Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does anybody know what is this? Operator cables becoming fleshy

Antiphoton

"We're immune to this infestation, but still they try to kill us."

My guess is that since TWW will bring Tenno-independent gameplay, they will rely upon infested evolutionary tech to fuel their abilities. Sidenote: Umbra will not be in TWW.

I have zero basis for this and I am not in any way reliable. 

Judging from the fact that you have a lot of purple energy on your Warframe and the color on the arboriforms is roughly the same shade of purple in your screenshot, did you, by chance, recently change the eye glow color (operator equivalent of energy color) on your operator to be purple? It might be the energy color accidentally seeping into places where it wasn't meant to be.

I like to think that those white crystals and trees found throughout the Void are petrified Infested tissue. In the Derelicts, the masses of Infested tissue are basically those trees that are no longer under control by Orokin Systems. Even though the incident discussed in this topic is most likely a bug, it's still a scary thought that the crystals behind the Somatic Link could be starting to come out of dormancy.

6 minutes ago, Inarticulate said:

Judging from the fact that you have a lot of purple energy on your Warframe and the color on the arboriforms is roughly the same shade of purple in your screenshot, did you, by chance, recently change the eye glow color (operator equivalent of energy color) on your operator to be purple? It might be the energy color accidentally seeping into places where it wasn't meant to be.

Nope, the eye color glow remained as light blue since I finished The Second Dream. I agree that this must be a bug, but it does not reflect your chosen colors at all. Besides, other players have reported the same fleshy texture, with different color schemes.

10 hours ago, Inarticulate said:

Just tried it again, this time customizing the interior while standing right besides the cables. You were right, they are affected by a selected color (in this case, the tertiary color of the interior).