Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm gonna complain about shadow stalker

Riku0142

On 9/8/2016 at 11:15 PM, KinetosImpetus said:

The devs have said assassins do not take your equipment level into account. The reason they seem to attack more when you are leveling stuff is Confirmation Bias. You don't remember the the times you melt him in seconds as well as you do the times you get frustrated by him. 

The devs have mislead players before.  And they've had a good chuckle out of it.

And many people have noticed stalker seems to show up more often when they're levelling a piece of gear, not so much when all one's gear is fully levelled and modded out.

A few times a group of us made 'stalker bait' builds, and... well... Stalker *did* seem to spawn ridiculously more often on those runs.  Pattern we saw was that your gear had to be level 5 and above, seemed like.

Might just be coincidence, but... it's a heck of a lot of coincidences.

Then again, Warframe's RNG was at work, so...

Edited by DeMeritus

24 minutes ago, DeMeritus said:

The devs have mislead players before.  And they've had a good chuckle out of it.

And many people have noticed stalker seems to show up more often when they're levelling a piece of gear, not so much when all one's gear is fully levelled and modded out.

A few times a group of us made 'stalker bait' builds, and... well... Stalker *did* seem to spawn ridiculously more often on those runs.  Pattern we saw was that your gear had to be level 5 and above, seemed like.

Might just be coincidence, but... it's a heck of a lot of coincidences.

Then again, Warframe's RNG was at work, so...

mislead? you have actual evidence that the dev's have flat out lied to the players?

31 minutes ago, ObviousLee said:

mislead? you have actual evidence that the dev's have flat out lied to the players?

Misleading is not directly tantamount to lying, but sure, i'll bite. Data miner finds drop tables for primes. Truthfully reports most prime parts in the old void have a less than 0.5% drop chance. DE encrypts the drop tables, and declines to comment. I don't have to link that, it's common knowledge, and one google away on Reddit. :/

Edited by (XB1)BOBIWAN86

For me, he shows up whenever, rank gear or not. If I have a rank 30 weapon, great. If not, unless  I run out of ammo, I fight him. He's not hard to kill if you factor in with rapid fire weapons, he adapts to whatever hits him enough, and almost every time I can beat him. Seems like he's trying to steal my akstilleto prime, he always jumps me when I have them >>

8 hours ago, (XB1)BOBIWAN86 said:

Misleading is not directly tantamount to lying, but sure, i'll bite. Data miner finds drop tables for primes. Truthfully reports most prime parts in the old void have a less than 0.5% drop chance. DE encrypts the drop tables, and declines to comment. I don't have to link that, it's common knowledge, and one google away on Reddit. :/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/1o3jzr/1030_rewarddrop_tables_where_are_they/

This is the Reddit thread where Steve actually answered a few things about encryption. While <1% drop chance is a big part of it, IIRC it was DE forgetting to put a Prime part (twice) in the drop table that led to data encryption. Like, the parts just flat out didn't exist in the game (Boar Prime and Latron Prime parts IIRC). 

The thing is, most sensible players more or less understood mistakes; DE is a small team and items getting forgotten while shuffling around Void tables is not at all an unlikely scenario. What players didn't really understand was the encryption--DE expressing gratitude to players who pointed out mistakes, mistakes that would have taken a lot longer to be detected and corrected were it not for players cross-checking the drop tables, and then going on to encrypt the data seemed inconsistent to say the least. 

If older players started losing what was once a firm trust in DE it wasn't from missing Prime parts or 1% Reaper Prime blade drop rate but from DE making it a lot more difficult for players to check the veracity of RNG or pretty much any content or function DE claimed to be in the game. Case in point: Void RNG algorithm that wasn't really RNG (forums.warframe.com/topic/128402-rng-algorithm-bugschanges/) or the Kubrow egg and Chesa RNG that also wasn't RNG. Things many, many players reported as "this doesn't seem quite right" but were told it was just random chance being random. 

8 hours ago, ObviousLee said:

Despite my 3 years of non-stop complaining I still don't think DE misleads or omits information maliciously; you know, Hanlon's razor and all that. From how ridiculous the initial Syndicate grind was, I've come to accept that DE isn't the most realistic or genius when it comes to crunching/expecting numbers. But having a long-ish Tactical Alert with the coveted Gate Crash Slash mods as possible rewards, and omitting that those mods have 0.25% chance to drop, is kiiiinda crossing the line from my point of view (and yes I'd finished Gate Crash before that TA so I didn't need to farm those Slash mods again.) 

I love fighting the Shadow Stalker.  I hate dealing damage to the Shadow Stalker.

I adore how he forces me to play defensively, time rolls and dodge attacks properly, and while I think his giant rotating laser of death is a touch unfair in tight spaces, the only time I've not had fun fighting him was when I had no decent weapons, which brings me to the next point.

I would consider it one of the best fights in the whole game, if he didn't have that damn shield.  I wish I could just power through his damage resist through willpower,  determination, and skill, dealing 5% damage but slowly whittling him down.  But nope, because his resistances carry over to his recharging shield, it only takes one of those absorb techniques to undo several minutes of work. I think I've surrendered like five or six times now just because I didn't want to deal with however many hours of getting nothing done.

