Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Vacuum Within: Universal Vacuum Feedback

Racter

The patch did make Carrier useless for me, with its' new precept. I'm a melee player, so.. yeah.

I think, the better solution would be to give innate sucking Vacuum to both Sentinels, Kubrows and Kavats, keeping it at those 6m range, and keep the original vacuuming range for Carrier only. Those, who want to keep the longer range can stick with Carrier, and for those where it's not such a big deal (ie they don't mind picking up their loot manually as much), use anything else, more to their liking. This hurts no-one and offers the variety, thus a better solution if you ask me.

2 minutes ago, Magneu said:

If you're quitting because loot is slightly harder to pick up, I'm afraid you may have never been actually playing at all.

Personally, it's not about getting MOAR LOOT.

It's about QoL and how D.E fails to communicate with its player base.

Edited by NativeKiller

6 minutes ago, armedpoop said:

People coptered even in the beta days. It was removed in favour of bullet jumps which were meant to emulate the speed of coptering anyway. This point is invalid no matter how you look at it. Warframe may not have been designed with going fast in mind, but people always have, once they learned how to do it.

Welp I wasn't there in the beta and was only going by what I seen in that specific video so if it was always there then I suppose I can't argue otherwise. Still these changes are taking place that are steering how we play the game. Eventually new players will come into the game with no knowledge of these nerfs and it will be like original vacuum never existed to them.

4 minutes ago, NativeKiller said:

PRO-Vacuum nerf Tennos: "I don't mind the Vacuum nerf myself, so I rejoice at the pain of Vacuum users."

Very classy, people.

They will look at the results screen with tears in their eyes and remember how they did not have to settle for slightly less than optimal alloy plate in their inventory. :sadcry: 90,000,000 is simply not enough. 

5 minutes ago, ObviousLee said:

it's a fantastic universal buff to all sentinels, and carrier received a sidegrade that negates the need for mutation mods. again, 6m. is. fine.

I've been playtesting in several game modes, with several sentinels and it's fine. you just have to move around slightly more and if that's an issue for you, then online ninja games might not be your thing.

18 feet is a fine distance. and with 202 million affinity and 99% use on carrier, if I can be fine with it, so can anyone else.

18 feet is one thing and 12 feet is another  and 6 feet is another  plus we're talking spherical radiuses so that is a bigger nerf than it actually sounds like 

if i have to pause between kills  then this is not a fast paced action ninja game 

24 minutes ago, slamdanked said:

89% of people used Carrier purely for Vacuum, now that all the sentinels have vacuum, I have far more freedom with no drawback of using a mod slot for the precept.
And you have to walk a step[ or two closer to the loot to pick it up now? That is NOT a big deal? The reason they didn't like Vacuum was because it stopped people using other sentinels, and stopped players being attentive to their environment, as they learn to be in earlier levels where they have to walk over loot to pick it up.
Only reason you'd have a lower pickup count in a mission is if you're too lazy to see a loot drop and walk near it, in which case, suck it up because it's your fault you aren't getting the loot.  

You have more freedom to choose amongst worse overall choices. Would you choose 12.5m carrier over 6m Helios? or any other sentinel? If you would they you have more choices but ANY choices you do make is worse that what you had. That is the illusion of freedom and choice. That is DE removing choices until you make the ones they want you to.

A step or two closer? 88% of the vacuum area is gone. You now have to stop doing space ninja parkour fun battling to walk over and pick up loot that shouldn't be there in the first place.

Who cares if people don't use other sentinels? If you created 1 fun thing and 4 less fun things you don't get rid of the fun thing so the less fun things get used. A game's primary motive is fun. Nobody pays for less fun choices. if 89% used carrier just get rid of the other sentinels, you found the only one people want...... Why is it a good thing to force players to use content they have overwhelmingly chosen not to use?

7 minutes ago, ObviousLee said:

it's a fantastic universal buff to all sentinels, and carrier received a sidegrade that negates the need for mutation mods. again, 6m. is. fine.

I've been playtesting in several game modes, with several sentinels and it's fine. you just have to move around slightly more and if that's an issue for you, then online ninja games might not be your thing.

