Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoilers?] The Tenno COULDN'T have killed the Orokin

Evanescent

9 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

If they were truly invincible and truly beyond death, they would not fear the sentient invasion, and mobilize the Tenno to go fight for at the Tau Junction. 

That is not necessarily true.  I fear my house catching on fire when I am at work.  The desire to prevent the sentient invasion could simply be a desire to protect their property.  Also, being invincible is not the same as being beyond death.  Though I think most of the theories are more in line with 'being recreated after death' and not avoiding it or mitigating the experience.

22 hours ago, SilvaDreams said:

Yup, been in since it was introduced... Just never happens often because you have to be downed by it and with team mates that doesn't happen often.

coool, neverh appened to me though.

Remember two things to think about.

1. Hunhow says the Tenno will rise again unless their source is attacked.

2. Teshin says the same,  sever the body from the life source,  Oro, to kill.

3. The Orokin Emperors/rulers took a vial that made them Orokin. They said they had died many times over. And the assassin said he had NEVER seen an Orokin that close.

4. Stalker said the Empire at the Victory Celebration were "cold and gold". Quite odd for their devoted servant to say. He should have been praising them, not calling them emotionless.

But I have allways wondered if he was being litteral. They were actually there in a Orokin form of a warframe. The Tenno killed these living Gods before the watching eyes of ALL THEIR WORDS declaring the Empires absolute power destroyed.

After this all began to unravel.

Thing is, Excecutor Avantis says they want to get the Council up and running after the Infestation outbreak,  after the Betrayal. It do not sound like the Tenno killed the Excecutors, it was a setback, but temporary.

I think they did not die in that arena, what Stalker means, and that Natah was sent to do, was to destroy the fabric of the Empire, and that it would fall apart by itself. 

The Grineer was what ended them actually,  and they viewed the Sentients as liberators.

On August 27, 2016 at 0:23 AM, SurryCurry said:

??? How does that answer for anything from the post you just quoted?

Also, it's factually incorrect. The Void isn't even a world, let alone the Orokin 'homeworld', because even the Orokin had severe problems with being in the Void without protection. It's just a highly radioactive and galaxy-bending rift.

Wait, no, there's one thing interesting from your post, though. Perhaps Stalker had been tricked by Hunhow all along? I do find that angle interesting.

sir where do you get orokin technology the rift is limbo the void energy is fissures the orokin technology is prime weapons and prime frames void is orokin empire derelict is lost parts of left behind destroyed technology period derelict is with out infestation look just like the void  all of it points to orokin corrupted protect the derelict and the void that made by who only hunhow and the other can't enter the void the void became a world structure parts on the moon look like what the void the orokin empire is back 

So, when Mirage and Limbo faced their demises, their original operators probably died horrifically

Keep in mind that Ordis never said Limbo "died". He only hinted at something very bad happening. And that can easily be remaining trapped in limbo forever, or something similar.

Stalker said the Empire at the Victory Celebration were "cold and gold". Quite odd for their devoted servant to say. He should have been praising them, not calling them emotionless.

Not so odd if you think about it. "Cold" can be "harsh", but sometimes that is needed to achieve results. given Stalker's personality it's perfectly possible that he agrees with that line of action. The Tenno being more good would also back that up, since they're not "cold" enough. Basically he's Darth Vader.

Edited by Taramafor

18 hours ago, Taramafor said:

Keep in mind that Ordis never said Limbo "died". He only hinted at something very bad happening. And that can easily be remaining trapped in limbo forever, or something similar.

Not so odd if you think about it. "Cold" can be "harsh", but sometimes that is needed to achieve results. given Stalker's personality it's perfectly possible that he agrees with that line of action. The Tenno being more good would also back that up, since they're not "cold" enough. Basically he's Darth Vader.

It's so heavily implied that Limbo's rift-walk scattered his body parts all over the place (thus the locations of his blueprints across the galaxy), that it's close to being impossible that Limbo and his operator didn't die in some manner.

