. Just boredom.

Edited by Naith

2 hours ago, _Je_Suis_Bruxelles_ said:

I do, I feel like the game is missing long and hard missions now.  Granted most of the T4 survival/defense missions took about a hour to GET hard...

I more would rather just have higher difficulty nodes.  :(

I don't really miss those. I can't count the number of times I ended up dead in those missions from falling asleep halfway through. I'm sure they were fun for those who made them fun - like finding cool squads and seeing how far you can go. My personal experience has been ruined for quite some time due to prime parts grind and I can't get over how much I dislike T3 survival. I don't miss long missions where host migrations ruined my day but the ducat farm was pretty nice. I could've made it fun but in the end that's just not what happened, for me at least.

I think I would enjoy long void missions if they made it worth it (more rotations with relics, cores, etc). Right now I'd rather play starchart for long missions just because the tiles are so varied compared to the samey gold and white of the void. I'm a person after rewards so going as far as possible isn't exactly my type of fun. I get more adrenaline from seeing a good reward rather than getting to wave 60 (even if that wave had the same reward - at that point it's not worth it to me lol). Not that I want handouts but after so long I get bored.

3 hours ago, _Je_Suis_Bruxelles_ said:

I've been gone for a while. How has DE negatively incentivized endless missions? 

Anyways, they were S#&$ and good riddance. 

Yes and No. I enjoyed doing them but I feel as though the new system is great at allowing you to work towards a part which is what the vast majority of us did. I still do long runs from time to time, however I kinda wish that you could get relics somewhere else aside from long missions however.

1 minute ago, (XB1)ShapelessHorr0r said:

I've been gone for a while. How has DE negatively incentivized endless missions? 

Anyways, they were S#&$ and good riddance. 

By taking away endless void missions.  The longest you will need to stay for your reward is as long as it takes to get 10 Void Tears, and that's not long at all.  Maybe 5...7 minutes? 

To be honest the new void is much more newbie friendly, compared to old void where 30 waves/40 for rare item were a must. Imagine low MR players in their unpotatoed frames equipped with skana's standing 40 minutes in T4 survi... Now its cheaper to obtain rare items in market but vaulted parts prices are still high as it was. In my opinion void fissures should be just like alarms- you can do it once and you will do another/wait for new fissures or use key'o'relics to open an old void mission and gain more from a single key(keys used for old void could not be refined).

Edited by Okane_Wa_Subete