The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested Frame Revealed at PAX Panel

RahuHordika

Sooo. Everyone loudly proclaiming a infested-warframe is impossible was flat-out wrong. 

Huh. Good one Steve.

And this can only.mean warframes and Infestation will get more closely linked in the future.

Infested door = warframe habitat? I wonder just how far into weird they are prepared to go.

While I'm loving the idea.

I thought Warframes were immune to Infestation?

Maybe this is hinting towards the fact that, our Warframes are immune to Infestation only because our Operators are inhabiting them, which makes sense lore-wise to me.

Also, he looks a little ... bland, I guess?

Looks a little too much like Ember and Excalibur to me. His abilities also seem pretty tame for an Infested Warframe. No transforming into a beast, or bigger and badder Infested? His 1 seems far too much like Frost's 2, his Ult makes me feel as if he's a some kind of mix between Vauban and Hydroid (please, no more A.I based Ultimates, DE, Atlas was bad enough), and his other abilities seem far too simplistic. 

I'm assuming he'll be a massive DoT Warframe, somewhat based around scaling Gas and Toxin Procs, kind of like Saryn. I'll reserve my judgement for now, yet to be honest, I'm not impressed with him so far ability or cosmetic wise. His colors are bland, he seems to be borrowing too much from the Infested (only his Ult is unique so far), and his basic appearance resembles otr Warframes far too much.

I don't know.

He just screams "boring" and "overly-complex" to me.

Edited by (XB1)Graysmog

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Graysmog said:

I thought Warframes were immune to Infestation?

Tenno is immune, warframe somehow has a strong connection to infestation as both Lephantis, Phorid and Jordas Golem confirmed it in game. Probably made by infestation flesh or something like Lephantis said.

3 hours ago, AM-Bunny said:

Intriguing from an aesthetic standpoint, but aesthetics can suck eggs if the Warframe doesn't have fresh, solid mechanics to back it up.

Feels like something they pulled from the Fan Concepts sub-forum.

Not particularly interested at this point.

Not nice of you AM, its fine how it is.

But with that being said, this has been confirmed in the https://www.twitch.tv/pax2/v/99052585

Are we going to expect a Overview?

1 hour ago, arch111 said:

Sooo. Everyone loudly proclaiming a infested-warframe is impossible was flat-out wrong. 

The last time I played, the forums were full of people claiming Valkyr Prime was impossible and against lore.

That seems to have changed.

4 hours ago, StarSnake said:

Coming before the bard frame?
This warframe doesn't seems to even have a 3D model complete like the bard frame.
Anyways, looks really great.

Well, they could have a 3D model of it already, but they just didn't want to reveal it.

Plus, the abilities seem more final than the abilities of whatever the bard frame could be.