Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Silva & Aegis, or Ack & Brunt

BaIthazar

I'm thinking of building 1 of the 2 sword&shield weapons..
opinions in Region chat are split and hard to follow.

I'm planning on using it for S***z and Gigglez, probably won't bring it for end game missions..

Which one do you guys suggest?

Silva looks cooler but I understand it deals less damage.
Ack looks ugly (opinion) but deals more damage..
any other factors you want to add are welcome

For actual use, hands down Ack & Brunt. With Final Harbinger it is a fantastic and fun weapon to use. Now that you can also place certain skins on it as well, no longer ugly, though I never found it that bad with the right coloring. 

For fashion frame, or low level trash mobs, Silva & Aegis is fine. Hopefully with the Sword and Board buff this will be improved.

Final Harbinger stance takes some getting used to, but it is amazing and super mobile.

i know i wont help much on this but build both and find the one you like better. A+B have pretty good damage, high enough crit to build for, and a weapon specific mod. S+A is flat fire damage so you have to build around that a bit, high enough status to build for it and looks beautiful

i don't know how true this may be but in the time I have been able to play warframe I find he Silva & aegis better in Pvp in comparison to Arc & blunt but at the same time the arc and Blunt is better in Pve.

I like the design of both of them but in actual cosmetical look or just plain appearance Silva & Aegis is more appealing to me.

If you have Final Harbinger, either one can be really powerful. Go with Ack&Brunt for raw damage or crits, and go with Silva&Aegis for status.

If you only have Eleventh Storm, I'd say A&B might be the better option. Since this stance attacks much slower that FH, it makes stacking status procs (S&A's forte) a much slower process, pushing A&B ahead a little more.

Seriously though, a Gas S&A with certain builds is really scary.

Edited by Vyrndragon
who was fone

3 minutes ago, Vyrndragon said:

If you have Final Harbinger, either one can be really powerful. Go with Ack&Brunt for raw damage or crits, and go with Silva&Aegis for status.

If you only have Eleventh Storm, I'd say A&B might be the better option. Since it attacks much slower that FH, it makes stacking status procs (S&A's f) .

Seriously  , a Gas S&A with certain builds is really scary.

What he said.

It's more of a question of whether you have the good stance or the bad one. FH make them both really strong and really fun.

As of right now, Ack & Brunt is the stronger of the two because crits are the meta. However, they're both being looked at supposedly for a buff because sword & board underperforms as a melee class. Check back after that happens.

If you don't care about having the best in class weapon, Silva & Aegis certainly looks cooler and with a Primed Fury and some dualstat mods, it can be a status powerhouse given it's a mono-elemental weapon. All down to taste, really. Though do endeavor to get the Final Harbinger stance if you can, it feels better in combat than Eleventh Storm in my opinion.

Ack and brunt IS IT , THAT THING SHREDS LVL 100s LIKE CHEESE ( im an ack and brunt fanboy)
Seriously tho , ack and brunt is the choice , it so good . it also has some nice skins

14 minutes ago, BaIthazar said:

I checked, and sadly I don't have Final Harbinger... but I guess that gives me a goal to play towards :P

Final Harbinger is a common drop from they feyarch specter so it shouldnt be hard to get ( i remember when it was a really low drop from the tyl regor manics aaah , memories )

2 minutes ago, (PS4)joe03827 said:

Ack and brunt IS IT , THAT THING SHREDS LVL 100s LIKE CHEESE ( im an ack and brunt fanboy)
Seriously tho , ack and brunt is the choice , it so good . it also has some nice skins

Final Harbinger is a common drop from they feyarch specter so it shouldnt be hard to get ( i remember when it was a really low drop from the tyl regor manics aaah , memories )

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Elctrcstel said:

its not terribly hard to get. it drops from the manics at the Tyl Regor fight and also from the Oberon spectre in the silver grove

ok cool.. but I already did the Silver Grove.
So I guess ima go shove a sword down Regors throat a couple times

1 minute ago, (PS4)joe03827 said:

You can summon the specters again by making the vial thingys and finding the shrine on earth

Just now, (PS4)Elctrcstel said:

You can farm the spectres if you keep making the apothics

which of the 3 apothics spawns the Oberon spectre