Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Flux Rifle Under Preforming, Thoughts on a Buff?

AndiNaga

as the Title Says the Flux Rifle(love it was a weapon) is Under Preforming,

so should it get a Buff? lets Compare it to the Convectrix

Stats=.................................Flux Rifle........to........Convectrix

Mastery Level=..........................6................................3

Weapon Slot=.......................Primary......................Primary

Weapon Type=........................Rifle........................Shotgun

Trigger Type=....................Continuous..................Continuous

Utility=

Noise Level=.........................Alarming....................Alarming

Fire Rate=........................10.0 rounds/sec..........3.0 rounds/sec

Accuracy=..............................100.0............................50.0

Magazine Size=................200 rounds/mag.........90 rounds/mag

Max Ammo=.........................600 rounds................450 rounds

Reload Time=...........................2.0s..............................2.0s

Normal Attacks=

Damage=................................22.5(All).....................100(All)

Impact=.....................................2.25............................10

Puncture=.................................2.25............................10

Slash=......................................18.0.............................80

Crit Chance=............................5.0%..........................10.0%

Crit Multiplier=..........................2.0x.............................2.0x

Status Chance=.......................25.0%.........................25.0%

Miscellaneous=

Polarities=.................................None..........................None

after Playing with both Weapons i feel that the Flux Rifle Could use some love,

Perhaps giving it the same Ability of the Atomos letting it Spread off to other Enemies,

but what do you all think?

is it just me or could a Buff be in order for the Flux Rifle?

(i would also Except a Index Mod that gives it the Ability of the Atomos)

Thoughts, Comments, Concerns?

Thanks

Dont all the Corpus guns feel underwhelming? 

Seems like the Corpus guns should all become pulse laser type weapons, firing much faster, low-no recoil, and like 40 accuracy.  High accuracy, high RoF, maybe lower damage, or being only HEAT/Puncture type damage, with a high status chance, say base amount of 45%, so they light everything up and punch holes through armor like no ones business.  Then burn it down with hails of hot energy..

Edited by KnightCole

3 hours ago, KnightCole said:

Seems like the Corpus guns should all become pulse laser type weapons, firing much faster, low-no recoil, and like 40 accuracy.  High accuracy, high RoF, maybe lower damage, or being only HEAT/Puncture type damage, with a high status chance, say base amount of 45%, so they light everything up and punch holes through armor like no ones business.  Then burn it down with hails of hot energy..

i could Support a higher Status for the Flux Rifle, 50%Stat Chance/Sec could help, but i would like to see more Utility,

Natural Punch Threw, or a Spread Mechanic like the Atomos could really help more than Just a Damage Buff,

3 hours ago, taiiat said:

if Continuous Weapons got unf...ed in the way they apply Damage, Flux Rifle as well as plenty other Continuous Weapons would suddenly become a lot better.

explain what you mean? the Amprex and Atomos are good weapons, ist just the Flux Rifle is so very Meh,

give the Flux Rifle (3m Punch Threw(its a Laser) + (50% Status chance(for Utility) and Perhaps (50Damage(30S / 10P / 10I)

and i can tell you people would start taking it more often, i know i would, i love the Flux Rifle but at this Point even a Branton is better,

7 minutes ago, AndiNaga said:

explain what you mean?

the model that Continuous Weapons apply Damage is a 100ms Tick, and then after 333ms as long as you continue 'firing'.

the original model actually applied Damage continuously, and that worked great.
which would be excellent for Flux Rifle since it's a Slash Status Weapon. it would apply Slash Status way more often than now.

4 minutes ago, taiiat said:

the model that Continuous Weapons apply Damage is a 100ms Tick, and then after 333ms as long as you continue 'firing'.

the original model actually applied Damage continuously, and that worked great.
which would be excellent for Flux Rifle since it's a Slash Status Weapon. it would apply Slash Status way more often than now.

i agree,

6 hours ago, AndiNaga said:

i could Support a higher Status for the Flux Rifle, 50%Stat Chance/Sec could help, but i would like to see more Utility,

Natural Punch Threw, or a Spread Mechanic like the Atomos could really help more than Just a Damage Buff,

explain what you mean? the Amprex and Atomos are good weapons, ist just the Flux Rifle is so very Meh,

give the Flux Rifle (3m Punch Threw(its a Laser) + (50% Status chance(for Utility) and Perhaps (50Damage(30S / 10P / 10I)

and i can tell you people would start taking it more often, i know i would, i love the Flux Rifle but at this Point even a Branton is better,

Seems like all guns should have natural punch through, just enough to go through all the dead bodies that wont fall out of the way. 

10 hours ago, KnightCole said:

Flux Rifle always procs Slash per instance of damage, regardless of elements put in. Sounds like a good buff :3

Edited by (PS4)LoisGordils

Logically, I don't think the Flux Rifle should be a slash proc monster. It shoots a laser, which would cauterize any slash wounds.

Logic aside, making it a slash proc monster would certainly give it a strong niche, and make for a good upgrade.

EDIT: now that I think of it, the Flux rifle could be shooting a beam of plasma, but even that would cauterize a wound... I think.

Edited by Insizer

55 minutes ago, Insizer said:

Logically, I don't think the Flux Rifle should be a slash proc monster. It shoots a laser, which would cauterize any slash wounds.

The fact it does Slash has always been a head-scratcher for me. If anything, being a heat-based weapon would make far more sense. The Flux Rifle is a high-powered laser weapon and all, no? If so, it should be relying on intense heat for damage, with the beam burning through flesh and armor alike, and have considerably better range than it does at present.

On the topic of burning through things, it would be cool if the beam were able to punch through an enemy and strike anything behind - after overcoming any armor of course.

On 10/22/2016 at 1:32 PM, MirageKnight said:

The fact it does Slash has always been a head-scratcher for me. If anything, being a heat-based weapon would make far more sense. The Flux Rifle is a high-powered laser weapon and all, no? If so, it should be relying on intense heat for damage, with the beam burning through flesh and armor alike, and have considerably better range than it does at present.

On the topic of burning through things, it would be cool if the beam were able to punch through an enemy and strike anything behind - after overcoming any armor of course.

The slash is likely a throwback from when it was "serrated blade" damage that was armor ignoring and dealt 3X damage to infested.

Thing was a monster back then, would love to see it brought back to the front lines along with a bunch of other original clan tech.