The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE are you pushing us to play SOLO ?

(XBOX)Oussii

Every single time i run a fissure mission (survival and exterminate), the mechanism puts me in a game where in:

survival:  4.30 min already passed, and within 30 sec the squad rushes towards extract

Exterminate: 90/95 enemies are dead

So either i have to abort mission or go to exit without any reward as most of the time either the squad does not wait or no more enemies to kill.

Can you please DE consider to fix this and don't allow us to join any squad if objective already achieved?

Does it happen to anyone else or it's just me and my bad luck?

So basically beggining is in need of a new pc, and you need to stop joining public games and join a recruited squad Oussii. Or Recruit for one and bypass all that which you are dealing with.

These are simply the consequences you get for joining a public game instead of taking control of your mission. Now maybe I am just assuming wrong, if so, I am sorry.

fi

4 minutes ago, Alcatraz said:

So basically beggining is in need of a new pc, and you need to stop joining public games and join a recruited squad Oussii. Or Recruit for one and bypass all that which you are dealing with.

These are simply the consequences you get for joining a public game instead of taking control of your mission. Now maybe I am just assuming wrong, if so, I am sorry.

first i am on XBOX not a PC (i don't see the link here)

PS: i just noticed the beggining player lol.. my bad Bro

Second, you can rarely find a squad where they run intact, they all want radiant

And as per your post, so either i don't join random, or i play solo? or have to wait 15 min to find a squad?

the idea about this post is to point out something i am sure a lot of players are facing it, and it can be easily fixed.

Sometimes, my friends can't invite me to a game because objective has been achieved. why can't it be the same in this case?

Edited by (XB1)Oussii
PS: i just noticed the beggining player lol.. my bad Bro

11 minutes ago, Vance.Stubbs said:

"Host game" feature was requested like since closed beta, but there are apparently more important business for DE to take care of.

The day this feature is implemented, everyone will use it, and you will no longer find a game as quickly as today if you ever want to play with a full group. Just billions of solo-groups.

One brain-stormed idea talked about in a past devstream was allowing players to extract separately. Don't know what came of that honestly or if it was more than just an idea but it sounds like that would be around what you are looking for.

32 minutes ago, Beggining said:

I once waited a whole three minutes for a capture mission.

And then I spawned...

...at the extraction point.

I would consider this a blessing to be honest.

On topic, yeah it happens from time to time, but in my experience i join missions at the very beginning.

Edited by John89brensen

23 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

The day this feature is implemented, everyone will use it, and you will no longer find a game as quickly as today if you ever want to play with a full group. Just billions of solo-groups.

not quite, because there are plenty of people that either are unable to properly host (either due to a toaster or bad internet) or would rather not host for various reasons

14 minutes ago, Urlan said:

One brain-stormed idea talked about in a past devstream was allowing players to extract separately. Don't know what came of that honestly or if it was more than just an idea but it sounds like that would be around what you are looking for.

I was thinking of it seriously yesterday when I was running Hieracon in pugs non-stop, just because there are times when you gotta get out of the mission but unfortunately you cant just because your mates want to go for 3K Cryots. I was thinking like a beacon system with a timer function of disabling it (just incase you changed your mind not to extract atm), which will allow you to extract from mission being anywhere & anytime with the condition of objective completion; it makes my mind imagine the scene of hijack-raid missions when finally liset comes and takes up the device from the extraction point.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Oussii said:

Every single time i run a fissure mission (survival and exterminate), the mechanism puts me in a game where in:

survival:  4.30 min already passed, and within 30 sec the squad rushes towards extract

Exterminate: 90/95 enemies are dead

So either i have to abort mission or go to exit without any reward as most of the time either the squad does not wait or no more enemies to kill.

Can you please DE consider to fix this and don't allow us to join any squad if objective already achieved?

Does it happen to anyone else or it's just me and my bad luck?

Yeah it's one of the bigger issues with the relic system where a part of the group can complete leaving anybody who joined at a bad time without enough reactant or time to get reactant in your survival example (though there are whispers of endless relics coming in some manner).

Edited by Irorone

Yeah this is one of the reasons I've started taking nekros when I'm after relics because it seems to increase the droprate of reactant when desecrate is on.  It's been a lifesaver on a few occasions.

I basically have 4 issues with doing relics

1 - players being put into an event at a point when you might not get enough relics or the other players might not wait.  Doesn't help when late players don't go after relics straight away or that the counter doesn't say everyone has 10 most of the time (this really needs fixing).

