Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm gonna complain about shadow stalker

Riku0142

I'm a little pissed about him right now since this is like his fifth time this week popping up and slaughtering me while I was leveling something and I gotta say, while I appreciate that he got the re-work the sentient damage resist bullS#&$ is incredibly stupid. At least with the sentients you know your'e going to have to deal with their S#&$, stalker just shows up whenever the F*** he feels like it and it always seems to be at the worst possible time since its when I'm either leveling weapons a warframe or both. I don't mind him showing up when I'm leveling, or at least I wouldn't if just having one good weapon was enough to kill him, but no he has to have that stupid damage resist mechanic that the sentients have. I've had to just kill myself against him multiple times because it got to the point where I couldn't break his shield at all and he couldn't hit me, so it was either stay in a stalemate for the rest of my life or just give up, since its usually spy missions all I've got is my Dread and some S#&$ty weapons. The Dread can get him to half health in a few shots but after that it gets to a point where I can't even get through his shields because I've got my Dread then some S#&$ty secondary and melee or Despair and a S#&$ty primary/melee. There really isn't a point to this at all I'm just getting a little sick of his S#&$...at least I could kill the normal stalker without having to be armed to the teeth and completely prepared to fight him. I guess I wouldn't mind it as much if I knew I had to come prepared specifically to kill him, but that would ruin the fun of stalker showing up randomly and the only other solution to that is always come prepared, which means never level anything ever again.

TL;DR- I'm being whiny and complaining about damage resist buff on stalker cuz it means I can't kill him if I'm leveling S#&$, and he's always an &#! about when he chooses to show up. Also he has been all over my &#! this week while I'm just trying to get more mastery.

Edited by Riku0142

Started carrying at least 5 damage types on me at all times, even when leveling, just in case he shows up. It slows down my leveling, and I still die to him anyways (My secondary weapons are crap right now, don't do enough damage), but it's nice enough re-assurance to know that the POSSIBILITY of beating him is there.

Maybe consider it.

Assassins tend to show up mostly only when you don't have the loadout to take them on. It's a known thing, always been. Stalker himself is bad in the way that if you dont have enough damage output of enough different types when he shows up, you're kinda screwed if you don't have some way to deal damage despite his adaptation mechanic. And the vast majority abilities being rather... worthless against him, doesn't help.

If, on the other hand, you're ready for him, he "mysteriously" tends to never, ever show up. Happened to me a lot lately, while I was ranking up stuff. Always bring at least one hard-hitting weapon with as many different damage types on it as you can. I know it's not the most useful or reliable kind of advice, but I don't really have any other.^^'

Edited by Marthrym

1 minute ago, Marthrym said:

Assassins tend to show up mostly only when you don't have the loadout to take them on. It's a known thing, always been. Stalker himself is bad in the way that if you dont have enough different damage output and enough different types when he shows up, you're kinda screwed if you don't have some way to deal damage despite his adaptation mechanic. And the vast majority abilities being rather... worthless against him, doesn't help.

If, on the other hand, you're ready for him, he "mysteriously" tends to never, ever show up. Happened to me a lot lately, while I was ranking up stuff.

he's shown plenty of times for me, whether i be ranking items or not. He's simply a cautionary tale in being unprepared will cost you heavily.

if I'm on a frame that doesn't do dmg like Loki and I don't have like 5 types of dmg I just let him kill me. Once he has a resist off all your dmg it's pretty much over. I've gotten him to like 30% hp with loki synoid gammacor, dex sybaris, and was slapping him with 3 forma blood rush body count 2.5x combo multiplier channeled Atterax and he doesn't care.

AHEM

Remember that your MR allows you to put stuff on your weapons? It's especially good when you are over MR10 and have a potato on your thing. I'm pretty sure you can make builds that can kill Shadow Stalker when you have 20 mod points, even without polarities. Unless your weapon is MK1 or has similar DPS to those weapons, then you'd be screwed in any situation anyway.

Just now, ObviousLee said:

he's shown plenty of times for me, whether i be ranking items or not. He's simply a cautionary tale in being unprepared will cost you heavily.

Except there is no way to be prepared if you want to rank stuff up efficiently. You have to admit that doing it one weapon at a time can feel a bit dumb and inefficient, especially when you've been doing it for 3 years. Gets stale at this point, so many a player would rather risk it to be done with it as fast as possible. It's not like him taking you down has any notable negative impact on the affinity you get anyway. So much for heavy cost.

Not every player gets lucky with RNG. I myself can tell you that as long as I have the stuff to kick his shadowy @ss, he actually doesn't bother wasting time showing up. He just doesn't. You also cannot be "prepared" for an enemy that you have absolutely no way whatsoever to see coming. Him having 1.5% chance to show up during any mission doesn't really give a reliable heads-up. Following that logic would make it mandatory to be prepared at all times, which, when you try to rank up several pieces of gear, would only make the whole thing more tedious. So being prepared is irrelevant as far as I'm concerned. Not worth "preparing" for in the first place, if you know what I mean. Then again, my MR allows me to actually put some "oomph" even in unranked weapons now, so, I guess the point is moot for me...

