The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PLease remove the 2nd dream requirement for getting Titania

Mak_Gohae

Just now, Khaine62 said:

The fact that they haven't just left the game yet says to me that they don't really want to leave but they must voice they're complaints about what they don't like and then defend that point like a mother bear protecting her cub.

In essence: they want they're cake and they want to eat it to.

but ya its a bit late to complain thats like complaining that sonic is blue and not brown  it already to deeply ingrained  were already get quest that are building off of it its now part of the game when its at that point its time to stop complaining and deal with what you got

Just now, hazerddex said:

but ya its a bit late to complain thats like complaining that sonic is blue and not brown  it already to deeply ingrained  were already get quest that are building off of it its now part of the game when its at that point its time to stop complaining and deal with what you got

Well...that's thing about being human: we're not always logical. 

@Mak_Gohae

No, Mak. I feel you are almost willfully misunderstanding me. All of those quests remain linked, and are still pre-requisites. You must still do the Second Dream before the Silver Grove. The difference is that the new solar system map means that it is impossible to progress through the system without being made aware of the quests.

Your stated objection: What if someone misses the Natah quest by not scanning the Oculyst?

Answer: The game will tell them that there is a Natah quest and that they must complete it to progress past Uranus. All they need do, if they truly don't know what to do, is ask literally anyone, "Hey, how do I get this 'Natah' quest?"

That was your objection, right? Your only objection? You were only ever concerned for new players who might have missed a slightly oblique quest trigger early on? Now that we have demonstrated that the game's new system for the map and quests makes it impossible to just not notice a quest, that means that you have absolutely no objections left, correct? Your problem was only ever with game structure and the flow of the questline? Right?

7 minutes ago, Mak_Gohae said:

Yeah, they should've have done that. And in the future they shouldn't do that. This being a Syndicate quest it should've been left to just Syndicate lore not tied to all this other outside stuff.

its called world building deal with it or get out im so done with this nonsense 

the other stuff is in there because it is PART of this universe wether you like it or not.

and if you acualy played the quest instead of complaining then you would know  how much of this quest is tied to the 2nd dream

it makes a lot of sense 

especially seeing as new loka share meny ideals the orikin  had

Edited by hazerddex

20 minutes ago, SoulEchelon said:

If that's your attitude, why are you currently still playing?

You missed the word USUALLY. In the case of Warframe, there is enough other stuff to do that I can continue my life and never have to interact with that part of the game.

Edited by mrecentric

3 minutes ago, Mak_Gohae said:

*snip* 

a handfull of people that refuse to play "the Second Dream" (like you apparently), new player should not be considered because it is way too hard for someone who most likely is missing several crucial mods, weapons and planets on the star chart.

what use is a quest that you can't complete if you are missing several planets?

Should they remove the items, you need to get, too, because you have to play the game and unlock the planets in order to get them?

And if you are unlocking planets already for the sake of gathering quest items, it's not that hard to do "TSD"

2 hours ago, SoulEchelon said:

People demanding the lore be changed for their own benefit truly astounds me.

A. It's not going to happen.

B. As an author myself, I will be more than happy to tell you how truly disrespectful such demands are.

C. Deal with it. Warframe's lore is still shrouded in mystery and literally anything can happen. With just a little bit of creativity you can create your own headcanon that still fits within the Warframe universe. How about doing that instead of demanding a story that YOU DID NOT WRITE be changed?

2 hours ago, hazerddex said:

same i hate these whining kids wanting a lore change because "its not like my fan Fic"

meen while chroma locked behind a new strange that requirements are to do STOLEN DREAMS TO GET NEW STRANGE 

Never said anything about changing lore in this thread.

Dont know what you are talking about.

The closest thing i said is not to tie the main lore so much to quests for acquiring frames that they are required.

Inaros has its own quests but it's lore also ties to the main lore but it's small enough that it has no requirement. That would be fine, they should have done it like Inaros.

2 hours ago, hazerddex said:

Chroma requires completing stolen dreams to do new strange  

nezha sortie locked

mesa need coordinates limbo atlas, inaros and mirages also quest locked

Rhinos rank locked

HOW IS THIS ANY DIFFERENT?!!!

I explained this already. Doing a quest for the frame is not an issue. The issue with Titania is that to do her quest you must do a whole line of main quest to get to her. That's the issue.

BTW, this sucks for Chroma, too.

You have to do Second Dream because the Titania questline requires you to go to the Moon... which you unlock from doing Second Dream.

This has nothing to do with "why do I have to do a quest that has nothing to do with Titania", and everything with you wanting instant access and gratification. It makes complete and total sense that you have a prerequisite quest -- there's lots of quests in-game with prerequisite quest requirements.

8 minutes ago, Mak_Gohae said:

I explained this already. Doing a quest for the frame is not an issue. The issue with Titania is that to do her quest you must do a whole line of main quest to get to her. That's the issue.

BTW, this sucks for Chroma, too.

So it sucks that they keep making goals for newer players to set out to achieve? 

What should DE do then? Just hand us everything and give us nothing to do? You don't want to wait that long? You don't to play for it? They gave you way out: pay some cash or trade some parts for plat and keep steppin'. 

There's multiple ways to get virtually anything in the game. It literally just sounds like you don't want to do any of them.

Your whole argument is stupid.

The quests are locked in junctions now. The main questline isn't even that hard.

Titania requires the moon to access. To get to the moon, you need to complete the Second dream. It's not that hard to understand, or unreasonable, considering how overpowered she is right now.

This thread is going nowhere.

You need to do The Archwing to access Jupiter and beyond.

You need to do The Stolen Dreams to access Europa.

You need to do The New Strange to access Saturn and beyond.

