Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Vacuum Within 

[DE]Megan

17 minutes ago, LegitBeastin said:

So is Ammo Case more or less effective than a Primed Ammo Mutation or do their conversion rates stack? 

It's the equivalent of rank 3 ammo mutation and ammo max from what I can see, and they do stack.

On the subject, though, between that, Carrier P's overall tankiness, and Sweeper being deceptively strong in its recommended range, I've got what I need. Carrier still does its job with no janky gimmicks needed.

Edited by lunaticFortune

Why? Why you guys so hard.

First you say never, now you just nerf my vacuum.

Why just don't do simple things:

1. FREE VACUUM FOR FRAME. That is all. Just do what you already do for Archwing. In regular game we need the same. I wanna use doggy. I don't wanna care about my sentinel life. This is not a modification. This is how regular game must work.

2. LEAVE OLD VACUUM. There is no reason to remove it. I love it, i play with em literally years. We have Reach for melee, do Reach for carrier, or every sentinel if u wish. Why not? This is not mandatory for anybody, just an option for true lovers of looting.

3. Do what ever you want new. Mods for carry ammo, mods for carry energy orbs, mods for every other think you they can be. Just don't remove thing i accustomed to using and add think what every other loot-based game have by design.

I dont like this update...  (old 12 meters, now 6 meters.....)

I think this update is good... but carrier kill kavat smeeta bonus infinite ammo... If you use carrier I think y the best (carrier = unlimite ammo)

Good update =

Carrier = + bonus damage with impact damage weapon + 12 meters recolection

death cube = + bonus damage with penetration damage weapons + 12 meters recolection

wyrm = + bonus damage with explosion damage weapons + 12 meter recolection

All have vacuumed but carrier is the best now again, it send me more ammo, another no!...

Sorry for my english...

1 minute ago, -JT-_-R3W1ND said:

Why? Why you guys so hard.

First you say never, now you just nerf my vacuum.

Why just don't do simple things:

1. FREE VACUUM FOR FRAME. That is all. Just do what you already do for Archwing. In regular game we need the same. I wanna use doggy. I don't wanna care about my sentinel life. This is not a modification. This is how regular game must work.

2. LEAVE OLD VACUUM. There is no reason to remove it. I love it, i play with em literally years. We have Reach for melee, do Reach for carrier, or every sentinel if u wish. Why not? This is not mandatory for anybody, just an option for true lovers of looting.

3. Do what ever you want new. Mods for carry ammo, mods for carry energy orbs, mods for every other think you they can be. Just don't remove thing i accustomed to using and add think what every other loot-based game have by design.

no they have to destroy somethig completely ^^

41 minutes ago, Lucidity_XD said:

Hey, I just wanted to point out that everyone who is saying it's a 50% reduction are not necessarily correct. It's by much more.

The volume of a sphere is calculated as 

V = 4/3(pi)r^3

A 12m radius means it would have a volume of roughly 7238 cubic meters.

A 6m radius means it would have a volume of roughly 905 cubic meters.

And if you didn't care about volume as most of Warframe gameplay isn't vertical but on a flat plane, then the area of a circle is calculated as

A = (pi)r^2

A 12m radius means an area of 452 square meters.

A 6m radius means an area of 113 square meters.

tl;dr

The nerf to range isn't by 50%, it's by much much more. As easier way to think about it is, a 6" pizza is not half the size of a 12" pizza.

Yes, or the easy way:

the radius (r) gets from 12 to 6, that is 1/2.

So the new smaller sphere volume is (1/2)^3 = 1/8 of the original volume.

In a 2D plane, that would be (1/2)^2 = 1/4 of the area.

But if sphere old had a volume of 1600 and sphere new had half the radius, then it would have a volume of 200.

Now what  you are missing out in the new sphere is the part between the big and the small sphere: 1400 in this example.

That is 7/8 of the old sphere: 87,5% pick-ups. THEORETICAL

But I doubt you are missing out on half of them beneath you and also you are not standing still all the time little grasshopper :D 

Funny, i never saw the point in using any of the other sentinels anyway and that's not going to change with this update either. The only difference now is that my carrier is effectively S#&$ and doesn't live up to its name anymore.

Where's WW?

Edited by Senakariel

Sadly all this update did for me was taking out Carriers Ammo mutation Mod and slotting Coolant leak back in... (except when i run with an ammo hungry weapon which is not very often).

I then took a closer look at the other sentinels and was reminded that they offer no worthwhile utility for the crippling hp/armor losses compared to the carrier prime overlord and was very sad. :-(

So all in all it was basically a more than 75% nerf to vacuums pickupsphere in exchange for coolant leak. Yay! good job DE /sarcasm

Ps: also holy S#&$ a machete! which ain't much better then the infamous wraith that synergizes with a sentinel (with less hp/armor than carrier prime) that draws aggro!! and kills itself in anything but baby-levels in seconds!!! I got a feeling that we have new mastery-fodder on our hands. The only way that this is gonna fly is if the synergy turns Djinns attacks into tactical nukes which i doubt very much. Although I can appreciate the sentiment to try something new.

Edited by Zharun
ps

Need rework sentinel habilities, carrier / carrier prime only for codex now, Ammo case ? piece of junk...

Want to please the players in relation to sentinels? first reworking the skills of all sentries to be really useful, not banish the skill of the single sentinel really useful.

Ammo case for sentinel looter ? really this ? nosense...

Vacuum with all sentinels good idea, but remove mod vacuum... horrible idea, it would be better to create a mod vacuum extension to carrier, it would be much better

Why the nerf to the radius? It's just worse like this, picking up stuff is NOT a fun thing. At least not in a fast paced game like this. In my opinion, everything should be automated, with the exception of rare drops (to get that satisfaction I guess, personally I'd rather have loot automated but I know I'm almost alone on this one, because I play for fun and not for loot). I know that's extreme, but even if you don't consider that at all, nerfing the radius just makes no sense.

This update makes 0 sense.

What is the point of nerfing the pickup radius of a carrier?

What was wrong with it that it needed to be changed?

This is one of those times where you shoot yourself in the foot.

Don't do that.

9 hours ago, War-Zone said:

I just can't understand DE's logic with the vacuum nerf. The range is so short there's almost no point in having it. 80% of players used the carrier for a reason and DE's answer is to cut the range in half for everyone?

The clear answer the community was looking for was to just add the carriers vacuum ability to all pets as is not at half range. This is adding yet another penalty for penalties sake. Seriously, what is DE's problem with players picking up loot with the vacuum? Did it somehow become taboo or something?

Was it such a horrible request by the community? or was it's popularity just screaming for a nerf to DE's ears? This just feels like they said "okay we'll add the vacuum to all sentinels for you, but you're going to pay for it". All this just so we can use the other useless sentinels like the Djinn?

I know they said they will be watching our feedback and will adjust accordingly or whatever but we have quite a few systems in the game that just sit there untouched, waiting for an update. This will probably be another one.

It really is mind-boggling isn't it? the stubbornness and refusal to fix the problem when an easy and effective solution is available.