The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Enough with Baro cosmetics

Otakuwolf

I have enough of Baro's cosmetics, we need more primed mods or prisma/mara weapons from from him since he didn't bring any new ones since ages and i'm getting a bit tired to always come to the relay and see yet another Prisma armor cosmetic or some Ki'Teer clothing for my cat. I'd like something more useful like a mod or a weapon, not necessarely something overpowered but at least better than just yet another prisma/Ki'Teer piece of clothing i would barely use anyway.

At first i was approaching Baro with entusiasm everytime he came to the relays by becuase i knew i could put my hands on something cool and new, now i'm always bracing for disappointment on coming and see yet again only stuff i already own or the equivalent of a towel at best.

Edited by Otakuwolf

I have exactly the opposite opinion.

Primed Mods and Prisma weapons are power creep in their purest form. Primed Mods in particular, I think, are a very unhealthy addition to the game.

The Ki'Teer accessories are truly original cosmetics that can be purchased with in-game items. I'd love to see a stronger shift in focus towards these.

1 minute ago, _Mr.Robot said:

just because you have enough, doesnt mean other people have enough of them

Exactly. Any Primed mod is mandatory if you use the base mods E.G. Flow/Primed Flow. I want Primed Flow right now so it's really valuable. As soon as I get it does that make it not valuable? The only way to make flow and continuity not valuable is if we were to get a R10 Primed Streamline (if it were a thing which thank god it isn't) and a R8 Fleeting Expertise. Both of these mods combined would give any frame unlimited energy.

3 minutes ago, (XB1)LAZYNOOB2015 said:

mandatory

Please. Please stop throwing this word around. It doesn't mean what you think it means.

The only primed mod that changes how builds work is Primed Continuity. Everything else is just higher numbers, leading to more efficiency. That's it. That's not mandatory. That's just better.

1 minute ago, Chipputer said:

Please. Please stop throwing this word around. It doesn't mean what you think it means.

The only primed mod that changes how builds work is Primed Continuity. Everything else is just higher numbers, leading to more efficiency. That's it. That's not mandatory. That's just better.

You wouldn't need that mod if you had Primed Streamline at 60% and Fleeting Expertise at 40%. You would have unlimited energy. You could just keep casting abilities indefinitely.

Okay not Mandatory. Obvious. You wouldn't use normal continuity if you had Primed continuity. There's no point in that.

Just now, Omega-ZX said:

Forget the efficiency-cap? 75% my friend. :)

No. I never knew in the first place. I went slightly off topic. My original point is that just because you already have that item doesn't mean that Baro is selling crap items. I'm always hearing this in region when Baro shows up and when I visit him I always find something of value.

3 minutes ago, (XB1)LAZYNOOB2015 said:

You wouldn't need that mod if you had Primed Streamline at 60% and Fleeting Expertise at 40%. You would have unlimited energy. You could just keep casting abilities indefinitely.

Okay not Mandatory. Obvious. You wouldn't use normal continuity if you had Primed continuity. There's no point in that.

There's an efficiency cap at 75%. 

On topic: I'm against Primed mods. Baro was design for veterans to unload their over-abundant stock of prime parts. Baro is suppose to bring "exotic" items that you can't get anywhere else. So far, Baro hasn't disappointed me with any of his offerings. Bring more cosmetics is my vote. 

35 minutes ago, Otakuwolf said:

I have enough of Baro's cosmetics, we need more primed mods or prisma/mara weapons from from him since he didn't bring any new ones since ages and i'm getting a bit tired to always come to the relay and see yet another Prisma armor cosmetic or some Ki'Teer clothing for my cat. I'd like something more useful like a mod or a weapon, not necessarely something overpowered but at least better than just yet another prisma/Ki'Teer piece of clothing i would barely use anyway.

At first i was approaching Baro with entusiasm everytime he came to the relays by becuase i knew i could put my hands on something cool and new, now i'm always bracing for disappointment on coming and see yet again only stuff i already own or the equivalent of a towel at best.

I agree thoroughly... Baro's supposed to be this elite collector of fine items, true, but... While I like fancy outfits (though, some may not agree with me, as my idea of fancy is in camoflauge), I prefer nice weaponry even more.

30 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

Funny, because I don't see the need for even more primed mods or special weapons that you won't use for more than a week. I'm perfectly fine with the cosmetics.

Different people, different preferences.

28 minutes ago, ashrah said:

primed serration and hornet strike would be pretty nice...

Won't happen... The cost for maxing a 10-rank Primed mod is expensive enough as it is... a Primed 20-rank would be ludicrously expensive at best. That, and Legendary cores aren't exactly easy to get.

Just now, (PS4)A_SimpleName said:

There's an efficiency cap at 75%. 

On topic: I'm against Primed mods. Baro was design for veterans to unload their over-abundant stock of prime parts. Baro is suppose to bring "exotic" items that you can't get anywhere else. So far, Baro hasn't disappointed me with any of his offerings. Bring more cosmetics is my vote. 

Yes but don't get rid of Primed mods though. Honestly I got my Prisma daedalus set from him and my Wyrms face plate I think.

10 minutes ago, (XB1)LAZYNOOB2015 said:

And those together (Primed Streamline and Fleeting Expertise) would have, if anything, a negative effect on duration abilities like Invisibility, Cloak Arrow and Mind Control due to the penalty of Fleeting.

Edited by NinjaKitsune56

1 minute ago, NinjaKitsune56 said:

I agree thoroughly... Baro's supposed to be this elite collector of fine items, true, but... While I like fancy outfits (though, some may not agree with me, as my idea of fancy is in camoflauge), I prefer nice weaponry even more.

Different people, different preferences.

Won't happen... The cost for maxing a 10-rank Primed mod is expensive enough as it is... a Primed 20-rank would be ludicrously expensive at best. That, and Legendary cores aren't exactly easy to get.

It's got nothing to do with the leveling cost. A Primed mod is just a r10 version of a r5 mod. A Primed Serration or any mod that's already R10 would break the rules of Primed mods.

2 minutes ago, NinjaKitsune56 said:

And those together (Primed Streamline and Fleeting Expertise) would have, if anything, a negative effect on duration abilities like Invisibility, Cloak Arrow and Mind Control due to the penalty of Fleeting.

Not with unlimited energy you could just keep recasting