Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream #81: Postponed until October 7!

[DE]Rebecca

21 minutes ago, Bibliothekar said:

@Sithis32, @-CM-Kinnison, so what, you're telling me my feelings are invalid because "it's business"? Shove off ...

But between Gamescom and EGX they've announced their attendance last-minute for half a dozen other cons not on their list. That's what I'm talking about.

Im not saying you're feelings are invalid because its business. Im saying you need to consider these aspects before voicing you're bitterness 

1 hour ago, AntoineFlemming said:

Based on the fact that they'll have a Coming Soon thread on the 5th, I expect that we most certainly won't see TWW until the following week at the earliest. Not at all surprised at that, though. I just hope DE learns from these repeated delays. Super-ambitious quests aren't worth it if it takes them half a year to finish amid repeated delays, sacrificing other needed content (like systematic improvements to core gameplay mechanics, as well as bugfixes and other QoL tweaks).

It could even just be the announcement for another Devstream. You know, for asking questions.

I agree the delays suck, I'm as hungry for cool new stuff as the next guy. The delays could mean anything though: quest revisions, squashing bugs, system refinements or (as Steve has shown from past tweets) visual improvements to Warframe. The only thing that's the real question is, will the wait be worth it?

I hope so.

2 hours ago, PrVonTuckIII said:

Yeah, October 3rd. It's on the RT Twitter page.

That's off-topic, though. Hopefully War Within is soon. I can only maintain my patience so long.

Ah, I don't check twitter so good to know.

Hehe. We're all hoping. I'm content to search for ayatan until it does, but yeah. Definitely hoping.

I have a question for the next devstream.  It was recently "leaked" by several credible sources that Destiny 2 will be released on PC with totally revamped content, a different graphics engine, and expanded gameplay (which may mean it's a total reboot rather than a sequel but that's a different topic.)  With this direct challenge to Warframe does DE have similar updates planned?  While update 18.5 made major improvements and The War Within promises more story and content, the game is three years old and compared to newer titles the graphics and gameplay engine are starting to show their age.

Didn't PC just get an update with syndicate weapons and treasures? Console has to wait even longer for that S#&$ y'know. Being SOON is one thing but being AFTER SOON is real suffering. I knew the entire plot of the second dream before even playing it.

Also what's with this Destiny is their direct rival stuff? Destiny is Halo but puppeted by Activision instead of Microsoft. They have better Raids? Scoff. When I played, people wanted nothing more than to cheese it just to get the rewards or murderdeathkill the boss as fast as possible and if they didn't, they'd waste 7 minutes for the heavy ammo to reset so you could g-horn spam. They added microtransactions despite being a pay2play game. Every $20 dlc barely adds anything. If you thought Warframe was lacking content you didn't pay $20 just to find that out.

It's just like the Battlefield/Cod debate. At the end of the day they're still two different games. Also Destiny 2 will burn out after 2 years and will abandon it while Warframe will still be Warframe ten years from now. Not even debatable.

Destiny cannot be compared to Warframe.

Why?
Warframe is free. For Ninjas. That means all of us.

Destiny has now got 5 paywalls and counting for less content than Warframe, and has less frequent updates than Warframe.

Oh, and the lore can be figured out from in the game, and you can move your ship in the loading screen. Destiny can't do that, and cannot deliver the raw emotion that comes with the Second Dream.

Spoiler

Onto the topic of a war amidst our own ranks, anticipation marks this week as the week the War becomes public knowledge.

The War Within.

The community is guessing it's this (or next) week. Deploying it sooner than next week, by whatever means necessary, will be a feat.

17 hours ago, Malak-al-Maut said:

I have a question for the next devstream.  It was recently "leaked" by several credible sources that Destiny 2 will be released on PC with totally revamped content, a different graphics engine, and expanded gameplay (which may mean it's a total reboot rather than a sequel but that's a different topic.)  With this direct challenge to Warframe does DE have similar updates planned?  While update 18.5 made major improvements and The War Within promises more story and content, the game is three years old and compared to newer titles the graphics and gameplay engine are starting to show their age.

warframe will never die!