At the rate this past month has been going I will have encountered the Shadow Stalker at least 4 times a week, it's starting to get really, really bloody tedious. Where are the Grustrag Three or Harvester, I've gotta have a billion marks for those two banked up but yet it's just shadow stalker coming after me for bosses I killed two years ago again and again and again.

Honestly makes me wish I never did The Second Dream.

If you have to, and I know this may sound silly, bring a status weapon with as close to 100% as you can get on it, and try to ensure that it only does bleed and/or toxin if you can.  Yes, single-element.  Single element that bypasses shields and stacks.  It's the death of 1000 cuts.  His resist will never get better than 95%, so if you can get the status proc ticking and keep it running, he'll die eventually.  Bleed will work faster, as it's finisher damage rather than an actual type, but toxin's a good option if you don't have a good source of bleed.

Another option is Cold status, where you're not actually trying to get any damage out of it.  You're just looking for that slowproc to let you hammer him more easily with whatever you've got that can still do at least a bit of damage to him.

The rest is all evasion.

All of this, of course, is rendered moot if you can hit him directly in the face with a precision shot from a high-end opticor, but I'm not gonna assume that's a realistic or reasonable answer.

On 9/9/2016 at 10:48 PM, (XB1)BOBIWAN86 said:

you realize data encryption is standard fare on most online games....right?

Nice to know I'm not the only one with problems killing Stalker.  I've only "killed" him once, due to conveniently being on a squad when the incident happened. 

His damage resistance is EXTREMELY annoying, but I kinda like it.  It really gives him that fear factor and causes players to dread his arrival.  Though, this does make it impossible for players without insanely high-damage weapons to defeat Stalker.  But Warframe has always been a obtaining the biggest, baddest, most explosive weapons in the game... which can't be obtained without Mastery Rank, which cannot be obtained unless you level up weapons, which cannot be obtained as long as Stalker keeps killing everybody... 

In other words, Stalker is an incredibly brilliant and cunning jerk. 

On 9/10/2016 at 0:28 PM, CuddlyTurtle said:

At the rate this past month has been going I will have encountered the Shadow Stalker at least 4 times a week, it's starting to get really, really bloody tedious. Where are the Grustrag Three or Harvester, I've gotta have a billion marks for those two banked up but yet it's just shadow stalker coming after me for bosses I killed two years ago again and again and again.

Honestly makes me wish I never did The Second Dream.

You can't bank Zanuka or G3 marks. Stalker has 1 mark per boss, with the individual boss marks not banked. 

On 9/8/2016 at 3:18 PM, (PS4)LeBlingKing69 said:

If I meet him, it's when I am trying to level up my stuff

And when I do defeat him, it's always a stupid Heavy Impact.

I was never given a proper introduction to the Stalker

Pre-Second Dream, I got Hate AND Despair, but sold them to get new weapons

I NEVER saw them again

And I wish I could go to the past, and *female dog*-slap the hell out of my noob self for not being able to make 12 plat

You know you might be able to send in a support ticket about selling those.  I had a friend who sold his despair and he got it back after having sold it a little over a month prior to sending the ticket.  

They might take pity on you and give them back.  Don't get your hopes too high though, that was a long time ago and they're only super rare, not exclusive.

shadow stalker is easy most of the time. especially if you slow him down a bit. only time I have failed is if ive not brought a ranked weapon , frame and not paying attention. just means you have to cycle around what you are leveling or level with a friend.  pop sheild/health/energy pads that helps too. 

also its easy enough to learn how he moves and jump over him shoot then jump again etc. fact he is too predicable and easy for me at this point. 

my record so far is three visits in one day  other wise its normally 2-4 times a week  :) really makes you feel loved. He lives up to his name. 

Edited by morningstar999

I've been getting loads of fan mail from the shadow stalker since spectres of the rail was released.

Only seen him once in the last month or two though.

Pops up in the middle of a lvl 30 survival alert while I'm swinging a red crit scindo p into hundreds of grineer faces.

Took about 30 seconds of melee. He left me with Heavy Impact. 

I really like the Shadow Stalker, the fight is more fun than it was before the Second Dream. 

Going to vent a bit here

He REALLY needs some changes to either his requirements or how his abilities function!

Today while testing spy missions for exp my setup was:

Loki Prime maxed

Orthos Prime lv15

Smeeta lv13

When he gave the signal that he was going to show up I thought it would be best to just let him kill me, but the drive to get Hate (the only Stalker weapon I'm missing atm) told me different and I knew it was going to be a mistake, I knew it... I used spectres (Moa, Osprey and Charger) to distract him and hoped they would do damage because I only had 1 weapon and it was melee (good range or not it's still close enough for him to kill me).

So after 10 minutes of fighting, I died, closest I came to killing him was going invisible and he didn't notice me or try to dispel me, so I whailed on him with channeling and got him to about 30 - 40% health (the spectres barely did squat).

Please,

1. Make more requirements for him to show up. Minimal 1 (non sentinel) maxed weapon and must have 1 or 2 other (any rank) weapons. Or just all maxed weapons and full setup required (except for companion).

2. Make his resistance extremely temporary. Just lower it's duration.

3. Make his dispel have a longer cast or recovery time (also maybe lower or remove the damage) . Also make him unable to attack for a bit after the knockdown teleport or just remove it.