Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is overextended viable on frost?

(XBOX)BigQuadTodd

Question

20 answers to this question

10 minutes ago, (XB1)TomTheImperator said:

Also keep in mind im using narrow minded and the range with overextended and NM will be around 14 meters I think

14 meter radius... so a snowball 28 meters across... against Grineer and Infested, it'd work wonders... against Corpus and Corrupted, Nullifiers'd hit it hard, though a ball that big'd be great for catching rockets. Throw in Chilling Globe and anything that enters is gonna be a statue.

3 minutes ago, thothsong said:

I've used an Overextended + Stretch build (but no Narrow Minded or other duration mods) for wide area Snow Globes on Infested defense and mobile defense missions, where slowing enemies down is more useful than fending off ranged attacks.

I use a max range build on my Snowglobe build because you can stack globes on each other and combine their health, capping out at 1 million.

Overextended is 'the meta' when it comes to Frost.

casting twice with a larger Range is more effective than casting once with a smaller Range and having what you're trying to protect with your ice condom still take Damage.
and more AoE Blast in your Ice Wave/Avalanche, blah blah.

also i'd probably recommend replacing Narrow Minded with Continuity/Prime.
Duration for Freeze and Avalanche is nice, but trying to focus on Duration doesn't really help.

If you're using Narrow Minded then Overextended is just about required since Snow Globe doesn't block radial damage.

Outside of Narrow Minded; Overextended is also good for Infested as you generally don't need much protection from ranged attacks and it works esp well with Ice wave Impedance.

In most cases Frost will make better use of Range and Duration than he will of Power Strength. His Hybrid Buff build is one of the few that need Power Strength to function.

42 minutes ago, (XB1)TomTheImperator said:

Also keep in mind im using narrow minded and the range with overextended and NM will be around 14 meters I think

After watching FrozenBallz's video on frost, id go with max range and efficiency since enemies take a truck load of damage if they hit a wall after being shot out of the globe when casting.

I have to say Overextended and Narrowminded are not great options on Frost

Overextend will give you slightly better crowd control but ruins the the armor reduction of Avalanche and the health of Snowglobe

Narrowminded in conjunction with Overextended just reduces the little positive effects of Overextended

If you want range Stretch alone is plenty

If you want duration Continuity/Primed Continuity area plenty.

But of course it's your choice, follow your heart and have fun.

I'd say Frost doesn't need a whole lot of Duration or Strength as long as you have max Efficiency (also Zenurik FTW).

My (125% Strength, 235% Range and) 78% Duration build keeps entire tiles slowed / frozen for ~long enough,
to be re-frozen at will providing Avalanche's decent damage + on-death AoE chain damage left something alive lol,
Snow Globe health is not an issue if you can spam it all day to add to its health (don't forget those 4 second absorb phases)
and I don't think relying purely on Avalanche for high-level Armor melting (heh) instead of bringing multiple CPs is the way to go. *shrug*

Frost needs efficiency first. In most cases Stretch + Cunning Drift provides a good enough size bubble. 

Unless you want to go for CC build with full range for Avalanche but in that case you will not probably defending anything and in a different game mode like survival.

If you really got to a point where you absolutely want Narrow minded in your build, yes use overextended because there is nothing more frustrating than a small globe with 4 tennos inside or an avalanche that only covers your shoulders...

I have two builds for my icy nuts. The one I use for stationary defense is 145 range, 160 efficiency, low duration and high strength. No need to worry about how long you can cc them when you can simply kill them with an avalanche. Globe has good health, and you have spammable abilities right out of the box. 145 is a comfortable globe. I run none of his augments on this build.

The second is the opposite, I run it when I'm unlucky enough to be chosen to frost in lor. High range and high duration. Nerf strength and don't worry about efficiency. Ev ftw. A simple cc build. 

You have to decide what you want your frost to do. Mod to suit, forget the haters.