Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The NItain Extract Problem

DTest

i also agree with you but not being able to be online most of the time have its downside. even i wished that there are nitain in the market. but that is how the system is.

about nitain actually you dont have to be online waiting for it. there are some apps that can alert you for it. the warframe app lets you check it. it has 45 or an hour duration. i also read that they even have a twitter dedicated for it.

check the mobile app for nitain at least every hour to see if nitain is up. login for 10minutes to do the alert and logout and do what you have to do irl.

i tried to clock it they said it is 5x a day and there are 24 hours a day so that is around every 4 hours? not 100% sure though.sometimes it is random.

On 4/10/2016 at 7:31 PM, DTest said:

this may get a bit ranty so bear with me but i feel like i am not the only one who has issue with how this works. Nitain Extract is a resource that is only available every 4 hours, is untradeable, unable to be bought on the marketplace, and though is dropped in sabotage missions, the drop rate is impossibly low. the issue that i have with all this is for casual players, the players who can only devote maybe an hour or 2 a day. at first it really wasn't a problem cause not alot used nitain in its blueprints but recently i have been seeing it more and more, specifically things like primes which is where the issue lies. for someone with a  work schedule like mine, i don't have the time to sit around for 4 hours to wait for one of these alerts to pop only to receive one at a time. this is slows the game to a halt for me in certain areas. i have a bunch of things in my foundry i would love to build but no nitain to start the process. i am sitting on saryn prime's last piece which i would LOVE to build and use but i can't get this frame because my schedule doesn't allow for it.

this saddens me that the devs would but in a now increasingly important resource with very prohibitive and restrictive conditions to obtain. atleast stick it in the marketplace so players like me can just spend the money if need be to build the things we want to build rather than hoping when you log in that the window for the alert is there while you are. i feel like a chunk of the game is now closed off to me and other players because of this and is honestly turning me away with each new blueprint i see using the extract. i was wondering if devs are even looking at this as a potential problem, because it is something that really needs addressing

Oh, hi there, yet another 'Nitain Extract' thread.

Nitain Extract is nothing more than an artificial timewall to stop Vets from instantly getting everything and having them work for it a bit. Kinda like Argon, with the exception that you can't even stockpile Argon because it degrades. Is it annoying? Yes. Will it change? Nope.

Not to say you don't have a valid point, but the way you word it is the exact same way others have been complaining about 'not getting login rewards because they didn't have the time to log in' or who want to 'pay for Login rewards'.

Look, best thing you can hope for is for the Nexus App to do something about it. In the meantime, use deathsnacks's page to know when a NItain's up.

1 hour ago, Lyravain said:

Oh, hi there, yet another 'Nitain Extract' thread.

Nitain Extract is nothing more than an artificial timewall to stop Vets from instantly getting everything and having them work for it a bit. Kinda like Argon, with the exception that you can't even stockpile Argon because it degrades. Is it annoying? Yes. Will it change? Nope.

Not to say you don't have a valid point, but the way you word it is the exact same way others have been complaining about 'not getting login rewards because they didn't have the time to log in' or who want to 'pay for Login rewards'.

Look, best thing you can hope for is for the Nexus App to do something about it. In the meantime, use deathsnacks's page to know when a NItain's up.

Would it kill the game to have nitain invasions, or have the alerts last for two hours rather than 30 minutes? Either of those things would drastically increase the chance of getting it for those of us with restricted playtime windows.

Me? I'm at my computer 75% of the time I'm at home, which is a lot. But, I'm also a full-time college student. Of that 60% on my main, I can afford maybe an hour at the end of my study/writing session. I can acquire 90% of all content in this game at my leisure, unhindered by pointless RNG based alerts. Nitain would be fine, if it weren't for the quantity needed, which is enormous, let alone if your clan requires contributions for research. Argon is used a bit, and it (was) rare, but you could grind for it nearly any time you please. Still can. That is not so with nitain. It's not necessarily the time wall that is frustrating, it is the randomness of said timewall that is.

Edited by BulletsforTeeth

I forget who did the math, but supposing you log in just once a day for your daily log in reward, you have a pretty much guaranteed chance to grab at least one Nitain per week. Those chances increase the more you play.

Increase the chance in sabotage caches? Sure. Whatever. No problems there.

Calling this a "problem" is a bit misguided.

1 hour ago, Chipputer said:

I forget who did the math, but supposing you log in just once a day for your daily log in reward, you have a pretty much guaranteed chance to grab at least one Nitain per week. Those chances increase the more you play.

Probably me.

Logging in and immediately checking alerts on the Navigation console once a day and logging out if you don't see a Nitain Extract alert will get you an average of 1 Nitain Extract a week.

Logging in and playing for one hour every day and logging out after that one hour if you don't see a Nitain Extract alert will get you an average of 2 Nitain Extract a week.

As a general rule of thumb, adding one hour of logged in time each day adds an average of 1 additional Nitain Extract per week.

On 10/10/2016 at 9:44 AM, (PS4)wildcats1369my said:

i tried to clock it they said it is 5x a day and there are 24 hours a day so that is around every 4 hours? not 100% sure though.sometimes it is random.

Nitain Extract alerts always have a space of 4 to 6 hours between them (start-to-start), no more, no less (give or take a few minutes). You can narrow down the appearance of a Nitain Extract alert to a 2-hour window simply by looking at the start time of the previous alert.

