The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The War Within, What if...it was all archwing?

LuckyCharm

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Tactless_Ninja said:

Got a chuckle outta me......but not far enough.

Umbra is actually the code word for the newest underwater only archwing and is also a series of scannable plants that only appear during a short time window in the middle of the night that move while you're trying to scan em and each scan is RNG-based. Fite meh.

That can only be seen while actually looking through the scanner else they're invisible? You mean the ones usually near those grineer with the archwing flamethrowers?

Just now, LuckyCharm said:

That can only be seen while actually looking through the scanner else they're invisible? You mean the ones usually near those grineer with the archwing flamethrowers?

Yeah the same room filled with Grineer Commanders and wall to wall rollers pouring endlessly out of the walls you need to shoot simultaneously with 3 other people. And the night at the Roxbury shield guys. :p

Hopefully we will awake from terrible dream, where we were controlled by some genderless teenager made as our image, then will take off our warframe exosuit and will be forced to go outside our destroyed Orbiter which just crashed on some snowy planet ;)

1 minute ago, (PS4)Tactless_Ninja said:

Yeah the same room filled with Grineer Commanders and wall to wall rollers pouring endlessly out of the walls you need to shoot simultaneously with 3 other people. And the night at the Roxbury shield guys. :p

With Commanders and Scorpions spamming their teleports and harpoons.

the war within...my stomac

hehe get it? cuz archwing make you...ok ill shut up...

but you know i used to like archwing, i thought the full free camera would be cool, but oh boy i was wrong, now it gives me motion sickness even when im very resistant to motion sickness, you know something is terribly wrong when playing SWTOR space combat gives you no motion sickness at all but archwing makes you loss your breakfast

DE should revert one version of archwing movement so it can be playable again....

or give us more control over the movement, take for example SWTOR movement for the fighters or zone of the enders

Edited by Toppien

Or they could force us into all those other unloved gamemodes... such as PvP. (I mean..to be fair.. you already mentioned Lunaro)

I hope they don't do that. And I hope they know that this would cause a lot of anger.

Personally I don't mind archwing so much tho.

2 hours ago, LuckyCharm said:

Okay, so we know there's going to be a new tileset, and it's going to be ground based from what we've seen. But with all the recent archwing work.. and given it was supposed to be part of TWW originally... Its a scary thought but what if you needed to do archwing missions...?!

I know i'd be ready since amesha is OP, but I haven't seen anything saying there won't be archwing based.... And they have a whoooole extra month now to prepare all these shiny new archwing enemies. The grineer queens could even be a boss battle archwing style. 

Or worse...

With all the work being put into it... Lunaro matches against the queens for a boss battle. 

It will involve Archwing yes. Though it will be more like an expansion of Sharkwing, so you can alternate between AW and ground combat or something like that.

2 hours ago, LuckyCharm said:

What if the "features" DE said they were bringing in were actually evolving game modes? I could get behind that... Say.. blow a window ope, you get blasted outside and have to re-enter the ship via archwing. Or Hack a terminal and find out theres a rescue hostage or something on board

The problem with that idea (which I like! It's a great idea) is the community. You gotta remember, there's a large, and very vocal, contingent of the player community who absolutely despise any idea of unpredictability in Warframe. You're talking to people who really do want Warframe to be a slot machine where the only unpredictable factor is whether this pull of the lever is a lucky one or not.

EDIT: To elaborate on that, because I feel it should be unpacked a little.
If you propose making missions unpredictable, with shifting objectives and the real possibility of having to extract in a hurry,
if you suggest having surprise squads of mini-bosses there to ambush you and kick your arse,
if you suggest the faint possibility of going in thinking it's a Spy mission and having it turn into a pitched battle Crossfire mission all of a sudden,
if you suggest adding challenge to the game through means that have nothing to do with making enemy armour thicker, people respond the same way.

"But what about my farm?" I dunno, guys. Are you playing a space ninja shooter, or do you genuinely want Warframe to be a farming simulator?

Edited by BornWithTeeth

7 hours ago, BornWithTeeth said:

The problem with that idea (which I like! It's a great idea) is the community. You gotta remember, there's a large, and very vocal, contingent of the player community who absolutely despise any idea of unpredictability in Warframe. You're talking to people who really do want Warframe to be a slot machine where the only unpredictable factor is whether this pull of the lever is a lucky one or not.

EDIT: To elaborate on that, because I feel it should be unpacked a little.
If you propose making missions unpredictable, with shifting objectives and the real possibility of having to extract in a hurry,
if you suggest having surprise squads of mini-bosses there to ambush you and kick your arse,
if you suggest the faint possibility of going in thinking it's a Spy mission and having it turn into a pitched battle Crossfire mission all of a sudden,
if you suggest adding challenge to the game through means that have nothing to do with making enemy armour thicker, people respond the same way.

"But what about my farm?" I dunno, guys. Are you playing a space ninja shooter, or do you genuinely want Warframe to be a farming simulator?

Haha oh man, so true. I can just imagine the flames when people's Fissures turn from Capture, to Survival. Personally I'd love it since it would be random and fun. 

More miniboss death squads? I'd love that. Currently the syndicates all get killed so quickly other than those annoying ospreys i think suda send after me. Just imagine for a minute though, if there was an assassinate that you could only get via random mission extension. I'd love it, even if it didn't drop much

11 hours ago, morningstar999 said:

since they "improved" (aka destroyed) ark-wing I can hardly play it still -if the war within has A mission of it I have no issues -but  if it was like whole thing I am totally out, and I mean out -out, screw the 2000 hours i have in the game I would be 100% done. 

on the plus side DE are not that DUMB 

though sometimes they come close.

food for thought: what if the big change is -our lisets get weapons and we have amazing space ship battles?! 

Everspace in warframe yes pls ^-^

12 hours ago, LoreKeeper-Ronan- said:

Still waiting on that Archwing Survival Though!

Personally I'd love to see an Archwing Excavation, similar to [DE]Steve's initial idea(s) for Archwing.

I always thought how super fun it would be to extract minerals from an asteroid belt via Grineer asteroid tileset. Especially since Excavation is my second favourite mission type lol.

Hell even if little drillers won't work, just use that giant bulk of a ship and let it fly around & drill 'em all up haha!~

But still c;

Edited by HalfDarkShadow