Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Player Toxicity

Alethkar

3 minutes ago, Alethkar said:

You should only be tea-bagging your friends, amirite?

I like tea, can I be your friend?

Actually, I agree with you. But I haven't seen much of what you're describing. People are people, wherever you find them, I doubt anything has changed.

29 minutes ago, Alethkar said:

So,

I have just come back to Warframe after a very long hiatus. Did some PvP. Died. Then, I was tea bagged by a Loki... When did this start? You should only be tea-bagging your friends, amirite?

Alethkar

So, you did one round of PvP, died, got 'bagged and then made a topic on the forums? 

I'd suggest playing at least a dozen more matches and seeing if this is a consistent theme before making a topic about player toxicity. :/

4 minutes ago, Noamuth said:

So, you did one round of PvP, died, got 'bagged and then made a topic on the forums? 

I'd suggest playing at least a dozen more matches and seeing if this is a consistent theme before making a topic about player toxicity. :/

Well when he was playing he most likely wouldn't have seen any of this. I never got Tea bagged in Warframe until recently as well. And while it is kinda rare (at least for me) it does happen. 

6 minutes ago, williamsos10 said:

Well when he was playing he most likely wouldn't have seen any of this. I never got Tea bagged in Warframe until recently as well. And while it is kinda rare (at least for me) it does happen. 

...OP didn't see their body being teabagged because they were playing?  wat

Teabagging does happen, I got 'bagged by a Rhino Prime not long ago, but still.  If OP had it happen once, I don't think it's an indicator of general player toxicity.

Tea bagging is ultimately a form of disrespect/celebration/mental warfare. 

Its a thing in any competitive game that allows you to crouch, hell ive tea bagged people in fighting games, its hilarious. Not really toxic to get tea bagged unless they are simultaneously talking trash over voice comms or text chat, in which case you can mute/ignore them. 

Also, how is this thread "conclave feedback"?

Spoiler

I recently tea bagged a guy in conclave because he was literally playing like a scum bag and just spamming the Silva and Aegis spin combo thing. Tea bagged him every time I killed him, felt so good. 

Edited by armedpoop

Instead of making a thread about it you should just sensibly chuckle and move on.

A good player would already be on the other side of the map, getting ammo, health or more kills.

PS.
Any game should have an option to disable kill(er) cam.
I'm really not interested in looking at the person who killed me and would much rather spend those couple of seconds adjusting my loadout (or pressing quit game)

Edited by Shifted

3 minutes ago, Shifted said:

PS.
Any game should have an option to disable kill(er) cam.
I'm really not interested in looking at the person who killed me and would much rather spend those couple of seconds adjusting my loadout (or pressing quit game)

Thats an unnecessary feature imo, and in the case of Warframe, the killer cam doesnt impede either of those options. 

1 hour ago, Alethkar said:

So,

I have just come back to Warframe after a very long hiatus. Did some PvP. Died. Then, I was tea bagged by a Loki... When did this start? You should only be tea-bagging your friends, amirite?

Alethkar

Oh c'mon man. Teabagging isn't toxic behaviour.

It comes with the territory of Warframe being an online shooter.

You will find teabaggers in every online shooter.

Whether it be PVE or PVP.

I find it funny myself, both when it's me doing it or me having it done to me.

I teabag my team-mates / opponents all the time and I have yet to find anyone that's had a problem with it.

Usually they do it back to me if I'm downed by enemies or they kill me in PVP and if they don't, they just ignore it.

well, what a d!ck I suppose, OP?

problem is that, like noamuth put it, you can not trace a trend from a single case.

Though, tea bagging in Warframe only happened to me once in pve, and by an a$$. Mh, don't know. I'll have to play more pvp, and if more people do it, than ill be rather disappointed. Tea bagging is really just a manifestation of the apparent contempt one has for the target.

1 minute ago, tnccs215 said:

well, what a d!ck I suppose, OP?

problem is that, like noamuth put it, you can not trace a trend from a single case.

Though, tea bagging in Warframe only happened to me once in pve, and by an a$$. Mh, don't know. I'll have to play more pvp, and if more people do it, than ill be rather disappointed. Tea bagging is really just a manifestation of the apparent contempt one has for the target.

Contempt????

Why are some people so sensitive about teabagging?

I really don't get it.

Just now, Master-Nachash said:

Contempt????

Why are some people so sensitive about teabagging?

I really don't get it.

Because some people see it as a sign of contempt and disrespect? How about an extreme show of unsportsmanlike behaviour?  Because behaving in a mature and respectful manner is important to some players?  

Take the current Olympics for example; http://sports.yahoo.com/news/egyptian-judoka-sent-home-after-refusing-to-shake-israelis-hand-203941228.html

For some people, this is very important.  For others, lel its teh int3rn3ts

tumblr_mon5pgiYaT1sppmago1_250.gif

Personally, I don't care.  It's digital, I'll probably never meet the PUG again and if it's someone from my friends list....I have ways of getting revenge. :3