Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

OK, clearly DE aren't understanding WHY we Nullifiers get so much hate

TARINunit9

8 minutes ago, Archwizard said:

Some suggestions for Nullifiers:

• Nullifiers should be considered Eximus units. Having a Nullifier bubble ON TOP of an Arctic Eximus bubble is not only unnecessary, it's overkill.
  • Nullifier bubbles should suspend powers within the bubble, but not actually cancel them out. If an Inaros walks into a bubble, his armor bonus should be functionally 0% as long as he remains within, but he shouldn't be forced to recast upon exit.
  • Nullifier bubbles can be detonated out by shooting/breaking the generator packs on their backs, instantly canceling the aura and dealing damage to all enemies within the sphere. Comba and Scrambus units have a good design of forcing you to actually aim, Nullifiers should do the same and reward you for killing a bigger annoyance.
  • Hard-limit the lower threshold for damage, but remove the upper limit. "Hard-limit" as in prevent small shots entirely, rather than increasing them. By all means allow it to slow down common Assault Rifles and Launchers, but give us a reason to use Snipers and Bows - one that isn't instantly canceled by putting Shred on Boltor. I should be able to drive a rail-fired spike or needle through those bubbles and pop them in one shot.

1 hour ago, Archwizard said:

Nullifiers should be considered Eximus units. Having a Nullifier bubble ON TOP of an Arctic Eximus bubble is not only unnecessary, it's overkill.
Nullifier bubbles should suspend powers within the bubble, but not actually cancel them out. If an Inaros walks into a bubble, his armor bonus should be functionally 0% as long as he remains within, but he shouldn't be forced to recast upon exit.
Nullifier bubbles can be detonated out by shooting/breaking the generator packs on their backs, instantly canceling the aura and dealing damage to all enemies within the sphere. Comba and Scrambus units have a good design of forcing you to actually aim, Nullifiers should do the same and reward you for killing a bigger annoyance.
Hard-limit the lower threshold for damage, but remove the upper limit. "Hard-limit" as in prevent small shots entirely, rather than increasing them. By all means allow it to slow down common Assault Rifles and Launchers, but give us a reason to use Snipers and Bows - one that isn't instantly canceled by putting Shred on Boltor. I should be able to drive a rail-fired spike or needle through those bubbles and pop them in one shot.

This is the best idea for nulls i've seen yet. Honestly the only problem i find with nulls is that it turns off my continuous powers and i have to recast after leaving the bubble making me vulnerable after leaving the bubble especially when im in heavy combat.

I honestly don't think nulls are a problem. They are sightly OP and could use a little rework but not a problem. More of a major inconvenience. It could easily be solved by alowing punch though on they'er bubble and instead of canceling abilities just suspending them while in the bubble also making them immune to all abilities (Exalted Blade). But anyone sugesting to just remove them all together are the people who they were added for.

Just after the hotfix hit last night I went to a AXI fissure mission in Jupiter and found absolutely no change with the nullies. I dont know if its only me or I have understood wrong that, they should now spawn w/o a bubble and then it'll slowly generate and grow bigger (correct me please if I am wrong here) but what I have found is, they're spawning with bubbles active and even with the same size like before.

So, what has been fixed or changed here I wonder.

17 minutes ago, AhmadIYE said:

Just after the hotfix hit last night I went to a AXI fissure mission in Jupiter and found absolutely no change with the nullies. I dont know if its only me or I have understood wrong that, they should now spawn w/o a bubble and then it'll slowly generate and grow bigger (correct me please if I am wrong here) but what I have found is, they're spawning with bubbles active and even with the same size like before.

So, what has been fixed or changed here I wonder.

I saw this hotfix not doing anything due to the fact they tend to take there time to wander onto the battlefield.

5 minutes ago, Lancars said:

I saw this hotfix not doing anything due to the fact they tend to take there time to wander onto the battlefield.

And even though I have read somewhere but cant remember that DE has made a remarkable upgrade to their movement as well. They now move around pretty fast and with nice shooting abilities unlike before. I always try to engage directly whenever see one but face difficulty when I try to shoot them with a primary as they move very quick and in a random sequence, instead a spin with melee always worked well for me.

But, of course its very much appreciable that DE has started working on it and just hope that they will not make worse than it is now.

3 minutes ago, AhmadIYE said:

And even though I have read somewhere but cant remember that DE has made a remarkable upgrade to their movement as well. They now move around pretty fast and with nice shooting abilities unlike before. I always try to engage directly whenever see one but face difficulty when I try to shoot them with a primary as they move very quick and in a random sequence, instead a spin with melee always worked well for me.

But, of course its very much appreciable that DE has started working on it and just hope that they will not make worse than it is now.

