Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A good silent secondary?

Flaming-EN-

Question

Hey,

I've always used the Despair when it came down to silent secondaries but I haven't forma'd it yet.  I'm wondering if I should just go ahead with that or should I look at other silent secondaries such as Hikou Prime and Spira Prime?  Any answers will be appreciated! :)

Thanks,

Flaming

Another one here to +1 for Hikou Prime and Rakta Ballistica.

Also +1's for Hushed Lex Prime and Staticor.

Both the lex prime and staticor are strong enough and easy to mod that I don't feel like you're really losing a lot off the weapon by giving over one mod slot to make them Silent.

Lex Prime is a great sniping weapon.

Staticor can both charge up and basically toss a grenade style (explosive aoe) shot and also put out a steady stream of damaging quick fire hits. Added benefit that while Staticor doesn't have the best long ranged attack compared to say the Lex Prime it also doesn't have the arcing shot fall off that the thrown weapons do either.

Hikou Prime is really fun to us, throws and reloads fast. Explosiveness, no explosives, good times either way.

Rakta Ballistica's charged shot is truly Silent, the not-charged shot is what I would call "semi-silent".  
- They don't break Ivara's Prowl but they do alert enemies in the same room just like normal non-silent gunfire would. I've tested this out and it is the weapon firing that does this, not an enemy seeing anything happening like a near miss or an ally getting killed in LoS. Putting a Hush mod on it fixes that and lets the "tap fire" be totally Silent as well.

So there's so room to work with on the Rakta. Don't put Hush and only use Charge shots to be Silent. Don't care about that part, don't hush and just fire away. It all works.

Cheers
~R~

For general use, Spira Prime is really amazing, especially if you have Primed Target Cracker/Pistol Gambit. Huge damage output, without the sluggish weightiness of vanilla Spira.

As far as I know Hikou Prime is generally most effective with Saryn Spore builds, so if that's your thing, definitely pick it up.

If you're tired of thrown weapon mechanics, I'd suggest looking at Rakta Ballistica. It's also silent and is great fun. The Syndicate proc sometimes ruins stealth runs, but it's not as bad as it used to be.

27 minutes ago, Flaming-EN- said:

Hey,

I've always used the Despair when it came down to silent secondaries but I haven't forma'd it yet.  I'm wondering if I should just go ahead with that or should I look at other silent secondaries such as Hikou Prime and Spira Prime?  Any answers will be appreciated! :)

Thanks,

Flaming

Personally, I just drop Hush on my Lex Prime in place of one of the element/status mods for stealth runs. Means I can Prowl my way through the mission and not have to worry about alerting enemies.

35 minutes ago, Flaming-EN- said:

Hey,

Thanks,

Flaming

have both maxed spira prime with 6 forma... good dmg very bad accuracy...i would go for hikou prime its really great silent wepon

A note: While Concealed Explosives is great on Hikou Prime for general use, it's bad for stealth. The damage dropoff means it'll barely scrape targets more than 2 meters away from the impact, alerting everything in the room.

If you're not strictly looking for weapons that suit the silenced theme, there's a silencer secondary mod. Rakta Ballistica w/ viral and fire-rate mods is also very nice, however its syndicate proc will mess up stealth. Restores a minimum of 25 energy per proc, though.

31 minutes ago, (XB1)TomTheImperator said:

i'd say stick with despair (I'm a personal lover of it also)

Sadly the Despair doesn't compare well to newer weapons of the same style (Hikou prime and Spira prime).  Seriously, I'd only rank it as the 4th best option behind both of the primes AND the regular Spira.

Poor despair... I've used it to slaughter lots of enemies but no longer.  The only reason to use it now is in a fashion frame Stalker theme load out.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Agent_CHAR said:

Sadly the Despair doesn't compare well to newer weapons of the same style (Hikou prime and Spira prime).  Seriously, I'd only rank it as the 4th best option behind both of the primes AND the regular Spira.

Poor despair... I've used it to slaughter lots of enemies but no longer.  The only reason to use it now is in a fashion frame Stalker theme load out.

yea i find it a bit sad that someone out there has farmed the heck out of stalker to get this, but later find out their spira they've built without farming that much outclasses it stat wise.

I really hope they buff despair a bit

Edited by (XB1)TomTheImperator

Pox is a silent secondary and thrown to boot.

100% status can be achieved and putting a few utility mods like Ammo Mutation on benefits it greatly. Along with elemental base damage and not stacked in an IPS  means you can capitalise on the status types.

Currently enjoying them, while aimgliding silently through the air and carpet bombing any enemy along the way :-)

I'm a big fan of Spira Prime (and the Day of the Dead skin for it is amazing). Has good damage and is very ammo efficient if you can aim. 

Hikou Prime is a good status weapon, and works well with a high fire rate with Concealed Explosives. Not a fan of it, though. Doesn't hit nearly as hard as Spira P does.

Pox is good. I don't like how it has very little ammo capacity. However, 100% status isn't a joke. It does its job well, for sure. 

Rakta Ballistica (never used it myself, but based on the stats) seems to do quite well. Charged shots for more damage and accuracy, with semi-auto for more rapid shooting. The normal Ballistica wasn't bad, so the Rakta can't be worse. Might be worth looking into. 

Despair, though, isn't actually very good for stuff you encounter later in the game. I'd strongly recommend swapping to something else suggested above.