The Orokin Leaders plausibly had some form of advanced tech that would parallel what the 2004 re-imagined Cylon Replicants used or something along the lines of the Bioshock Vita-Chamber; aside from having Lorists available to heal, that likely were the first systems targeted in the Betrayal.

Another possible angle, is the that versions of the Somatic Link and Transference were first technologies used by the Orokin Leaders for themselves to be "Immortal" and would have been highly prized and restricted; that were cleverly reapplied and re-engineered for how the Tenno use the tech to control Warframes. And could help explain why the Orokin were so concerned and reluctant to see the tech used on the Tenno and why Margulis was executed as punishment for using their sacred tech in such a fashion. It was necessity that allowed for such use to continue with Ballas and others it seems as they trained the Tenno and built more Warframes.

So the Orokin body could be damaged or destroyed as the one Ordan Fragment showed, (and the Grineer later killing an Orokin with a saw to the spine); so prior to the Betrayal those systems could have been fully functioning when Ordan was being changed into a Cephalon, and then the tech were destroyed or disabled by the Tenno as the Orokin Leadership was targeted for Assassination, maybe that tech used by the Orokin was on the Moon, so when it disappeared and went under Natah's control; it was then only a matter of time for any surviving Orokin that relied on that tech to perish.

Edited by SPARTAN-187.Thanatos

On 26.8.2016 at 3:14 PM, PsychedelicSnake said:

Immortality in fiction takes two forms, more or less.

1. True Immortality: Cannot die, period. Cannot die from age, cannot die from normally mortal wounds. They've essentially beaten time and death itself. Prime examples for this is Aldia (Dark Souls) or several Gods in assorted pantheons.
  2. Partial Immortality: Cannot die from natural means, but can die from mortal wounds. These almost always include beings such as Elvis (prominent in nearly all fantasy fiction). 

The Orokin are the second one.

ELVIS is immortal, i have known it !!! ^^)

now i have to go and get a coca cola at mcdonalds to do party about ...

the lore and gameplay at warframe harmonize completely together, too much bugs which are real and too much fantasy which will never happen ingame

thinking about the lore, its never too late, the updates/bugresolving are faar too late (^^

we need gods as devs ... humans fail too much ^^)

Edited by Guest

You know, being that the current Grineer have processing centers for their infants all across Sol, I wonder, could some of those, pre-grinification, have been the great well-springs of immortality that begat Orokin after Orokin into life after life? If the medically knowledgeable Grineer running those places suddenly started throttling every fetus and spare body at a time where the Tenno suddenly have a murder on for the head honchos, the immortals will haveta suddenly start running on a Mario esque lives system, with each new life wakeing you up in a totally random place, from a spare vat that Doc Mor Ooh and his cronies missed, to a container surrounded by angry grins that have been itching to see those eyes open just to cutem out. The final piece on my mind? Perhaps Oro is a claytronic medium of sorts, like a more advanced version of Morphics. Let it into an object (or a body), let it linger there and "learn" about it's surroundings, release it and BOOM, it makes a perfect copy. If you preprogrammed it, stuck it in someone, and prematurely activated it however. . . oh my.

Edited by Unus

On 8/26/2016 at 9:09 AM, Evanescent said:

Notice the Nekros prime trailer, and the lore from the fragments:

"your grace, we who are beyond death"

The orokin were immortal, they couldn't die. The Tenno therefore could not have killed them in the way that the stalker says they did, Just as Ordan Karris saw, killing them physically does nothing.

Just wanted to point this out. 

Thoughts?

The Orokin also state, in Excalibur Prime's codex entry, that all of their reason and logic fails in the face of the Void.

"The blinding night, the hellspace where our science and reason failed."

It's anyone's guess as to whether or not void powers could permanently end them.  Given the fear that is shown towards Tenno void powers, and the vehemence with which the Orokin Executors demanded their death initially, I wouldn't rule out Tenno abilities for being able to permanently kill them.

Ordan Karris wasn't a Tenno and lacked void powers; the Orokin had nothing to fear from him, and considered his sacrifice an amusement.  They punished him more for spurning their generosity more than for actually attempting to kill one of them.  If he were a Tenno, I imagine their reactions to him would've been very, very different.

