Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tips To More Easily Find Medallions,Datums,etc

Laidain

Question

15 answers to this question

Loot detection works across a wide *horizontal* area, but its vertical range is much smaller.  Look up, and jump up into any high places you see.  Similarly, look for low areas you can fall down into.  Sometimes just bullet-jumping straight up and watching the map can show blips that wouldn't otherwise have shown up.

Clear the map.  Bring something with a wide AoE, like Ignis, polearms, or Telos Boltace.  Break *everything* on your radar, and collect all pick-ups (Vacuum can help with this).  If you see a square that can't be broken or picked up automatically then it's probably a medallion.

If you're comfortable without Vacuum then bring a Smeeta Kavat.  The double affinity/resources buff will also double any medallions you pick up.

You could equip Coaction Drift for 15% Aura Efficiency, I also use the new Telos Boltace with Reach and Maiming Strike for a 15 meter radius spin attack (breaks all the containers). 

Other then that just learn them maps, there are only a certain amount of spawn locations for medallions. 

Keep in mind that having these mods will greatly increase the range in which you see items, even one that are in different rooms and on different levels. You may be thinking "How can I get that item, there's no passages" but it's actually just in another room that you haven't gone to yet. 

Bring your scanner and search high and low. Observe your surroundings thoroughly if you find a locked room without an obvious way in. There are instances where a room may have a hidden vent or explosive that can be broken that you may miss when you're running around.

Syndicate emblems, marks, whatever you wish to call them, tend to spawn in the same spots, if they are to be in a certain room. Make a note of locations you find them in and any secret rooms that you already know of. You still want to double check anything you see on the map, but it may help your pace if you begin to recognize where they like to spawn, such as under stair cases.

11 minutes ago, Pratigious said:

I have on theifs wit,animal instinct and loot detector so that i can see those squares on the map,what other useful tips besides this can someone offer?

Thief's Wit, Animal Instinct, Loot Detector... A hammer or something with a wide-range spin attack... a lot of patience, and a team willing to cooperate... and Coaction Drift to round it off.

10 minutes ago, Pratigious said:

I have on theifs wit,animal instinct and loot detector so that i can see those squares on the map,what other useful tips besides this can someone offer?

I don't know when, but they have increased the hiding places for them, so you might find them in some crazy places, so when you see a box you can't get to or nothing is there, look around and keep your eyes peeled.  One of the craziest hiding places I have found yet was in the Jupiter tile set in the tile with the ramp the goes down a few floors, they were hidden on a conduit pipe in a corner about ten feet off the ground.

14 minutes ago, Buff00n said:

Loot detection works across a wide *horizontal* area, but its vertical range is much smaller.  Look up, and jump up into any high places you see.  Similarly, look for low areas you can fall down into.  Sometimes just bullet-jumping straight up and watching the map can show blips that wouldn't otherwise have shown up.

Clear the map.  Bring something with a wide AoE, like Ignis, polearms, or Telos Boltace.  Break *everything* on your radar, and collect all pick-ups (Vacuum can help with this).  If you see a square that can't be broken or picked up automatically then it's probably a medallion.

If you're comfortable without Vacuum then bring a Smeeta Kavat.  The double affinity/resources buff will also double any medallions you pick up.

oh man,that smetta thing really helped.thanks man.

27 minutes ago, Saske92 said:

You could equip Coaction Drift for 15% Aura Efficiency, I also use the new Telos Boltace with Reach and Maiming Strike for a 15 meter radius spin attack (breaks all the containers). 

Other then that just learn them maps, there are only a certain amount of spawn locations for medallions. 

Taking this a step further use ignis, it hits through walls (somehow) and breaks the containers allowing you to thin out containers vs. syndicate pickups.  Side note this is a good way to find ayatan stars.

Learning where syndicate pickup spawn is a huge step in finding them reliably. The first thing to know is that they always spawn in areas that containers typically spawn as well or at least nearby them.

Even without trying, once you do several runs of finding them, you'll start learning where to go out of habit and that will make it easier even without loot radar to find them.

9 minutes ago, Pratigious said:

oh man,that smetta thing really helped.thanks man.

It's not reliable, so don't try and wait for it while searching a map.  But it's a nice bonus when it happens.

Very rarely, Smeeta can fire the affinity/resource buff twice in a row.  This stacks and gives you 4x as long as both the first and second buffs are active.  This happened to me just yesterday and turned 2 Insignia and 2 Ayatan stars into 8 of each.  

I'll echo the advice to look above and below.  Up until recently, in my experience Medallions only spawned on the ground, but that's no longer the case.  I ran a mission alone but set to Public, and was joined halfway through by a Tenno who was smart enough to look on top of things, and he found three Medallions on top of crates, near the ceiling.  I was embarrassed I had missed them, but a little less so when I realized that DE had made this unannounced (AFAIK) 'rules change'.

This advice also applies to the Caches: look above and below. I've found (and continue to find) Caches in some very clever places, sometimes well above the typical player "pathway" through a room.  Found one well up in the rafters, balanced on a large pipe, where there wasn't even a walkway.  Thank goodness they make a slight noise, or I never would have looked up there - I only jumped up there because I had looked everywhere else in the room.

If you dont care for the smeeta possible medallion bonus, take a equinox built for max range maim. kill some enemies and release maim. All containers will be destroyed. Walk around with your carrier collecting stuff. The ones still showing in your map after that can be medallions.

When i run with smeeta, i take an ignis with sinister reach and firestorm and ember.  I just run around braking containers, dont even have to stop to kill anything.