The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About the community created warframes

GTX49

Do you think it's time for DE to pay attention to community created Warframe since they are 10 times better than what they have released recenty in term of abilities and looks?

DE spends weeks to come up with a new Warframe while the community have created tons of them.

There are many concepts that are worthy to be brought in game.

DE already brought in some fan concepts like zephyr for example, which was a horrible (maybe even the worst) warframe to be honest.

I think they can let themselves get inspired by the concepts, but they have professionals that are getting paid to make warframes. It's always nice to see creativity but DE have their own plans in terms of fitting frames into lore etc.

Edited by Genoscythe
spelling

6 minutes ago, GTX49 said:

Do you think it's time for DE to pay attention to community created Warframe since they are 10 times better than what they have released recenty in term of abilities and looks?

DE spends weeks to come up with a new Warframe while the community have created tons of them.

There are many concepts that are worthy to be brought in game.

I have yet to see one that doesn't rip powers off other frames and just renames them.

Sure sometimes they have descent concept art but concept art doesn't make a unique frame.

Plus many off them simply don't fit in (Like that weird loli frame)

Community created frames are usually broken as all hell and/or are basically the creator's OC. Like Genoscythe said, the devs aren't against borrowing some concepts, but a carbon copy is highly unlikely.

Besides, there's yet to be a frame that I do not like due to looks. They all have FashionFrame potential.

6 minutes ago, SilvaDreams said:

(Like that weird loli frame)

you mean this one? I for one think that frame fits quite nice, would be the tenno-alternative to clem :P.

I for one would love to see more community-frames, yes some of them "borrow" powers, but some of the already existing warframes share the same powers w/ different skins.

Prime example of how this could flourish is tennogen, community made stuff moderated by DE.

12 minutes ago, HowDenKing said:

Prime example of how this could flourish is tennogen, community made stuff moderated by DE.

Wouldn't work unless any Warframe concepts accepted into the game by DE, became DE's property and were able to add it as farm-able in game and in the market for platinum.

Having tennogen skins for real money only is one thing, having whole, complete warframes for real money only is another.

I am for the more community based frames. The devs can write a full sheldue how they are work on the frames and what need to be done if fans want make a frame. With those parameters almost everyone can make a frame and the quality is guaranted only the design will be different.

Edited by Sziklamester

1 hour ago, SilvaDreams said:

I have yet to see one that doesn't rip powers off other frames and just renames them.

Sure sometimes they have descent concept art but concept art doesn't make a unique frame.

Plus many off them simply don't fit in (Like that weird loli frame)

This could honestly be said about most of the frames. Most of the beginning powers of frames are basically the same. Rhino charge, Slash dash, Tidal Surge, Landslide? Freeze, Fireball, Shock? Shuriken, Psychic Bolt? Radial Blind, Prism? Exalted Blade, Hysteria, Primal Fury? All similar, just a little bit of lore niche added but work identically. Half the stuff that's completely original is barely even used, and the other half are powerful enough that people spam them nearly non-stop. The devs are  guilty of ripping off powers and copying ideas pretty much as often as the community is, and all of their completely original stuff usually sucks because it has bad synergy with the rest of the game and they refuse to balance it. Like Limbo, Hydroid and Ash.

It's not like any of that is even a real problem. Most frames are still fun like that, to me. It's just that a lack of complete originality doesn't mean it's not worthy of being added to the game. Because the devs do it all the time. 

Edited by (PS4)theelix

3 minutes ago, Letter13 said:

Care to provide data to support your claim?

Sure!

These few concepts provide unique abilities that aren't a re-skin of other abilities. The community puts effort into creating such Warframes and even with a lore logical quests. 

1 minute ago, GTX49 said:

Sure!

These few concepts provide unique abilities that aren't a re-skin of other abilities. The community puts effort into creating such Warframes and even with a lore logical quests. 

I'm not asking you to solicit player concepts (soliciting isn't something you should be doing to begin with); I'm asking you for data to support your claim that they're "10 times better" than what DE has been producing.

GTX49 - Flora Warframe 

Other hand there is no any solid info only just personal tastes and opinions. I like both in designs but the fan made miss some basic what the devs using. If the devs sharing their working metholds then the enthuisiast fan concept makers can make their own frames and that more likely could fit into the game.

Edited by Sziklamester

1 hour ago, HowDenKing said:

you mean this one? I for one think that frame fits quite nice, would be the tenno-alternative to clem :P.

I for one would love to see more community-frames, yes some of them "borrow" powers, but some of the already existing warframes share the same powers w/ different skins.

Yah, it great concept and I like it but problem here it dosen't fit Warframes theme. There isn't any Warframe that dosent look serious. Don't get me wrong it looks cute but all frames have a serious, simplistic and sleek look to it. Well, this could be obviously reskinned and used again, but making it own is arguably way better.

Edited by Ibro156

Just now, Dawn11715 said:

I think he talks about typhus...

Thats the only Community frame that (in my opinion) could even come close to live up to this statement.

Although I like the concept of Typhus, I wouldn't put it at "10 times better" than what DE has released.

8 minutes ago, GTX49 said:

Sure!

I fail to see how those edgelord warframes are any better than what DE is creating right now :/ I mean, dark sword, devourer of souls, demon warframe? Are we twelve again?

Edited by residente

1 minute ago, Nazrethim said:

Nova? she's not wierd.

Scroll up. 

3 minutes ago, Letter13 said:

Although I like the concept of Typhus, I wouldn't put it at "10 times better" than what DE has released.

I would assume he was using hyperbole, being most likely fed up with what has been released in the past few months. 

Having braved the depths of Fan Concepts every day in the recent past, I can honestly say that while a lot of the basic concepts and art from there is good, the more specific details of frames people come up with are either:

1. Stupidly overpowered
  2. A carbon copy of another Warframe
  3. Basically just "OC, DO NOT STEAL"

As others above have said, I would rather DE take inspiration and build something new around that inspiration (such as was the case with Chroma) rather than just make a 1:1 copy.

1 minute ago, Letter13 said:

Nor would I, but at least its one of the best if not the best community frame jet, so I guess the OP had him in mind, regardless of how much truth there is behind it.

On Topic:

As Zephyr and Chroma, both base on community concepts and as Hydroid and Atlas likely took inspiration from a few (water and earth based frames had been around for ages on the forum) I dont think this generalised "they are ignoring the community" is justified.

We dont have typhus jet, thats true, and its a little sad, but i heard that he, or something like him was in the works (some devstream no idea witch).

17 minutes ago, Letter13 said:

I'm not asking you to solicit player concepts (soliciting isn't something you should be doing to begin with); I'm asking you for data to support your claim that they're "10 times better" than what DE has been producing.

Just take a look at their abilities.. They dont feel like a re-skin of other abilities.

-Inaros' 1st ability, it blinds exactly Excal, Mirage, and Oberon

-Ivara's sleep arrow it basically roots enemies to ground just like an ability Equinox and Inaros posses

- Ash's shuriken feels exactly as Nyx's psych bolts

the list goes on..

Edited by GTX49