On 29/08/2016 at 6:04 AM, SurryCurry said:

It's so heavily implied that Limbo's rift-walk scattered his body parts all over the place (thus the locations of his blueprints across the galaxy), that it's close to being impossible that Limbo and his operator didn't die in some manner.

At what point is that stated in the game?

On 30/08/2016 at 7:06 PM, Taramafor said:

At what point is that stated in the game?

At the very end, when Ordis says:

Excellent, the final Theorem and it's unfragmented. Processing.

Oh, wait, Limbo, no that's a mistake, you don't want to go there. It's too big a jump. You can't rift walk... ohh. Oh no.

Operator, I think I know why we're finding Limbo parts scattered throughout the system. His final rift walk was a miscal... disaster. Well, perhaps when you occupy this frame, you will use more... caution.

Things went explode.

Orokin were technically immortal. I liken it to the "immortality" you have in EvE. You CAN die, but you don't stay dead. And that last part is very important. We don't know the exact method that the Orokin used. Rapid regeneration, clones or both? Ordis back when he was flesh and bone stood over a pile of Orokin bodies. So I'm leaning towards "clones" or some other form of rapidly created copies with the consciousness carried over. Though it IS possible to kill someone with such kind of immortality, and if there were anyone to figure that out it'd be the Tenno. And then there is the entire thing about "Oro" as seen in the Conclave. Teshin clearly states that Oro is essentially some space-magic "quicksave" for a person. Their body can be destroyed, but they survive as Oro, to be remade back into a whole, with memories intact. 

On 03/09/2016 at 10:20 PM, Venom-Snake said:

Things went explode.

I wouldn't say explode. But certainty torn apart it seems. Would be kind of funny if it happened to the warframe when they died in limbo. Imagine "pulling yourself together" once a "part" is revived.

On August 26, 2016 at 9:14 AM, PsychedelicSnake said:

Immortality in fiction takes two forms, more or less.

1. True Immortality: Cannot die, period. Cannot die from age, cannot die from normally mortal wounds. They've essentially beaten time and death itself. Prime examples for this is Aldia (Dark Souls) or several Gods in assorted pantheons.
  2. Partial Immortality: Cannot die from natural means, but can die from mortal wounds. These almost always include beings such as Elves (prominent in nearly all fantasy fiction). 

The Orokin are the second one.

Ordin Karris seemingly eviscerates many Orokin as they laugh.  I think  it's more of a "qualified" Immortality like Smaug and his missing scale over his heart and Sauron and his ring..."Pride goeth before the fall" immortality if you will...obviously the Orokin feared what the Sentients evolved into. 

On August 29, 2016 at 5:18 AM, Arkvold said:

The Orokin also state, in Excalibur Prime's codex entry, that all of their reason and logic fails in the face of the Void.

"The blinding night, the hellspace where our science and reason failed."

It's anyone's guess as to whether or not void powers could permanently end them.  Given the fear that is shown towards Tenno void powers, and the vehemence with which the Orokin Executors demanded their death initially, I wouldn't rule out Tenno abilities for being able to permanently kill them.

Ordan Karris wasn't a Tenno and lacked void powers; the Orokin had nothing to fear from him, and considered his sacrifice an amusement.  They punished him more for spurning their generosity more than for actually attempting to kill one of them.  If he were a Tenno, I imagine their reactions to him would've been very, very different.

I think the whole chain of events for Karris was pre-ordained, and the "BoB" ritual was needed to prep him for conversion.  They were never going to "gift" him their immortality and would have killed him on the spot if he had accepted...

Second, I wouldn't be surprised if the insidious, hive-minded intelligence in the Void isn't the evolved form of the infestation due to consumption of many, many Orokin minds...

In that sense it would be a virtual, never-ending hell to be truly feared...a virus-like organism that strips them of their pristine, vain individuality and beauty by consuming them, or worse...eternally dominating them.