Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Deluxe Skins: 6 in development [embers!]

On 12/10/2016 at 9:06 AM, Mak_Gohae said:

i dont like this guy's art style but DE seems to love him. He basically uses the same design over and over again.

Yeah and he really dose like his stocking things doesn't he. 

It's not bad, I like the flame effect but I don't really like this as an Ember skin. I would expect  something more badass and...punk for lack of a better term. As it is the girls in particular are starting to look samey. 

4 hours ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

i kinda hope she has some cool power glow effect like zephyrs and nova has 

I just want some energy phoenix wings on cast like Nova. I dont really like the skin, but if she had those, it'd be an insta buy for me

Edited by (PS4)GbHaseo

Not a fan of Ember's design at all, really. She's the one I play most often and I was looking forward to it. I did say I disliked Nova's and I just bought that one yesterday, so we'll see. If nothing else, at least her Prime looks badass.

Can't take full credit for this  one - After I made my final submission, Mynki added some stuff based on earlier sketches, such as the skirt and the Couter on the arm. The blade protruding from the faceplate was his idea. Kinda wish they had shown a before and after - Rebecca pretty much implied that this is all me.

Edited by IgnusDei

On 09.12.2016 at 10:30 PM, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

ember deluxe > . >

CzQgxejXcAAw0cs.jpg

I'm crazy about details. The white part looks like civil dress and black part looks like armor, burning and replacing dress. So why are there white spikes on her left arm? It should look normal and smooth, for the sake of duality of the concept. The right leg is also weird. I really want it to look a bit more consistent

2 hours ago, texrei said:

I'm crazy about details. The white part looks like civil dress and black part looks like armor, burning and replacing dress. So why are there white spikes on her left arm? It should look normal and smooth, for the sake of duality of the concept. The right leg is also weird. I really want it to look a bit more consistent

For me it feels like wildfire spreading through her body, thus looking inconsistent.

3 hours ago, texrei said:

If you look at it properly, you'll see the white part of the dress is actually the "fire". Around the edges of the dress, pelvic region and arm. Where the Dark spots is the burnt/smoldering areas. This gives it a better indication of temperature or what i assume the artist was going for because a white flame is the coldest part of the flame and as the design draws your eyes up to her Right side, it transitions to the smoldering area.  
The armour look makes the burnt side have a stronger impact to it, a powerful feel. While the white parts still have a tamed gentleness to it. The contrast helps boost the impression of both sides of her.  
If it still bothers you, it's just artist choice to give her white arm some flame spikes/waves so it isnt boring to look at opposed to say smooth and conflicting with the dress design. 

Edited by xFrostKnightx

2 hours ago, xFrostKnightx said:

If you look at it properly, you'll see the white part of the dress is actually the "fire". Around the edges of the dress, pelvic region and arm. Where the Dark spots is the burnt/smoldering areas. This gives it a better indication of temperature or what i assume the artist was going for because a white flame is the coldest part of the flame and as the design draws your eyes up to her Right side, it transitions to the smoldering area.  
The armour look makes the burnt side have a stronger impact to it, a powerful feel. While the white parts still have a tamed gentleness to it. The contrast helps boost the impression of both sides of her.  
If it still bothers you, it's just artist choice to give her white arm some flame spikes/waves so it isnt boring to look at opposed to say smooth and conflicting with the dress design. 

The dress looks blatantly burned for me - look at the part under her waist. Have you ever seen how the things burning?

untitled123.jpg

24 minutes ago, texrei said:

The dress looks blatantly burned for me - look at the part under her waist. Have you ever seen how the things burning?

I prefer to see the white part as flames as indicated by the swirls on the dress itself not just on the boarder to the charred parts. If you prefer to see it realistically as a burnt piece of paper thats no longer on fire then thats fine but from an artists view it's more appealing the way I see it. So I'm not just looking at a plain dress that has been burnt. I also see the white part in different colours which would suit the look of a fire passing through and chard parts is whats left in wake of the flame. Similar to a forest fire as if leaves behind ash it's it's wake. 

Edited by xFrostKnightx

6 hours ago, texrei said:

It's about contrast. White and smooth, Black and jagged. Unburnt and neat, Burnt and wild.

Artistically it's a better choice to favour aesthetic over realism. Of course it may not suit your taste and that's fine, albeit being a different matter entirely.

10 hours ago, IgnusDei said:

Can't take full credit for this  one - After I made my final submission, Mynki added some stuff based on earlier sketches, such as the skirt and the Couter on the arm. The blade protruding from the faceplate was his idea. Kinda wish they had shown a before and after - Rebecca pretty much implied that this is all me.

Are you not able to show the original product? I'd love to see what it looked like without Mynki's hand. 

4 hours ago, Evanescent said:

It's about contrast. White and smooth, Black and jagged. Unburnt and neat, Burnt and wild.

Artistically it's a better choice to favour aesthetic over realism. Of course it may not suit your taste and that's fine, albeit being a different matter entirely.

My point was: the concept doesn't perfectly fit what it seems to be its idea - dualism of white, smooth and civil part and black spiky part, i said it. I don't care about realism, i care about consistency.

And i care even more about people who can't at least read before replying. Or maybe the problem is a bit of criticism? You can't handle it?

14 hours ago, IgnusDei said:

i think the couter thing pairs well with the shoulder but probably should have been slightly smaller and "pointy".
Not liking the headblade, i would have preferred stretching a bit more the head spikes instead. i mean in the sketch representing the faceplate the design looks so badass, why adding something on top of that?
Probably the skirt was added to dont have the white side look too blank. I wish i could see the original art from you.
I really love the ironman style power core on the back, if they do things right it the "fire" side of the skin can either look like burning, burned or eventually lava-like. In general i appreciate when theres a bit of detetail in the back cause, well, thats what you see when playing.

Also waiting for the chroma skin, that looks like a dragon now. Hope they dont go too far from the shown drawing

Edited by JohnKable