Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember changes

(PSN)greeneye_o

Question

22 answers to this question

no difference for me energy wise ..except fire quake dosnt work 50% of time now on higher end enemies....the heck?

but there is a bug with energy drain currently , noticed it happens RNG but it will rapidly drain energy for no reason or

on a single cast drains 10-20 x the energy it costs , i haven't isolated the cause , but it happens on all frames currently 

1 minute ago, Skaleek said:

I think they recently changed it so that you are no longer immune to parastic effects while under a toggle, could that be what was stealing your energy?

She was never immune to them.

And to answer the topic: So far I noticed no "nerf" my energy drain was still the same (yesterday, today I'm still not able to login due the servers problem). Check your mods, and remember DEvs add energy leechers to EVERY faction in the game.

2 minutes ago, Kuestenjung said:

Fleeting Expertise on abilities like WoF won´t give you a good efficiency due to the fact that duration affects it too.

you know, you could actually test it out or read up on it

max fleeting+streamline will give you minimum drain on all channeled abilities. this is a fact.

see http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Fegazeus/17.5_Duration_mods_and_drain

12 minutes ago, Cash4Cookies said:

you know, you could actually test it out or read up on it

max fleeting+streamline will give you minimum drain on all channeled abilities. this is a fact.

see http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Fegazeus/17.5_Duration_mods_and_drain

Maybe you should test it by yourself. WoF cost 3 energy/sec without mods and 3 energy/sec with fleeting expertise. It will only give you an advantage when you are using duration mods to counter the negative duration. 

31 minutes ago, Kuestenjung said:

Maybe you should test it by yourself. WoF cost 3 energy/sec without mods and 3 energy/sec with fleeting expertise. It will only give you an advantage when you are using duration mods to counter the negative duration. 

i said maxed fleeting + maxed streamline

or in other terms: +90% eff and -60% duration

i already linked a more in-depth explanation

but in short:

if your duration is below 100%, then the excess efficiency above 75% (which is normally the cap) will kick in and efficiency is more efficient to minimize drain than duration

GvkVFvq.jpg

BUwlM1b.jpg

Edited by Cash4Cookies

1 hour ago, Harloq said:

She was never immune to them.

And to answer the topic: So far I noticed no "nerf" my energy drain was still the same (yesterday, today I'm still not able to login due the servers problem). Check your mods, and remember DEvs add energy leechers to EVERY faction in the game.

Actually when the first switched over to the energy per second, they were immune to energy drainers, they sense fixed that, was only like it for a couple of weeks if I remember correctly.

1 hour ago, (PS4)greeneye_o said:

did they nerf ember in the silver of the grove update cause whenever i use world on fire i burn through my energy mad fast . so just wanted to know 

The energy drain a second is based off efficiency and duration, a max fleeting, streamline and ANY duration mod will give you 0.75 energy per second.  You probably was just playing around with your build and forgot to put back on your duration mod.  Without it, its 2.4 energy a second

1 hour ago, (PS4)mmcareen said:

Actually when the first switched over to the energy per second, they were immune to energy drainers, they sense fixed that, was only like it for a couple of weeks if I remember correctly.

The energy drain a second is based off efficiency and duration, a max fleeting, streamline and ANY duration mod will give you 0.75 energy per second.  You probably was just playing around with your build and forgot to put back on your duration mod.  Without it, its 2.4 energy a second

are you using transient fortitude? otherwise a duration mod is not needed

Many of you guys are a giving slightly wrong advice. Channeled abilities take their efficiency from both duration and regular efficiency. For a channeled ability to reach max efficiency a rank four Fleeting Expertise and  rank four Streamline would be optimal, giving maximum efficiency while reducing the negative impact on duration.

For the best efficiency on channeled abilities you would also want to have positive duration so if you are using both Fleeting Expertise and Transient Fortitude, it would be best to also run a Primed Continuity and Constitution.

http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Ember/t_30_3000322430_2-7-10-4-3-5-5-2-4-6-1-5-13-4-3-34-8-5-55-0-4-411-5-10-479-6-10-615-9-5_55-5-6-11-5-8-4-9-13-7-411-8-479-7-2-6-34-14-615-9_0/en/1-0-3/0

Edited by (XB1)freakytiki3
added link

58 minutes ago, (XB1)freakytiki3 said:

For a channeled ability to reach max efficiency a rank four Fleeting Expertise and  rank four Streamline would be optimal, giving maximum efficiency while reducing the negative impact on duration.

Reduce, yes, but NOT negate.

At R4 for both (and no other Efficiency / Duration-affecting Mods),
you get the maximum reduction (75%, at 175% or more Efficiency) in activation cost
but "drain efficiency" is at only 62.5% reduction (if I head-math'd correctly lol).

Like Cash4Cookies illustrated, you need a full R5 Fleeting & Streamline
to cancel out the Duration penalty (again, assuming no other Mods).

Basically, each +/- 4% Duration give +/- 1% Efficiency for drain costs.
With a 190% Efficiency stat (shown in-Arsenal as 175% because of the 75% cost reduction cap),
Fleeting's -60% Duration translates into -15% drain Efficiency,
giving you the max of 175% Efficiency / 75% reduction for both activation and drain costs.

... I hope that made sense :P

Edited by NinjaZeku

2 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

Reduce, yes, but NOT negate.

At R4 for both (and no other Efficiency / Duration-affecting Mods),
you get the maximum reduction (75%, at 175% or more Efficiency) in activation cost
but "drain efficiency" is at only 62.5% reduction (if I head-math'd correctly lol).

Like Cash4Cookies illustrated, you need a full R5 Fleeting & Streamline
to cancel out the Duration penalty (again, assuming no other Mods).

Basically, each +/- 4% Duration give +/- 1% Efficiency for drain costs.
With a 190% Efficiency stat (shown in-Arsenal as 175% because of the 75% cost reduction cap),
Fleeting's -60% Duration translates into -15% drain Efficiency,
giving you the max of 175% Efficiency / 75% reduction for both activation and drain costs.

... I hope that made sense :P

trying to understand still, I currently run maxed Prime Continuity, Constitution, Transient, rank four Streamline and rank four Fleeting My activation cost should be 12.5 (shows 13 in arsenal) and my drain per second is  0.75.

So you are saying it is possible to get greater efficiency than that by running maxed ranked Fleeting and Streamline. even if it incurs negative duration?

2 hours ago, (XB1)freakytiki3 said:

So you are saying it is possible to get greater efficiency than that

Nah, 75% reduction is the max, it's just that the Efficiency stat can (invisibly) go beyond 175%,
thus making it possible to balance out negative Duration.

In your build, you could e.g. swap out Constitution and up Streamline to R5,
that'd give you "only" 74% or so drain cost reduction
(and e.g. decent Accelerant duration) which is still working just fine for me, FWIW.