Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let's speculate the new upcoming conclave game mode.

Vali

1 hour ago, Nazrethim said:

We have this already. 1 Loadout slot per Conclave Rank and you can buy up to 5 extra loadout slots when you are Typhoon for about 50k standing each IIRC

Loadout swapping asin being able to change loadouts during matches after deaths (before respawning).

Edited by Madway7
Edited for clarity

1 minute ago, Momo93 said:

Soo, they are wasting even more resources on conclave even though only like 1% of the playerbase plays it? Wow.... Well, AW racing would be interesting unless it's with the new controls...

PVE is made by a group different from the ppl who make PvP , so its the PvP's group job to make these gamemodes and expand it

3 minutes ago, (PS4)joe03827 said:

PVE is made by a group different from the ppl who make PvP , so its the PvP's group job to make these gamemodes and expand it

I know that but having a separate pvp team is a waste of resources in itself already xD. And just like with the pve team the priorities are all wrong. They should work on balance to make it enjoyable and then add new modes or something. 80% of weapons and like 50% of frames are completely trash in conclave atm.

Edited by Momo93

27 minutes ago, Momo93 said:

I know that but having a separate pvp team is a waste of resources in itself already xD. And just like with the pve team the priorities are all wrong. They should work on balance to make it enjoyable and then add new modes or something. 80% of weapons and like 50% of frames are completely trash in conclave atm.

Do you have any evidence or reasoning to support your claims?

Here's something interesting I've noticed:
Conclave changes. Conclave balancing improves.
Certain players' assumptions about Conclave never change. Certain players' knowledge never improves.

17 hours ago, JSharpie said:

Unpopular opinion here, but I think a moba style would be hellatyte.

6 hours ago, Skaleek said:

I agree 100%. Dark Sectors 1.0 was the closest thing we had to this and i actually -really- enjoyed it.

Totally agree. Fighting players, fodder mobs, and completing objectives was very fun.

2 hours ago, Madway7 said:

Loadout swapping asin being able to change loadouts during matches after deaths (before respawning).

Okay... but we have that. Say you have 2 loadout slots: A (excal, braton, lato, skana) and B (mag, paris, kunai, bo). You pick loadout A at the start, if you die you can respawn with A again or choose B. Or do you mean "actually using the Arsenal UI to change stuff while we're in the middle of  a match" ?

59 minutes ago, Nazrethim said:

Okay... but we have that. Say you have 2 loadout slots: A (excal, braton, lato, skana) and B (mag, paris, kunai, bo). You pick loadout A at the start, if you die you can respawn with A again or choose B. Or do you mean "actually using the Arsenal UI to change stuff while we're in the middle of  a match" ?

Oh okay, if it is already there then.

Quite frankly, a Conclave game mode where no Warframe abilities are present and guns of all type (Assault, Sniper, Shotgun, etc.,) are strategically placed throughout the map would be a much needed addition.

Unreal Tournament: The War Within pls

19 hours ago, JSharpie said:

Unpopular opinion here, but I think a moba style would be hellatyte.

Actually a game type that came out of the same Era of Warcraft 3 Custom Maps would likely work better. Team Survival.

Best known example is Enfo's Team Survival. It is a symmetrical PvEvP . Each team of players fights against waves of progressively stronger enemies, the winning team is the one that survives the longest. Each team can "buy" options to harass or impeded the enemy team.

Think of it like a game of Vs Tetris, where players don't directly attack each other, but clearing multiple lines at once will cause lines to appear on the other player's side.

This plays to Warframe's strengths as a PvE game, while adding an element of in-direct competitiveness. It is also an incentive to DE to turn attention to making combats more of Puzzle than simple mindless horde slaughter.

Edited by Brasten

3 hours ago, Knaimhe said:

Do you have any evidence or reasoning to support your claims?

Here's something interesting I've noticed:
Conclave changes. Conclave balancing improves.
Certain players' assumptions about Conclave never change. Certain players' knowledge never improves.

Do you? On the PVE side, everything that was not announced with TWW and just came out of nowhere (often not even asked for which just proves that DE gets sidetracked way too easily), TWW is still nowhere. We keep getting things just not the ones that were advertised. If DE could handle priorites well the cinematic quest would have been the first update we would have gotten but we are getting the seemingly endless delays instead. Sure, Endo and Ayatans are nice additions but they could have waited, along with Lunaro and even Kavats, heck, even Titania (but we knew beforehand that these last two were surely coming at least). The star chart rework was nailed for the most part tho. Plus the current content lineup is what the majority actually wants (finally made Vacuum universal and there will be a corpus version of the grineer arena event) so they seem to have collected themselves a bit. If they keep this up my opinion might even change in a positive way.

