Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Survival Statistics?

(PSN)Darth-Escar

Question

I'm always at a loss with how to be successful or contribute well in a survival mission. Obviously, DPS is important, but I never know what to do beyond that. I never have problems with excavation, defense, or interception. In survival I either run out of life support to fast, or die because I'm trying to maximize my kill rate. I doesn't matter what I use. It always happens before I can make it to the hour mark (in the highest leveled survivals for each faction). Enemy spawning is the main issue I noticed. When I go to a new area for life support, I'm often using around 30-60% waiting for an enemy to enter.

What I'm looking for are some methods to deal with spawning, and maintaining a good kill rate while staying alive. I mostly have issues solo, but some stuff for team play would be nice too.

16 answers to this question

Don`t run around and mess up spawns, don`t get close to doors, try to stay in one of three rooms with Life Support - preferably a second one, it is closest to extraction.

There was some trick with making LS instantly reappear in a second room once you use any, but I dont remember the specifics, except that you have to use all LS towers in a first room prior to that.

For Solo, it mostly depends on the faction I am up against. 90% of the time I use Loki, but you can also use a durable warframe that can deal decent CC or soak up tons of damage. Inaros is a given, frames like Frost or Valkyr come to mind as well.

I tend to proceed at a very moderate pace in Survivals. I allow enemies to come to me rather than frantically searching the map for them. I will choose a particular room, where it is open and where enemies can easily run up to me. Rooms with too many obstacles or are too big will mean that enemies take longer to reach you, and slow down your killing rate. Eventually the Life Support capsules will start spawning elsewhere, and you can then start moving towards the new areas.

Killing quickly is a given, and I tend to bring at least 1 powerful AoE weapon to clear trash mobs quickly, as they can drop LS in a pinch. I tend to get into spots where I can funnel enemies in a single hallway where I can kill them easily, too. In a team setting, stick as a team. If you stray too far, spawns will become spread out, and that means you are not killing as much.

the primary point of Survival is to Kill Enemies quickly.
the Life Support drain is tuned such as that unless you are Killing at blazing speed, you will need to use Life Support Towers from time to time.

eventually you will be unable to Kill Enemies fast enough and therefore will not be able to sustain Life Support.

to jolly Co-Op in Survival - stay as somewhat of a group. you don't need to be welded to each other, just don't run off in random directions, it doesn't help.
moving around the map or staying in Rooms which have strategic positions and a lot of places for Enemies to come from are both acceptable (these strategic rooms will usually also be the rooms that the Life Support Towers Spawn in), as long as everyone is still in the general vicinity of each other.

1 hour ago, Aurea_Hiigara said:

Survival will always, always, ALWAYS have issues when you go solo because the enemy spawn rate is tied to the number of players in the mission, and fewer enemies means fewer life support capsules being dropped.

the Life Support Drain Rate - as well as the Enemy Spawn Rate and Maximum Concurrent Enemies - is modulated based on Number of Players in the Session.

If you only want to stay 20-40 minutes, then you mainly have to focus on surving. And it shouldn't be too much of a problem with the life support.  

But since you want to go longer then an hour, you have to take enemy spawns in consideration.
Solo, will spawn less enemies irc. So a group really should be better for longer mission. Otherwise you might want to look for ways to abuse things a bit like Ivara with prowl and covert lethality.
Like the others said, find a good room with good spawns, and don't run around to far to mess up the spawns.  Additionally if a squad want's to go long ,they usually bring special frames with them. Like Nekros for extra life support cashes. Or/and speed nova, for faster enemies (faster ls drops) etc

1 hour ago, (PS4)Darth-Escar said:

I'm always at a loss with how to be successful or contribute well in a survival mission.

Survival is purely about life support, you don't need to kill fast if you can produce life support in different way. Just jump in there with melee nekros using slash weapon in pt or cl ivara solo.

I usually run survival missions solo because there are always people who run to different rooms and cause nothing but trouble because whenever that happens less life support gets supplied with kills and the mission ends early.

But if I am with others it's people I know, we normally run the void survival and just talk about random stuff(if we're in the void someone is ranking up a warframe/weapon)

So basically just run with your friends to survive or join randoms to have a chance at succeeding.

This is pretty much my build for Survival:

liWtROx.jpg

With a good primary like the Tigris Prime or Sancti Tigris, Zenurik will beast Survival. With Naramon, obviously a great crit weapon. When we get the Vacuum Within patch, any tanky Sentinel will do just fine such as Carrier Prime and to some extent Wyrm Prime as long as you have Vacuum equipped.

With Nekros Prime I have an Arcane Pulse and Energize set equipped on him. If you don't have Energize, you can replace the Stretch with Equilibrium just fine, Desecrate still has amazing range even at 115%. However, Arcane Pulse really helps and synergizes so well with Despoil that you won't have to worry about health, and with Health Conversion your armor will most likely cap at 1416 very often. Whenever necessary and if you have the energy, occasionally cast Creeping Terrify for enemy slow and stripping enemy armor, Blind Rage really boosts this augment's efficacy for endurance runs.

As long as you keep killing and walking over corpses, you will never run out of health and life support packs.

Edited by (PS4)Lei-Lei_23

13 hours ago, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

Are you trying to solo? There won't be enough enemies to get you far past 40 minutes. Unless you Prowl with Ivara lol some guy did a solo T4 survival for like 5 hours.

A friend got 2 hours using volt solo, and another got 2 hours using nekros. Not saying it's easy, but it's possible.

I took a break of 8 months, so i dont know if spawns were changed or not in the meantime, from what I hear it probably hasn't. From my understanding, the most important thing to know about enemy spawn is that they never spawn in the room that you are in. They always spawn in a room that is adjacent to the one where a player is present. 

This explains what you experienced: when running around the map, every time that you change room, you force the enemies to spawn a bit further (the place where you arrive stops spawning, and you have to wait until enemies spawn in the next room and come to you). Then room next to you, then the next, then the next, then the next, for as long as you keep changing his is also why staying in the same room or very close helps a lot: because you keep a steady flow of enemies coming, without disturbing the flow.

Another thing to consider is that you want to have a lot of possible spawning rooms close to you. That's why staying in a large room with lots of open doors is better 

Hope this helps

15 hours ago, (PS4)Darth-Escar said:

I'm always at a loss with how to be successful or contribute well in a survival mission. Obviously, DPS is important, but I never know what to do beyond that. I never have problems with excavation, defense, or interception. In survival I either run out of life support to fast, or die because I'm trying to maximize my kill rate. I doesn't matter what I use. It always happens before I can make it to the hour mark (in the highest leveled survivals for each faction). Enemy spawning is the main issue I noticed. When I go to a new area for life support, I'm often using around 30-60% waiting for an enemy to enter.

What I'm looking for are some methods to deal with spawning, and maintaining a good kill rate while staying alive. I mostly have issues solo, but some stuff for team play would be nice too.

I usually go with either Nekros (despoil build to keep life support drops flowing) or Ember (firequake build to push killspeed to the ceiling) for survival.

Nekros for pugs, Ember for solo.

Either way you shouldn't have to activate a single life support all that often...if ever.

Edited by (PS4)Magician_NG