The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should Prime accessories be sold via Vold trader?

(PSN)Reverberatus

I don't know. On one hand, I have Frost Primes icon from before U17 that did not cost me real money. It isn't a Misa Prime or anything, but it's still a prime cosmetic. I don't see an issue with making them absurdly high prices from somewhere (not baro). the point of the game is pay to get fast. Prime cosmetics are DEs source of money, and we already get ripped off with the vaulting that shouldn't need to happen.

On 10/1/2016 at 4:49 AM, (PS4)RandomCliches said:

Prime accessories such as Targis prime armor are some of the best looking cosmetics in the game but is locked behind the prime vault,

It's unfair for the people who missed out on these items. ( whatever their reason might be )

Anyways, should Prime accessories ( vaulted or not ) be sold via Void trader?

Nah, it'd be too much salt if DE did that.  From players and devs.

2 hours ago, MarrikBroom said:

DE is a company, and a such needs to make money because how else do you pay staff and justify continued existence? I am no economics or business student so maybe this approach of limited time gate works and a few Whales ... more than offset the slower trickle of little here and there that everyone else put together could give.

Generally, that is how it works with F2P games. They target the players with the largest amounts of disposable income, because a few large cash infusions generally amount to a larger inflow of cash. Whales will buy in bulk, and trickle-buyers will do their thing.

Besides, there's always empirical evidence: They've been using this formula for several years without changing, and the dev team seems to have upsized somewhat, so we can assume that this model works.

Sincerely, a whale.

While i'd personally like that and we all know prime access/accessories packs are expensive because you're buying discounted plat in a large number it would still upset too many people who spent the money on it.  I think no one would complain if they moved all the prime accessories to his store and sold them for plat tho.  it would be the same situation except the prime vault would be gone which is something we all want gone.

Don't think DE would go for it though since those packs are their primary source of income.

On October 1, 2016 at 4:55 AM, SilvaDreams said:

Nope, because they will return.

I know people who refuse to spend a cent on the game will be all for this but Prime Accessories are one of very few money locked items that are exclusives.

This.  Trust me when I say there are Prime Accessories that I REALLY WANT from the past that are vaulted for frames I already have.

I even lobbied for reselling unvaulted accessories without boosters and the frames at a lower price point.

But you need to understand their importance in terms of revenue and the overall health of the game.

Events like TSD and TWW are setting records on STEAM years later.

It's no accident that this holiday season they are unvaulting Ember and Frost along with Valkyr Prime Access and a current accessories pack that has a first-time exclusive prime Operator skin and prime Liset skin.

Also, and let me really stress this:

THE 90 DAY BOOSTERS THAT COME WITH THE ACCESSORIES GIVE YOU THE WARFRAME GAMING EXPERIENCE DE WANTS ALL PLAYERS TO HAVE.

The flow of the game is wonderful with them equipped; smooth and utterly enjoyable. Alas, in a F2P business model, voluntary revenues (think of it like an annuity/subscription business, but by choice) are a necessity and locking ideal, accessories-boosted gameplay behind a revenue wall with exclusive cosmetics fulfills that need.