The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How about kick only melee weapon?

cykardo

If it allows me to "Sky Walk" through the air and kick enemies in the face, I am in.

It could have a passive that makes Jump Kicks deal the weapon's slide attack damage instead of the pathetic, negligible damage it does currently and send the enemy ragdolled and flying. Will certainly be fun.

Edited by X3Evanescence

While neat, i'd like 'sparring' to have more martial art styles, involving leg focused stuff, I'd love for some Chun Li level leg fighting.

But considering we have sparring, which is hand and feet, and fist only...I can see us having legs only melee weapons.

But I think we can all agree that warframe needs less closed fist, more open fist martial arts styles.

I'm not sure about Sanji, but I definitely want this to happen ASAP. Maybe in the future, have a kicking focused frame have his signature leg sparring weapon.

Make a stance with roundhouses, curbstomps with 3-5 meter slam, and a kick that brings you forward. Oh and definitely have a combo to left you open up to a finisher curbstomp.

I want to fight Kamen Rider Kickhopper/Dark Kabuto style.

Edited by LunarEdge7

how about we just not make a whole new weapon class but focus on the ones we have, in your case, sparring. there could be a stance that only focuses on the kicking part, and another than focuses on the fists and jabbing part, plus the 2 we have now that involves both 

1 minute ago, PrVonTuckIII said:

So.... something like Mercury?

Image result for mercury black gifs

First thing I thought of, too.

Also,

Spoiler

WAAHHHH PYRRHA!!!

Spoiler

JK

sad she's gone, but it set the tone for the rest of the show and was necessary to drive home the point that plot armor has been switched off

Edited by Yzjdriel

Just now, (PS4)Riko_113 said:

I think this idea is awesome. 

Let it be know, you have my stamp of approval. I just hope they won't all be leveling fodder like Fist weapons.

To be fair, there are quite a few nice Fist weapons. Tekko, Furax Wraith, Ankyros Prime....

Also, I just realized that Sparring melee are essentially the same as Greaves.

8 hours ago, X3Evanescence said:

If it allows me to "Sky Walk" through the air and kick enemies in the face, I am in.

It could have a passive that makes Jump Kicks deal the weapon's slide attack damage instead of the pathetic, negligible damage it does currently and send the enemy ragdolled and flying. Will certainly be fun.

If I can be Liu Kang in Warframe, I'm beyond 100% for it.

people have mentioned this before, but I agree, it would be very interesting.

11 hours ago, Yzjdriel said:

11 hours ago, PrVonTuckIII said:

So.... something like Mercury?

Image result for mercury black gifs

First thing I thought of, too.

Also,

Hide contents

WAAHHHH PYRRHA!!!

Hide contents

JK

I'm REALLY looking forward to volume 4. I hope we get to see more of Emerald and Mercury, they kind of disappeared when the shish went down.

Spoiler

totally agree about the Plot armor thing as well, Pyrrah's death was vey unexpected, and I like it when it's not an easy win for the good guys. fingers Crossed Jaune gets a montage and becomes a badass paladin who avenges her! 

I can imagine the Quick Melee being something like this:

Spoiler

And each of those kicks with proper technique are devastating, so imagine Warframes executing them:

And imagine spinning Kick Combos, using these principles: