The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bard Warframe Speculation, Discussion and Feedback Thread

Zanoza-chan

Just now, Stoner74 said:

Ok. Forget the unserious part. Still this doesnt fit warframe. 

And now they've come to the point where they add DJ music in the game. At what point is this enough?

It fits in just fine. They are using it as a new way to customize the player's kit: the soundtrack you choose/create will impact how your powers function and will allow you to mutually impact allies who synchronize with you well. 

1 hour ago, Stoner74 said:

And now they've come to the point where they add DJ music in the game. At what point is this enough?

did you saw the last devstream where they showed a more traditional sample with ceremonial instruments and stuff like that? This sample is just one of the things that you can do with the sequencer.

Is like the fashion frame dude, is the same thing, some fashion frame their warframe in traditional way while others do it unserious and unfitting the warframe theme totally.

Bunny ears, Pumpking heads, mustaches, etc.

Edited by chofranc

I remember people really criticising Limbo for being too campy and silly in tone, but Bard-frame really pushes it to the next level. The dancing was waaaay too much.

I remember when she was first announced, a lot of people came to her defense saying that Bards can be cool, but  instead she's turning out even more ridiculous than I imagined.

4 minutes ago, Stoner74 said:

Why shouldn't they? Warframe is about player's choice, why should they be constrained only to traditional music? 

16 minutes ago, Stoner74 said:

I'm sorry, I really don't like where this is going and how "unserious" this game has become. 

Two words.

Space. Ninjas.

It wasn't really serious to begin with.

EDIT:

5 minutes ago, Stoner74 said:

They added fairies, a mummy, and the Infested. It will never be enough.

Edited by (PS4)LeBlingKing69

5 minutes ago, Imaru said:

It fits in just fine. They are using it as a new way to customize the player's kit: the soundtrack you choose/create will impact how your powers function and will allow you to mutually impact allies who synchronize with you well. 

I'm fine whit the powers and the overall concept. I just hate the fact they're adding some sound samples that do not fit the game at all.

4 minutes ago, chofranc said:

did you saw the last devstream where they showed a more traditional sample with ceremonial instruments and stuff like that? This sample is just one of the things that you can do with the sequencer.

Is like the fashion frame dude, is the same thing, some fashion frame their warframe in traditional way while others do it unserious and unfitting the warframe theme totally.

Bunny ears, Pumpking heads, mustaches, etc.

Yes I've seen it. It's fine. 

Bunny ears and stuff are all limited events. All the games do it. 

Edited by Stoner74

"campy and silly"

"My Warframe is strong."

"Alright, let's get to work!"

"DID YOU REALLY BELIEVE IT WOULD BE THIS EASY?!?"

"Nowhere left to hide...NOWHERE LEFT TO RUN!"

"So, the Corpus are just a cult, worshiping money?"

I might add campiness is sometimes subjective.  Not everyone would agree all of the above was campy or silly either.

1 hour ago, Stoner74 said:

Yes I've seen it. It's fine. 

Bunny ears and stuff are all limited events. All the games do it. 

Yhea, but although are temporary they aren't immersive, the bad fashion frame that other players do aren't immersive either and nobody complain about that, the point is that with the sequencer you can do traditional and untraditional and less immersive stuff like in the fashion frame.

This is almost the same as the sequencer example that they show in the twiteer.

Edited by chofranc

I do find it to be pushing the boundaries a bit too hard, yes. Though It does sound good, It doesn't really fit warframe's theme, disregarding whether or not it's serious. It would be better if it was something with more of an instrumental, serious tone, perhaps more like an orchestra, even then that's pushing it a bit.

18 minutes ago, Arceus255 said:

I do find it to be pushing the boundaries a bit too hard, yes. Though It does sound good, It doesn't really fit warframe's theme, disregarding whether or not it's serious. It would be better if it was something with more of an instrumental, serious tone, perhaps more like an orchestra, even then that's pushing it a bit.

This frame as a whole is pushing the limits. I was already a bit salty when they announced the next frame was going to be music themed. Now that they showed us what kind of music, this is horrible.

That doesn't fit Warframe. Not one bit.

To play devil's advocate here, George said

Sneak peek at the new Bard Frame's music sequencer... showing off one of the instrument sets that you will be able to load up!

Which could simply mean he's showing off what a very talented professional musician can do with the notes provided.  It isn't exactly clear that this 'sample' is a direct reflection of an actual preset sound pack designed specifically for the abilities.

Although if this is actually part of a sound pack for abilities, then yes, I agree I couldn't visualize this as part of a warframe ability being activated.  

I feel like there needs to be more clarification and detail before we start gathering pitchforks though.

I love the fact that Warframe isnt afraid to go with a less serious tone such as the Bard frame. Dont really understand why anyone has a problem with her being less serious. You all forgetting that Warframe is still a game. Have fun with it. Want a more serious game? Go to Destiny or GTA. Im hyped for this Bard frame. Dont care what shes about. Instant buy when she releases.

Edit: Also imma be very freaking upset if the Bard frame release with no dancing Emotes. 

Edited by (XB1)Cash201293

Do you really think a human culture exists without music? The Tenno and the Orokin undoubtedly enjoyed many styles of music just like every culture does. 

The sounds on that sample track are no different than things you hear in corpus tilesets. It's just arranged in a sequencer and pitched. There will be drums, there will be choral voices, there will probably be shamisen and erhu and other industrial sounds of tradition and modern flair because that's what all of Warframe's music has been consistently from the beginning.

Warframe, like all good settings, has a mix of serious and comedic/silly elements. It isn't one or the other and it never has been. If you're unable to suspend disbelief and enjoy the setting, that's your problem. But holy smokes she's not even released yet and people are getting so creative making up things to be upset about.

and something like this even-- bards and musicians have always had a place among combatants, armies, and war. The forms change (drummers,  horns, flutes and bells) but music and dancing is a traditional part of warfare-- solidifying morale among warriors, rhythm for physical movement and increasing heartrate/adrenaline, keeping pace and being connected with your comrades.

So yes, there is plenty of real cultural precedent to a bard accompanying warriors to the field and playing music during a fight

1 hour ago, Hypernaut1 said:

At this point I hope she's a badly designed frame so I'm not listening to pop music tunes every other mission.

Only thing that would be better id if one of her powers made enemies break out into coordinated dance moves like in that Michael Jackson Moonwalker game

I am surprised to say the least seeing that people are actually angry about the bard frame? Like seriously? I cant wait to get the frame and be creative with the music! :D i dont even care if the abilities are pretty much useless im just glad that the frame will be very unique and not like the others "press 4 to kill" i love having unique playstyle to the frames and being able to be more creative.

And YES a dance ability for the enemy xD just cause.

And why would you like to make it all serious? I mean it cant be fun if its strict and serious.

This will be a great thing to play around and have a blast,cant wait for it to get released.