18 feet is a fine distance. and with 202 million affinity and 99% use on carrier, if I can be fine with it, so can anyone else.

I'm absolutely not fine with it, because I play the game at a speed which '6m' vacuum can't keep up with.

The previous version of vacuum was sufficient. This one is not. For me, it isn't a question of easy. It's a question of the game not being able to keep up with me anymore.

1 minute ago, Retepzednem said:

18 feet is one thing and 12 feet is another  and 6 feet is another  plus we're talking spherical radiuses so that is a bigger nerf than it actually sounds like 

if i have to pause between kills  then this is not a fast paced action ninja game 

you realize that 6 meters, is 18 feet. right?

4 minutes ago, TimSin-EGT- said:

Chesa would need a new ability yes. Like Carrier also got a new one.

Which of your concerns didn't get adressed?

Coding nightmare because companions move around? => No coding nightmare because loot is sucked to warframe, not much different than carrier.

People might tend to use companions over sentinels? => Why would they do? How is that bad? (Loot sucking is for all the same now, which is good in my oppinion)

You can't revive a sentinel mate they can literally only respawn once with a mod, unless you want to personally want to waste your own revives to bring it back only to have the thing get dusted again (and this doesn't work in sorties unless they changed it back). The sentinels don't actually have a whole lot going for them. Meanwhile Sasha for example can actually generate ammo, credits, health and energy orbs. Then you have smeeta which had that loot multiplier nerfed for a very good reason because that kitty was, and still is, loaded as hek. These companions also have better scaling due to their mods scaling with war frames, not to mention Kavats can completely shred the entirety of an enemy's armor with a single strike regardless of level from a mod. I could go on but the sentinels are actually pretty meager in comparison. And no your mod does not address this particular issue

Just now, notlamprey said:

I'm absolutely not fine with it, because I play the game at a speed which '6m' vacuum can't keep up with.

The previous version of vacuum was sufficient. This one is not. For me, it isn't a question of easy. It's a question of the game not being able to keep up with me anymore.

Then i hope you enjoy running out of things to do, because that is exactly what happens with people that rush the game content.

15 minutes ago, Retepzednem said:

we have to move and kill stuff for loot to drop in the first place

Since when did you have to move to make loot drop again? Clearly you never once heard about Draco, did you?

1 minute ago, notlamprey said:

my zephyr is one of the fastest frames in the game, and i have no issue whatsoever with the new changes. adapt, or fall into decay. but don't complain about a universal buff to sentinels and a decent buff to carrier.

50 minutes ago, DeMeritus said:

Working as intended.

You don't honestly think DE would make this change lightly without thoroughly playtesting it, do you?

DO YOU?

wouldnt be the 10th time they released half ar  zed content

I like this update. I can now put sculptures in my operator room.
I like this update. Now my carrier can compensate for my crap aim.
I like this update. Soon I will have enough Vaya sculptures to fill the walkway to my operator.
I like this update. africa

Just now, hazerddex said:

your only saying that because vaccum exists 

No, you don't get it.

I would have played the game for awhile and said "What the hek is wrong with the looting system?" and up and quit.

Don't presume to know how I think and live my life, fellow Tenno.

Just now, ObviousLee said:

my zephyr is one of the fastest frames in the game, and i have no issue whatsoever with the new changes. adapt, or fall into decay. but don't complain about a universal buff to sentinels and a decent buff to carrier.

I'm just giving feedback, and that feedback happens to be negative.

My happy place is 1.60+ sprint speed, and we'd be derailing to discuss the relative merits of 'chosen playstyle.' I'm simply saying that it really does feel like suddenly I'm waiting on the game to catch up.

1 minute ago, NativeKiller said:

No, you don't get it.

I would have played the game for awhile and said "What the hek is wrong with the looting system?" and up and quit.

Don't presume to know how I think and live my life, fellow Tenno.

you dont get it i played this game long before Vaccum existed and got around just fine still do i use smeeta over the dumb carrier because it does more for me then any sentinel ever will 

Edited by hazerddex