The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Syndicate Melee Disappointment

Master-Nachash

Was anyone else under the impression that syndicate melees would come with the typical innate syndicate AOE proc passive, as well as their other passives? Or was that just me?

Can't begin to describe how disappointed I was when I discovered that wasn't the case. 

At least I can put gleaming blight on my rakta dark dagger I guess. :poop:

They're still upgrades from their regulars. Except Synoid Heliocor, it seems more of a sidegrade to me.

I like them, but they weren't what I was expecting. Pretty unique and useful at the same time.

EDIT: Also it's on us if we expected Syndicate procs. Not DE's fault you got disappointed. Doesn't make the weapons bad, though.

Edited by secret9005

They added a new twist to things with the Syndicate Melees that I would see more of as fun new passives to tinker with rather than disappointments from the previous AoE syndicate procs. Sure, the procs killed a lot of enemies, maybe even all of them around you (considering endgame is dead), but these boosts provide a new way to play that might be more complex, but is more rewarding. For example, the blocking on the Vaykor Sydon or the overshields gained from hitting irradiated enemies with the Rakta Dark Dagger.

6 minutes ago, ArionLightning said:

Telos boltace is a beast. I love it.

This.

If anyone's disappointed, just try Telos Boltace with max reach and maiming strike.

It clears rooms of containers in one strike.

Also enemies.

And their dignity.

I like that DE is playing with different functions. Yes a couple are hit and miss but not everything has to go KABLOOEY, with great vengeance and furious anger.  I hope they keep it up.  The best way we can help ensure its always an 'improving' process is to give clear constructive feedback.  

14 minutes ago, Wiz3rd said:

This.

If anyone's disappointed, just try Telos Boltace with max reach and maiming strike.

It clears rooms of containers in one strike.

Also enemies.

And their dignity.

You forgot adding chroma's vex armor damage bonus.

Its just...... 

tumblr_mgwkviEs3H1s3uqhqo1_400.gif

Edited by ArionLightning

7 hours ago, ArionLightning said:

You forgot adding chroma vex armor's damage bonus.

Its just...... Aaaaaaaagggggghhhhh (like homer simpson haha)

You don't even need that damage, I killed sortie level enemies with Mag.

But if you really want to, well, just do what you want.

Edited by Wiz3rd
typo

8 minutes ago, Wiz3rd said:

You don't even need that damage, I killed sortie level enemies with Mag.

But if you really want to, well, just do what you eant.

I know, but I like use them like dragon's claw. they fit in that theme :-P

Anyway, syndicate weapons are cool if well buildt. Just investigate, play and experiment with them :-)

Edited by ArionLightning

After playing them all, not as bad as I initially thought.   First, as weapons, they are all good weapons.    Solid damage and attack speeds.   Looks wise, all look nice.   The passives and syndicate stuff...

Steel - ok, still don't like how this one works.   The counter not allowing attacking is just irritating.  Make the blocks stack would like it.  Others seem to like as is, junk pile for me if not changed.

Hexis - don't think anyone doesn't like this one

Suda - not as bad as some made it out to be.   Specters need to scale somehow,  Either make them last longer, or allow more of them or something.

Perrin - Needs something else.  Even for a new player the money made would be a joke.

Red - nice weapon, like normal dark dagger, not sure radiation best type for stealth as a non kill and proc and all hell breaks loose.

Loka - like this one most of the lot.   Proc reduction is nice, the heal is clunky though.  

Sydon's passive makes no sense unless it was placed on a sword/axe and shield weapon. Pitchforks aren't really a defensive weapon... Both Polearm stances don't suit a pokey Trident and have only 1 combo, making them boring.

Boltace is amazing... expensive to get it to that point though because Maiming Strike. 

Helicor is a downgrade with a useless passive and I am extremely disappointed in it when I was looking forward to it the most. 

Dark Dagger's shield passive doesn't really make much sense imo but it at least can serve somekinda use.. I would like to love this weapon but daggers in general are poorly designed with dull stances.