Just now, Marthrym said:

Except there is no way to be prepared if you want to rank stuff up efficiently. You have to admit that doing it one weapon at a time can feel a bit dumb and inefficient, especially when you've been doing it for 3 years. Gets stale at this point, so many a player would rather risk it to be done with it as fast as possible. It's not like him taking you down has any notable negative impact on the affinity you get anyway. So much for heavy cost.

Not every player gets lucky with RNG. I myself can tell you that as long as I have the stuff to kick his shadowy @ss, he actually doesn't bother wasting time showing up. He just doesn't. You also cannot be "prepared" for an enemy that you have absolutely no way whatsoever to see coming. Him having 1.5% chance to show up during any mission doesn't really give a reliable heads-up. Following that logic would make it mandatory to be prepared at all times, which, when you try to rank up several pieces of gear, would only make the whole thing more tedious. So being prepared is irrelevant as far as I'm concerned. Not worth "preparing" for in the first place, if you know what I mean. Then again, my MR allows me to actually put some "oomph" even in unranked weapons now, so, I guess the point is moot for me...

if you're willing to take the risk and deal with a stalker hunting you without something that can adequately kill him quickly, that's your fault. it's the outcome of your decision. that's all there is to it. if you wanna be patient and still be able to protect yourself, then good. if not, one literally loses all grounds to launch a complaint because you chose to bring inferior gear.

Shadow Stalker vs Sentients:

-has rechargeable shields (affected by resistances)

-comes only to unprepared Tenno with underpowered weapons/frames

-totally immune to any kind of ability and can dispel buffs

-teleports you to melee range

-can't be faced with melee because his War has insane damage, so we have only 2 weapons to use against him

I start by saying that I'm actually ok with him as he is now, considering he's an assassin and he chooses wisely when attacking us and he proves to be a real challenge, but I agree that he's a bit too much, unless you're in a full squad of overpowered guys. Most of the times when he comes it's a death sentence

Always take one good fully and properly modded weapon with you everywhere if you are concerned about getting killed by assassins. It may take some time to deal with Stalker due to his damage adaptation but it can be done if you bring a big enough gun. It's not going to happen if you bring an 8 forma Lato.

If you aren't concerned (which means you are actively making the decision to trade away your survivability in exchange for greedily leveling three weapons simultaneously at all times), then by all means take a pre-30 primary, secondary and melee into a mission, but don't complain if you get gutted like a fish when you know the risk you're taking. Stalker is there *precisely* to kill players who are not prepared to handle him for whatever reason.

Edited by Kiryuin-Satsuki

Only ever comes after me solo while leveling as well. Play for weeks at normal strength and he is a no show take one night to rank up a new loadout and bam 3 times in a row he'll pop in lol. Doesn't bother me but with the same happening to what looks like several players I'd say it's a part of how he works.

Edited by blackheartstar_pc

Just now, Luario said:

I don't remember when last time I killed Stalker solo. Even when I have guns for dmg he just summons this flying thing and 1-shots me. Sometimes I really feel punished for playing certain mission alone.

there's this fantastic thing called bullet jumping and not being up in his face(which is within range of his sentient lasers) or hell, wall cling and shooting, anyone? anyone at all? *crickets chirp* oh.....ok then.

Stalker came after my non-potatoed lvl 26 Nova while I was leveling my lvl 13 Ignis and lvl 10 Furax Wraith.  Luckily I had my lvl 30 Lex and was in a group pug alert.  The time before that, he attacked my lvl 25 Nekros when I was in a Solo Fissure Escavation.  I didn't have a lvl 30 main weapon at that time either.  But had my Lex and Redeemer.  I barely was able to kill him thanks to my Smeeta giving me red crit charm for my Lex.  So yeah, he does seem to go after you while you're leveling and above level 25 and without a main weapon.

Just now, BornWithTeeth said:

Shadow Stalker is a scrub who gets his head kicked in on the regular. The last time he showed up to bother me was a couple of weeks back, while I was a) re-leveling my Ack and Brunt after giving it a couple of Forma, and b) drunk.

I killed him in seconds.

this guy knows whats up.

If I meet him, it's when I am trying to level up my stuff

And when I do defeat him, it's always a stupid Heavy Impact.

I was never given a proper introduction to the Stalker

Pre-Second Dream, I got Hate AND Despair, but sold them to get new weapons

I NEVER saw them again

And I wish I could go to the past, and *female dog*-slap the hell out of my noob self for not being able to make 12 plat

45 minutes ago, ObviousLee said:

bring. a fully ranked. weapon.

Guess I didn't make it clear but I do, I always have my dread on me or some weapon thats not &#! for the sole purpose of being able to kill S#&$, issue with that is he resists the damage it deals after i get him to half health