Honestly it seems that the sliding melee spin is the best way to deal with them. Seems they want us to make that sacrifice.

5 hours ago, Tymerc said:

Cool that would mean that we can get them for the Grineer and Infested too like I have been desiring. Good on you. 

Not necessarily! Not every type of Eximus unit is available for every faction. For instance, there are no units that can be Arson Eximi among the Corpus, and no Shock Eximi outside the Corpus (or their Corrupted counterparts).

So they could be Eximus units available to the exact same factions they're part of now, they just can't be Eximi themselves on top of that.

Edited by Archwizard

My god, aren't you people getting tiered writing all that? Wasting time, emotions, etc. I saw so many topics about this and I still can't believe people talk so much about such a small issue as this. Yes nullies are A. Small. Issue. 

Oh no there is a nullifier and I have a sniper rifle! What will I do?!??1 I switch to melee weapon, run, kill. That's it, no more nullifier

How are you even playing this game if nullifiers are that big of a problem?

9 hours ago, Archwizard said:

• Nullifiers should be considered Eximus units. Having a Nullifier bubble ON TOP of an Arctic Eximus bubble is not only unnecessary, it's overkill.
  • Nullifier bubbles should suspend powers within the bubble, but not actually cancel them out. If an Inaros walks into a bubble, his armor bonus should be functionally 0% as long as he remains within, but he shouldn't be forced to recast upon exit.
  • Nullifier bubbles can be detonated out by shooting/breaking the generator packs on their backs, instantly canceling the aura and dealing damage to all enemies within the sphere. Comba and Scrambus units have a good design of forcing you to actually aim, Nullifiers should do the same and reward you for killing a bigger annoyance.
  • Hard-limit the lower threshold for damage, but remove the upper limit. "Hard-limit" as in prevent small shots entirely, rather than increasing them. By all means allow it to slow down common Assault Rifles and Launchers, but give us a reason to use Snipers and Bows - one that isn't instantly canceled by putting Shred on Boltor. I should be able to drive a rail-fired spike or needle through those bubbles and pop them in one shot.

kRQBx2d_700wa_0.gif

I'm sure one of the key reasons DE doesn't want Nullifiers removed is because they're afraid of spam.

Nullifiers were not, and are not, the answer to that. Only properly dealing with spam will fix the issues.

I'd suggest limiting the amount of energy that can become usable at once. So let's say energy on the bar became usable at 5 energy/second. Any energy beyond that would sit in the pool--able to be used when converted, but not converted instantly. Perhaps energy orbs alone could instantly make their energy available.

16 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Hey guys! The Silver Grove: Hotfix 5 just went out with a change to nullifiers you may be interested in testing:

As always, let us know what you think! 

They grow too fast. Still doesn't solve the bubbles screwing over most warframes.

Why do we need nullifiers when we have units like the Bursas and combas and scrambus?

6 hours ago, Arek_PL said:

I do not think nullifiers need to be removed, they just need a rework

This is just double speak for "made useless" if nullifiers don't give you a hard time, it defeats their purpose. 

People like scramba only because a majority of the time they get dispatched as easily as any other enemy when they show up.

18 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

This is just double speak for "made useless" if nullifiers don't give you a hard time, it defeats their purpose. 

People like scramba only because a majority of the time they get dispatched as easily as any other enemy when they show up.

Scrambas are a bigger problem for frames like Ivara than Nullies are.  Nullies can be seen long before effecting my powers.  Scrambas are fast and can shutdown powers before you even realize they are there. 

17 hours ago, Archwizard said:

Totally agree with it!  +1!

10 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Scrambas are a bigger problem for frames like Ivara than Nullies are.  Nullies can be seen long before effecting my powers.  Scrambas are fast and can shutdown powers before you even realize they are there. 

Scrambas would actually be a huge problem if there were more of them, especially if you rely on a caster frame.

21 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Scrambas would actually be a huge problem if there were more of them, especially if you rely on a caster frame.

But the fact they are few to appearmakes them very effective at having you jump out when noticing your abilities aren't working anymore. Which to me feels a lot better than the Nulli.

And as many pointed already, Archwizard has found a very good idea to rework Nullifiers.

2 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

if nullifiers don't give you a hard time, it defeats their purpose.

They are not effective at what they are supposed to do. They also make an unnecessary meta. A change which could make them less annoying and at the same time not "easier" is for example, instead of completely purging buffs they only suspend them.

Edited by Top_Kekkonen

Give me an aura or an exilus mod that grants me immunity to nullifier effect for few seconds. I would still need to enter the bubble to kill them in rush, or i would have short moment to get out of the bubble if they drop on top of me to keep the toggled skill active.