Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Macros

Kuvakei

Question

Greetings.

I want to set a slide attack macro using my mouse software to reduce hand stress after only a handful of minutes, which is the main reason I have avoided using certain weapons. Before I decide to do so, would this result in a ban ?

The macro in question just has crouch--->quickmelee, nothing else.

Thank you in advance.

Edited by Kuvakei
Spacing

16 answers to this question

I think the rule is "as long as the macro doesn't play the game for you, you're allowed to use it".

They said they allow macro, and it's important for people with any disable (according to them)

So as long as your macro isn't "Right... left...right...left" in order to prevent the afk system to trigger, you can go ahead.

I'm even thinking about making a ctrl E macro to play boltas telos... but my pinky needs more muscles, so I won't do it yet.

Better contact DE staff for this, don't gamble or take risk.

6 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

I'm even thinking about making a ctrl E macro to play boltas telos... but my pinky needs more muscles, so I won't do it yet.

My kind sir, have you tried to rebind toggle crouch to C and see how it goes for you? I like C to be crouch in every game....

Why don't any of you consider buying one of those console controllers that plug into the PC via USB instead of making the game play itself?

Letting it auto-attack (with Telos Boltace's over-abused slide attack) is, essentially, playing the game for you. 

In my eyes, you could be lying and abuse this 'macro hack' like many others (i.e: CHILDVOICE - "I wanna make a macro to jump for me and aim for me so I don't have to do either" ) and be called 'pros' while actually putting in no effort.

You should ask a support member about this, but be warned that it's '99.99%' likely that they 'WILL' say no either way, and if they do? Get a controller, or find another use for your melee weapon.

Spoiler

Personally, I use a controller because when I first tried to play (on an alt acc) I messed up real bad. Then, I found it on Xbox One and found the console controls to be less [dancing] and much more usable, so I came back as this acc due to belief that my old one messed up worse, but to my relief it was fine. I keep it as a memoir to my beginnings, as it was from the time when Corpus spoke differently, and things were quite different.

In short:

Don't use macros. They can be mistaken for bots and, in cases I suspect exist, can get you 'sent out the airlock'.

Just my word on the subject, and I hold no authority. I still recommend a controller if you dislike [dancing on the keyboard].

14 minutes ago, Prinny13 said:

Better contact DE staff for this, don't gamble or take risk.

My kind sir, have you tried to rebind toggle crouch to C and see how it goes for you? I like C to be crouch in every game....

I prefer ctrl.

I would be tempted to use my index to press C and then.. I wouldn't be able to use E.

Doing shift > ctrl with my pinky is easier ;)

5 minutes ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

In my eyes, you could be lying and abuse this 'macro hack' like many others (i.e: CHILDVOICE - "I wanna make a macro to jump for me and aim for me so I don't have to do either" ) and be called 'pros' while actually putting in no effort.

You should ask a support member about this, but be warned that it's '99.99%' likely that they 'WILL' say no either way, and if they do? Get a controller, or find another use for your melee weapon.

Which is why I asked in advance and it could easily be registered by their software whether or not I am "lying" or not. I did not ask for your passive aggressive attitude so keep it to yourself.

The fact that playing certain weapons physically hurts my hands due to bad joints is why I don't use them altogether aside mastery fodder. If macros are discouraged or not allowed, I'll simply play as I always have and skip on said weapons.

Submitting a support ticket would be the only real source of truth. All we can do is give our opinions. Do tell us what support tells you, though; it would be good to know.

On the note of slide attacks, if you have a mouse with thumb buttons, you can bind crouch to one of those if you aren't using them. That's what I do, at least.

8 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

I prefer ctrl.

I would be tempted to use my index to press C and then.. I wouldn't be able to use E.

Doing shift > ctrl with my pinky is easier ;)

Then try my way, just to see how it goes for ya.

Middle finger on W A S X, Index on D.E, Pinky on Shift and Tab (scanner), Thump on C and Spacebar.

My mouse got 5 buttons but middle (wheel) its 6 in total so i assigned wheel up to primary, wheel down to secondary, mouse button 4 to equip melee and mouse button 5 for channeling.

Try something new (not really new XD)

55 minutes ago, Prinny13 said:

Middle finger on W A S X, Index on D.E, Pinky on Shift and Tab (scanner), Thump on C and Spacebar.

My mouse got 5 buttons but middle (wheel) its 6 in total so i assigned wheel up to primary, wheel down to secondary, mouse button 4 to equip melee and mouse button 5 for channeling.

I prefer to stick with what I use since forever.

3 fingers for zqsd (hehe I'm french, wasx for you) pinky for shift ctrl and capslock, and thumb for the whole bottom line

It's hard to change habits, especially when you play stuff like FPS & mobas

1 hour ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

Why don't any of you consider buying one of those console controllers that plug into the PC via USB instead of making the game play itself?

Letting it auto-attack (with Telos Boltace's over-abused slide attack) is, essentially, playing the game for you. 

You are the only one talking about "making the game play itself". 

On 10/11/2016 at 11:07 AM, Prinny13 said:

I use Q for hold to crouch, and Tab for the gear wheel. 

Gear wheel stuff is keyed to 6 through =, with the last one being for ciphers so I don't need to hotkey it anyways.

The close thumb button is use/interact/pick up, and the far one is mark waypoint. 

Scroll down to equip melee, scroll up to swap guns, middle mouse is alt fire.