Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, Nitain...

Imaru

Question

I know that there are a minimum of four alerts for Nitain per day, but is there any way to get more than there are alerts for it? I have heard that it drops in sabotage missions, but one at a time when I need in excess of 10 isn't really a good way for me to get it in a timely manner. I also am in class most of the day, so are there any other ways to get my hands on it or do I just need to hope for the best?

15 answers to this question

35 minutes ago, Imaru said:

I have heard that it drops in sabotage missions, but one at a time when I need in excess of 10 isn't really a good way for me to get it in a timely manner.

Well the thing about Nitain required items is there is no real reason to make them quickly other than you want it.  Doing alerts will eventually get you enough Nitain for whatever you need it for.  Considering Alertium is the only resource that really is scarce and in demand is kinda sad.  Everything else can be obtained quickly and easily from a few farming sessions.

Anyway, unfortunately for new players and those without a lot of time to play, Nitain does precisely what it seems to be intended to do.  I don't really see it being more readily available any time soon.

I rather wish all alert rewards would get an upgrade, such as dropping 1 - 3 rare resources depending on mission type and level and so on.  This would include nitain if it ever happened.

10 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

Well the thing about Nitain required items is there is no real reason to make them quickly other than you want it.  Doing alerts will eventually get you enough Nitain for whatever you need it for.  Considering Alertium is the only resource that really is scarce and in demand is kinda sad.  Everything else can be obtained quickly and easily from a few farming sessions.

Anyway, unfortunately for new players and those without a lot of time to play, Nitain does precisely what it seems to be intended to do.  I don't really see it being more readily available any time soon.

I rather wish all alert rewards would get an upgrade, such as dropping 1 - 3 rare resources depending on mission type and level and so on.  This would include nitain if it ever happened.

Well, the reason I want it is so I can craft Vauban Prime and the Amesha and have them ranked up before TWW drops so I can focus (HA!) on the new stuff that the update brings with it. There's no real rush for me, but I'd prefer to have it done sooner rather than later. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

No, only Sabotage 2.0 as @NyxCrabstated, which are only on Grineer Galleon and Corpus ship.

I can confirm Nitain drops from Void sabotage as well as reactor sabotage.  Anecdotally, it seems to be about a 1% drop chance in both cases.  You'll get way more Nitain from the alerts that pop up while you're busy grinding sabotage.

Just dont rush it.
it will only frustrate you.

But I wish im not missing those nitain extract just because i am not on my console when the alert is up. Most people have work or school to actually find those items. probably make the time of alert longer ( if not let it last until the next extract if alert is not done. )

so i will always have smile when i log in :D

Fastest way I found was to just follow the alerts account on twitter, that way even if you are a busy man you get notified and can still catch the Nitain alerts that occur during breakfast, lunch, hurry home to catch the last 5 min of one after the end of your day etc.

20 hours ago, Buff00n said:

I can confirm Nitain drops from Void sabotage as well as reactor sabotage. 

And I'll add that I have gotten a xiphos part from void sabotage this week.  Something I thought I'd never see because I don't especially like the ship sabotage missions so I don't play them much, if at all.