You need to do Natah to access Neptune.

You need to do the Second Dream to access Pluto.

You need to do the Second Dream to have The Silver Grove.

You need to do the Second Dream because The Silver Grove has spoilers of The Second Dream.

You need to do the Second Dream because one of the materials you need to progress in The Silver Grove is on the Moon.

If you cared about the Quests requiring other Quests to be unlocked and get their subsequent rewards, you would have said something when SotR came out. But no, you problem is ONLY with The Second Dream because it does not fit your views.

And we keep on this circle of people trying to reason with you, and you denying. On and on and on and on....

Just now, Venom-Snake said:

This thread is going nowhere.

You need to do The Archwing to access Jupiter and beyond.

You need to do The Stolen Dreams to access Europa.

You need to do The New Strange to access Saturn and beyond.

You need to do Natah to access Neptune.

You need to do the Second Dream to access Pluto.

You need to do the Second Dream to have The Silver Grove.

You need to do the Second Dream because The Silver Grove has spoilers of The Second Dream.

You need to do the Second Dream because one of the materials you need to progress in The Silver Grove is on the Moon.

If you cared about the Quests requiring other Quests to be unlocked and get their subsequent rewards, you would have said something when SotR came out. But no, you problem is ONLY with The Second Dream because it does not fit your views.

And we keep on this circle of people trying to reason with you, and you denying. On and on and on and on....

Too true. 

By the Lotus' sweet buttocks, this all needs to be locked!

1 hour ago, hazerddex said:

with STOR i like the game but i stopped playing after i found out you have to pay money to get to level 60 since it was enough to stop me from playing i did not go on the forums and make pointless threads that irratedated  people who enjoyed the game.

.... say what?

Hey, bub... Orokin Reactor Alert for 20 more hours on Venus, that can get your Warframe to 60 Mod Points in game right now.

Those Reactors can also pop in Random Alerts, Invasion Missions and Sortie Rewards... Same thing with Cataclysts for your weapons.

2 minutes ago, Venom-Snake said:

.... say what?

Hey, bub... Orokin Reactor Alert for 20 more hours on Venus, that can get your Warframe to 60 Mod Points in game right now.

Those Reactors can also pop in Random Alerts, Invasion Missions and Sortie Rewards... Same thing with Cataclysts for your weapons.

Maybe he meant SW: TOR? Star Wars: The Old Republic?

Just now, Venom-Snake said:

.... wow, thats....

....okay, I will feel a very sheepish if that is the case.

After everything that's been said in this thread, especially by the OP, I don't blame you for being confused. 

Shoot I've read all of it, gotten the gist of the argument and I still have this reaction: 

Spoiler

wlrgv7.jpg

8 minutes ago, Khaine62 said:

After everything that's been said in this thread, especially by the OP, I don't blame you for being confused. 

Shoot I've read all of it, gotten the gist of the argument and I still have this reaction: 

Hide contents

wlrgv7.jpg

I think this catches my expression a lot more better

Spoiler

ddd25bdcc9b156390f5fdd78d98aec49528bd4996a0d9f71005a3c06d8d8ab93.jpg

But yeah, think this thread has done what it was meant to do. Mak_Gohea was proven wrong and it really not needed anymore

Edited by Ibro156

1 hour ago, Venom-Snake said:

.... wow, thats....

....okay, I will feel a very sheepish if that is the case.

i ment star wars old republic im well aware how to get gold potatos im swimming in them i have more gold potatos then i know what to do with 

Edited by hazerddex

There are currently 30 unique warframe, thirteen primes soon to be fourteen if my arithmetic is without error. That is a ton of different choices presented to you! 

Many of them are very easy to acquire early on. Some of them, by their nature, will have many more walls in the way before you get them. This makes the game feel like it has more of a sense of progression -- in fact, I would argue that slowly scaling how we can get new Warframes as we do quests and go through the solar map is the only way to keep the amount of choices from feeling overwhelming. We are given too many frames and weapons, making too many too easy to get at once will just leave people feeling like they don't know what to choose. 

The Second Dream is one of the most important quests anyways, and many people will likely finish it well before they do the solar map, and plenty of frames are locked until the end of that anyways. I actually think locking frames to quests and quests to each other is a good idea. It gives the map a real sense of progression. 

Nezha is locked in sorties, and people who haven't finished Second Dream probably shouldn't be doing that either... sure, you can buy Nezha with plat, but you can buy Titania from the market with plat at MR2, or w/e, no one is stopping you. 

Edit: That is one of the great things about this game, there is ALWAYS a solution. There is always, another way. You can always just grind for whatever, sell it for plat to people who have more money to spend on games than you, and then buy the frame off the market. You could be a really low MR, but that one frame just REALLY speaks to you. And the quest is too far away, and you don't have a lot of money... it is doable. 

When I was a new player and not even that good at trading, I could manage to at least save up that much plat or so without spending money. It is totally manageable. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

2 hours ago, Mak_Gohae said:

Never said anything about changing lore in this thread.

We know what this is all about. You being angry about the Tenno being what they are. And since the Second Dream is a prerequisite to Titania's quest, you're calling foul because you'd rather ignore a huge part of the story and stay within your headcanon than be an adult and realize this game's story is someone else's vision and not yours.

But it doesn't matter what I say, you're like talking to a wall.

7 hours ago, Mak_Gohae said:

What's the point of that? Seriously. I guess it's tied to some story the 2nd  has so you must see it in order but then why do that?

I've been saying for a bit now that lore quest should be separate from game mechanics for many reasons, one of them being that this mean lore takes forever, but now we have another one.

Now people are being limited on getting Warframes.

dont be lazy there is progression in games you NEED to do the second dream anyways. stop holding yourself back