Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nekros Prime Should Spawn Corrupted Enemies

Luther848

I agree with the idea. Especially now that the shadows for the prime version are really uggly. The black texture is even worse than the normal version (not counting the fact that the heavy gunner is black and white). I fell that they are missing an opportunity to make this ability really cool. 

When you look at the trailer you can see Nekros and his army of death surrounded by a imminent fog of terror and desease. But in the game they are specters made of charcoal.

Corrupted are named so because they are controlled directly by the neural sentry, their physical bodies are commandeered.

Nekros' Shadow of the Dead ability summons the souls from the Void to serve Nekros in battle, reconstituted by the energy of the Void.

From a lore perspective, it wouldn't make sense for them to be or look corrupted, but if they had a more metallic appearance to them like many other prime warframe's abilities, that wouldn't be out of line at all.

6 minutes ago, GrandPulse said:

Nope it should not. Please read the lore and wait for the "war within" to see the answers who Corrupted are.

The Corrupted are things that have been taken over by a Neural Sentry. What does TWW have to do with the Corrupted? I know that the devs have said something about revealing info about warframes in TWW.

16 minutes ago, GrandPulse said:

Nope it should not. Please read the lore and wait for the "war within" to see the answers who Corrupted are.

You say "read the Lore" but it's not like there's a Warframe Lore Compilation just sitting in our Lisets so it would help if you would be more clear about what I'm supposed to be looking for.

Nekros Prime already uses a "corrupted" (not actual Void enemies) effect: The souls spawned are black shadows. Have you played Darksiders 2? It's the very same kind of "corruption".

I think it's great personally, and besides I doubt they'd change it to create actual in-game Void enemies due gameplay visualization and "readibility" concerns.

3 hours ago, Luther848 said:

I think it fits to have Nekros P spawn Corrupted enemies or at the very least they should look Corrupted even if they aren't actually any better stats wise.

If an enemy is corrupted, it means he is ally to the Orokins, so now, enemies to the Warframes.

And "at least should look even if they aren't"? What? Doesn't make sense to "Look" but not "Being".

No support. The Corrupted are the result of the tower's defenses. Nekros Prime being able to spawn them would make no sense. 

Edit: Not to mention DE would have to create new models for enemies that currently cannot appear as a Corrupted naturally. Waste of resources. 

Edited by Tymerc

Besides lore perversion, not that I know that if this is, not all enemies have corrupted variants.  DE would need to make them not just for all the enemies we have now, but future ones too.  Seem like a serious amount of work for nothing, unless DE intend to do that for other reasons.

1 hour ago, Tymerc said:

No support. The Corrupted are the result of the tower's defenses. Nekros Prime being able to spawn them would make no sense. 

Edit: Not to mention DE would have to create new models for enemies that currently cannot appear as a Corrupted naturally. Waste of resources. 

57 minutes ago, Casval_Rouge said:

Besides lore perversion, not that I know that if this is, not all enemies have corrupted variants.  DE would need to make them not just for all the enemies we have now, but future ones too.  Seem like a serious amount of work for nothing, unless DE intend to do that for other reasons.

But all it really needs is the Corrupted finish that all enemies in Void Fissures get when they are corrupted.

6 hours ago, GrandPulse said:

Why wait when you can go to the wiki and read all of the information regarding Tower Sentries right now? It's almost like you gave a concrete answer on a subject you have an incomplete understanding of.

On topic, while I think that thematically speaking, having bright, shiny enemies popping out of an edgelord necromancer is rather immersion-breaking, the Corrupted headpiece could be rendered in your energy color as a particle effect over the face of an enemy you've respawned. Non-immersion breaking, pretty simple to execute, not nearly as resource-intensive as creating all new enemy models.

Edited by MadHatHacker
Dank Grammar Man

2 hours ago, Luther848 said:

But all it really needs is the Corrupted finish that all enemies in Void Fissures get when they are corrupted.

Well okay if that's what you meant by Corrupted. I thought you meant the Corrupted found in Void missions with the face plates.