On the PVP side, it's just enough to play it and see for yourself. I stopped playing conclave for like 2 months now but I am following all the patch notes and actual balancing is few and far between and I am 100% sure it's still abysmal. I am also 100% sure that Rhino Prime with Iron Skin, Prisma Grakata, Akstiletto Prime, Sword and Board is the main brainless meta for the most part. Prove me wrong otherwise, if you visit the Conclave section the majority are balancing complaints.

Edited by Momo93

how about a classic?: Gun Game:

- each player starts with a Lato and works their way up to progressively more powerful primary and secondary weapons with each kill.

- weapons are unmodded and use base stats only.

- players have a regular Machete as a melee weapon. if a player is killed by a machete, they are forced to start over with the Lato and work their way back up.

- no Warframe powers are available, so you would have to rely on Parkour skills to avoid bullets.

- whoever reaches the last weapon and gets a kill with it first wins.

Edited by (PS4)robotwars7

Unpopular opinion I'm sure

But i think development time could be better spent. Too much already spent on pvp and it's insanely hard to find games as is. 

Alot of bugs, clipping issues , balancing and things like dojo improvements could use the limited resources more lol.

Edited by (PS4)Mofojokers

3 hours ago, Momo93 said:

Do you? On the PVE side, -snip-

I was not referring to your PvE-related assertions.

I stopped playing conclave for like 2 months now

So you have no experience in recent Conclave.

I am following all the patch notes and actual balancing is few and far between and I am 100% sure it's still abysmal.

Infrequent balancing changes is evidence of good existing balance.

I am also 100% sure that Rhino Prime with Iron Skin, Prisma Grakata, Akstiletto Prime, Sword and Board is the main brainless meta for the most part.

You are describing the notorious PvP loadout of a single player, "3xcal1bur" or some such name.
Anecdotal evidence of one individual's prowess with a particular loudout doesn't indicate that the loadout (or anything else) is unbalanced.

Prove me wrong otherwise, if you visit the Conclave section the majority are balancing complaints.

The posts on the first page of Conclave Feedback are topically spread across Lunaro, specters, game mechanics, balancing, and some miscellaneous topics.

One of the threads complains about Excalibur, the Daikyu, the Jat Kittag, and the Nikana Prime.
One of the threads complains about the Dark Split-Sword.
Looking back further, we have threads concerning MK1 weapons, concerning snipers, concerning the Talons...
Given that you're "100% sure" about Rhino/Grakata/Akstiletto/Sword&Shield being "the meta", shouldn't the threads we're seeing be primarily about those?

Everyone and their mother has complaints about some "meta" or another, and they're all different "metas".
If you search hard enough, you can find a thread someone's made for just about any weapon in the game.

Complaints, in general, are inevitable. The presence of complaints doesn't indicate that balancing is poor.

8 hours ago, (PS4)Mofojokers said:

Unpopular opinion I'm sure

But i think development time could be better spent. Too much already spent on pvp and it's insanely hard to find games as is. 

Alot of bugs, clipping issues , balancing and things like dojo improvements could use the limited resources more lol.

Seriously this. Junctions are (or at least were, on the most recent chart) more active than PvP. Junctions, the things you do literally once and never touch again. I understand it's a different group of people, but it seems like that group of people are wasting time that could be better spent elsewhere lol

7 hours ago, rohver said:

I just dont want another Lunaro disaster....

How was Lunaro exactly a disaster?

-A lot of people who didn't like fighting in the Conclave but like sport games got into it

-The Arcatas developed for Lunaro will soon be usable in PvE as weapons complete with Lunaro ball.

-We got 3 kickarse decorative armor sets.

-Lunaro update also featured the Conclave Melee stances, which on top of being Fun also prove DE could update stances by adding or swapping animations (they swapped 'Last Herald' RMB combo with the 'pause' combo, and Nikanas went from EpauseEE to EEpauseEE). Sadly they are still not usable in PvE, but with some sheer luck DE will allow them eventually (along with all the other mods, my Grinlok is waiting for Grinloked)

56 minutes ago, Racter said:

Seriously this. Junctions are (or at least were, on the most recent chart) more active than PvP. Junctions, the things you do literally once and never touch again. I understand it's a different group of people, but it seems like that group of people are wasting time that could be better spent elsewhere lol

Trials are barely more popular than Conclave, same as Archwing, yet DE still added a second trial and two new AW modes. DE are handling their resources very well actually, as was mentioned in the last Devstream the problem was purely creative.