Magistar is a pretty good, useful weapon. Two Syndicate hammers though?

Lecta is decent actually for a status weapon. You can make a pretty powerful spin build with it like the Boltace and actually have combo multipliers.

15 hours ago, Master-Nachash said:

Was anyone else under the impression that syndicate melees would come with the typical innate syndicate AOE proc passive, as well as their other passives? Or was that just me?

Can't begin to describe how disappointed I was when I discovered that wasn't the case. 

The passives are creative, I guess the Corpus and Suda Syndicate Melee weapons aren't all that great, but they are decent. 

3 hours ago, Wolfdoggie said:

Sydon's passive makes no sense unless it was placed on a sword/axe and shield weapon. Pitchforks aren't really a defensive weapon... Both Polearm stances don't suit a pokey Trident and have only 1 combo, making them boring.

It's not about the passive not making sense on a trident, though. It's about the passive quite literally not being worth the time it takes to use it. You have to stand there like a complete tool for as long as it takes to block fifteen attacks, and if you attack back or maneuver, you lose the charge. The payoff for this is a five second blind.

It's completely ridiculous because in any situation where a Radial Blind would be genuinely useful, you will not have time to stand there like an utter pillock, holding your weapon between you and the enemy for the excruciating charge time, taking excess damage from enemy attacks. You will always be better off just attacking.

EDIT:

Right now, the Vaykor Sydon has two effects. One of them was openly declared, and that's the Block-to-Blind effect. It's interesting and thematically cool, but mechanically terrible and borderline useless.

The second effect is sort of secret, and it took me a while to spot. The Vaykor Sydon has a chance to automatically block a knockdown effect.

The Sydon would be a better weapon if they completely scrapped the Blind effect, and instead made it so that while you are in melee equip mode, your chance to automatically block knockdowns is 100%. That would be a hell of a lot more useful. That, or just make it so that the Blind is not a gimmick which takes longer to charge than the duration of its effect.

Edited by BornWithTeeth

17 minutes ago, Wolfdoggie said:

Helicor is a downgrade with a useless passive and I am extremely disappointed in it when I was looking forward to it the most.

It is a sidegrade, not a downgrade. It would be a downgrade if it were completely worse than the regular. Higher Status Chance and higher Channeling Damage at the price of Crit stats and 20 lower base damage is fine. If the specter either scaled or you can make more of them, though, that'd be great.

Other than Sancti Magistar and Telos Boltace are very badly implemented and just bad.

Synoid Heliocor: A status weapon with speed of an old man yup really useful for a status build.

Vaykor Sydon: By the time i reach 15 blocks I would be pretty much dead seeing the amount of AoE and damage i would take from all sides at high levels.

Secura Lecta: A good weapon by iitself but still a disappointment seeing that atterax and lacera are better reach weapons and both with maiming strike pretty much do everything better than what Secura Lecta can do.

Rakta Dark Dagger: Don't even get started on this weapon. It can't even decide what it wants to be. One side it tries to act as a stealth dagger but we all know how stealth is in warframe and then it tries to act as battle dagger that only is useful on 1 frame over that it's augment doesn't really make it better than ceramic dagger or karyst, In fact it makes it worse and slow attack speed.

Other than tthe 2 mentioned above these weapons are at best for pratting about and nothing serious unlike their primary or secondary versions are.

The Rakta Dark Dagger passive is amazing though. Use a warframe that can give radiation to the enemies as a proc (just like Nyx, Oberon) and hit them with the dagger. You get instant shields back or even overshields.

Telos Boltace... now you can become an attack helicopter!

And Sancti Magistar is also great for healing yourself and your teammates. Maybe it does not deal that much damage but sacrificing that little damage to be able to passively heal is great.

12 hours ago, Master-Nachash said:

A few of them were pretty terrible MR fodder... BUT, I can now just Fatal Teleport and 1-shot everything in the game... so... I guess there's that.