9 minutes ago, alexmach1 said:

Oh i'm sorry i forgot that since its a free game I can't point out its flaws or give criticism in the hopes that it becomes a better game

my bad

No need for the sarcasm. A free to play game require either your time or your money. If you don't have enough playtime and are only able to get 1 Nitain a week, then I don't see a problem in spending the money to get it. If you don't want to spend money, then put in more playtime. A more constructive feedback/criticism would have been a way to guarantee you get a Nitain and not be dependent on RNG. For examples: 1) Daily rewards, 2) Weekly rewards, 3) Drop from Assassins, etc. 

I must look in my inventory but I think I have around 30+ now.I do Nitain alerts whenever I see it and I never lacked it.Back in the day Vauban P depleted my inventory that's for sure but I had enough and filled it again later.I do this alerts casually so I don't see what's the problem if you play Warframe regularly.

3 hours ago, Inarticulate said:

Nitain Extract alerts always have a space of 4 to 6 hours between them (start-to-start), no more, no less (give or take a few minutes). You can narrow down the appearance of a Nitain Extract alert to a 2-hour window simply by looking at the start time of the previous alert.

While this is accurate, you will find that the actual time these Nitain alerts start up is about the same time of day (usually there is about a variance of about an hour on that time only), they just don't move around the clock much at all (observation from experience).  

However if you always play at the same times every day, it will mean you can constantly miss that 40-70 minute window the alert shows up in, or constantly see the alert up every day.

What Nitain needs to be is a 5 hr alert that refreshes every 5 hours.  DE is fine with players able to gain 3-4 per day (due to a guaranteed 4 alerts per day), why not let all players have that option which the 5 hour alert would give, while the nature of alerts will only let players do the mission once in that block of time.
Why 5 hours, you ask? because that guarantees the refresh time on alerts to constantly change, thus enabling the refresh time to move around so all players get a chance to catch a refresh time overlap (given most people tend to play the same time of day).

Edited by Loswaith

9 hours ago, Carnage2K4 said:

Exept that it's not trivial if you can only get maybe 1-3 nitian a week and you need 20 for Vauban P.

/sigh

That's why you do them when they're up so when things like VaubonP come along you have, like, you know, large quantities nitain ready to go.

7Ps. Mind the 7Ps...

13 hours ago, Chipputer said:

Increase the chance in sabotage caches? Sure. Whatever. No problems there.

Calling this a "problem" is a bit misguided.

Oh sure, 1 nitain a week. Vauban Prime only needs 20 nitain, so that's 20 weeks, so if you play casually you can get your shiny Vauban in only 5 months!!

NOT A PROBLEM, GUYS.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)wildcats1369my said:

argon deteriorate in 24hrs right?

All new argon is safe for 24 hrs. After that, every 24 hours, your unprotected argon cuts in half rounded up? (might be rounded down actually), cept when you have 1. I think. Either way, yeah it decays.

Edited by Skaleek

4 hours ago, Cheridan said:

Oh sure, 1 nitain a week. Vauban Prime only needs 20 nitain, so that's 20 weeks, so if you play casually you can get your shiny Vauban in only 5 months!!

NOT A PROBLEM, GUYS.

If you get one nitain a week you dont really want vauban P bad enough.

17 hours ago, (PS4)A_SimpleName said:

No need for the sarcasm. A free to play game require either your time or your money. If you don't have enough playtime and are only able to get 1 Nitain a week, then I don't see a problem in spending the money to get it.

You can't pay for Nitain. It's neither tradeable nor possible to buy from the marktet. If it was, the problem OP raised would be null and void and I would agree with you (farm prime part -> sell -> buy nitain), alas it is not. 

19 hours ago, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

They need to just introduce daily quests with rare resources as rewards (e.g. Tel., Oxi., Nit.)

5-6 alerts during the day, and then there's reactor sabotage cache rewards. If you're unable to do any of those alerts/missions then that's on you. Can't have it both ways ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Numerikuu

5 hours ago, Cheridan said:

If by "casually", you mean "not at all", then yes. As I already mentioned, logging in once per day and logging out immediately if you don't see an active Nitain Extract alert gets you an average of 1 Nitain Extract per week. You really can't call logging in and logging out immediately "playing casually".

Playing for one hour every day increases your average Nitain Extract income to 2 Nitain Extract per week. Playing for two hours every day increases your average to 3 Nitain Extract per week. This can be considered casual, and will give you about 2 months to complete Vauban Prime, which I believe to be entirely reasonable (using the fact that Prime Access lasts for roughly 3 months as a benchmark).

13 hours ago, Loswaith said:

While this is accurate, you will find that the actual time these Nitain alerts start up is about the same time of day (usually there is about a variance of about an hour on that time only), they just don't move around the clock much at all (observation from experience).  

How much of this is anecdotal experience (which is prone to many cognitive biases)? Can you back this up with actual numbers from the past one or two months? I'm not sure if you can go back quite that far back on the WarframeAlerts Twitter, but actual data to verify or refute this claim does exist.

1 hour ago, Skaleek said:

If you get one nitain a week you dont really want vauban P bad enough.

Or, yanno, you like living moreso. I want VauP quite a bit, but I realise I can't afford more than an hour a day. Which always has to come after studies otherwise it fucks me over and I can't focus. Real life always has priority.