2 - players without any relics being put into events with people with relics, seriously stick them in their own groups rather than reducing our relic options

3 - not being able to 'match' relics for better chances without recruiting others to come with you.  At the moment I have just as much chance getting the item I want in a solo as a public group when I don't have any other relics matching mine...

4 - getting the exact relics I need to finish prime items in enough quantity to actually stand a chance at getting item I want.

Edited by LSG501

Joins a Saturn capture after 6 min for loading i am in 

all members downed i spawn energy Charge.

so as ash prime went invisible revived 1 player to only find out OMG its g3 and then i go blade storm loco manage to kill them the other 2 died the other one i rezed was no where near . next thing mission failed im like oh yea i was a capture =P

3 hours ago, NightBlitz said:

not quite, because there are plenty of people that either are unable to properly host (either due to a toaster or bad internet) or would rather not host for various reasons

If you have a laggy connection, you are able to play more smoothly while being host than hosted. I felt that during my holidays when I was at my friend's house with his modem-like connection :D

10 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

If you have a laggy connection, you are able to play more smoothly while being host than hosted. I felt that during my holidays when I was at my friend's house with his modem-like connection :D

oh thats just lovely.... ruin it for everyone else, but as long as your game is smooth it doesn't matter....

Honestly the game does need some adjustments to min system requirements AND internet capabilities to be a host.  A simple test to determine if the host can cope with being host would go a LONG way to solving our issues, especially if it included a 'do not host' tag on the user... far too many players are playing the game on dial up and toasters and it can ruin the game for everyone else in the group.

Edited by LSG501

anyone who says playing Solo is a bad thing just doesn't see the benefits. it's definitely better than counting on random players who turn out to be, well... lacking in the skills department. benefits include:

- you can pause the game, great if you need to go AFK for whatever reason.

- you can go at your own pace, if you don't feel like rushing through the mission.

- you can scan and do activities like Principle Rooms at your own leisure.

- you don't have to worry about Metaheads/Leechers/noobs ruining your game experience by constantly going down, or blazing through without giving you a chance to get kills.

- no worries of connection issues.

- you can truly test your own levels of skill, and see just how much you can improve.

- you can test weapons/frames in peace on actual Tilesets, great if you don't have Simulacrum Access yet.

IMO, it's way better to go Solo when you can, and in todays world of online-only games, I'm all for anything that lets you kick back by yourself without the hassle of other players. consider playing Solo more often, it's a thrilling experience!

8 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

anyone who says playing Solo is a bad thing just doesn't see the benefits. it's definitely better than counting on random players who turn out to be, well... lacking in the skills department. benefits include:

- you can pause the game, great if you need to go AFK for whatever reason.

- you can go at your own pace, if you don't feel like rushing through the mission.

- you can scan and do activities like Principle Rooms at your own leisure.

- you don't have to worry about Metaheads/Leechers/noobs ruining your game experience by constantly going down, or blazing through without giving you a chance to get kills.

- no worries of connection issues.

- you can truly test your own levels of skill, and see just how much you can improve.

- you can test weapons/frames in peace on actual Tilesets, great if you don't have Simulacrum Access yet.

IMO, it's way better to go Solo when you can, and in todays world of online-only games, I'm all for anything that lets you kick back by yourself without the hassle of other players. consider playing Solo more often, it's a thrilling experience!

So that's your solution for the problem, Go solo? instead of fixing that mechanism?

FYI, i do solo most of the times, but at the end, as a wise man once said: even in heaven when you are alone it's BORING.

It's also very irritating during syndicate missions. They drop you into the middle of the mission and you can't tell how many medallions party has already collected, which places they searched already or even where is the start of the level. Not only I miss some items, but I get super disoriented too. And why can't you pick items someone picked before you joined? No idea!

So ofc there MUST be a "host" option. Or at least game shouldn't connect you to missions that are going for too long

46 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

oh thats just lovely.... ruin it for everyone else, but as long as your game is smooth it doesn't matter....

Honestly the game does need some adjustments to min system requirements AND internet capabilities to be a host.  A simple test to determine if the host can cope with being host would go a LONG way to solving our issues, especially if it included a 'do not host' tag on the user... far too many players are playing the game on dial up and toasters and it can ruin the game for everyone else in the group.

That's why I think this "I want to be host !" button should not be implemented, not without the system actually checking your connection.

You'd have the same chances as today to have a potato-connection as host, but... after 2 hours of looking for a full group. No benefits, at best.

Only the opposite function ("I don't want to be host, I know my connection sucks") would be conceivable.

Edited by Chewarette