The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested Frame Revealed at PAX Panel

RahuHordika

6 minutes ago, PapaFragolino said:

Saryn has a toxic theme, the new frame is somehow straight up infested.

"They keep attacking us, even though we are immune to the infestation." - The operator

Bio-Research lab shows the Tenno know how to tame the technocyte organism (Nano Spore description) to the point they can make safe (for them) weapons out of the samples they collect from them.

While the Infestation turned against the Orokin, it doesn't mean the entire technology was out of the Orokin's controll. The infestation could have been one out of several versions of the organism they lost controll over.

Neural Sentries in the void towers can take controll over Infested creatures.

Infested bosses remark the Warframe's are made of the same substance as they are. Meaning the Warframe's themself are possibly allready made of a different strain of Technocyte

The idea that a Frame can controll the Infested organism is neither farfetched nor really lore breaking.

Edited by Othergrunty

4 minutes ago, (XB1)Graysmog said:

What about her?

She's also sort of infested, spreading disease and infestation. She has aesthetics of infested.

4 minutes ago, PapaFragolino said:

"They keep attacking us, even though we are immune to the infestation." - The operator

That doesn't mean Orokin couldn't use the abilities of infested and parts of their bodies. Or something like "controlled infestation". "Infestation" is more than disease, it is a collective mind. So the immunity can mean that we couldn't get part of it.

So DE's take on the Typhus concept is finally on its way... I'm just surprised it took them this long. 

The only thing I really caution here is that everyone keep their hype levels to a minimum. It looks like they are definitely taking the popular Typhus concept as inspiration, but they will put their own mark on it. So we shouldn't expect it to be too close to the concept. 

3 minutes ago, BAY35 said:

And yet they won't make Typhus... :sadcry:

I think this pretty much IS supposed to be Typhus. Don't know if they will call him that or not... but I never expected them to really just make an infested frame like the Typhus concept. I expected them to make an infested frame with somewhat similar abilities and theme... they always put their own twist on fan concepts. Look at how far some of the other fan ideas changed before they reached the game. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

1 minute ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I think this pretty much IS supposed to be Typhus. Don't know if they will call him that or not... but I never expected them to really just make an infested frame like the Typhus concept. I expected them to make an infested frame with somewhat similar abilities and theme... they always put their own twist on fan concepts. Look at how far some of the other fan ideas changed before they reached the game. 

If that's the case, I'm DEEPLY disappointed. This looks like sh*t in comparison to Typhus. Plus isn't an infestation themed frame kinda lore-breaking?

Just now, BAY35 said:

If that's the case, I'm DEEPLY disappointed. This looks like sh*t in comparison to Typhus. Plus isn't an infestation themed frame kinda lore-breaking?

Typhus was always a little lore breaking in his own ways, but I'm not sure an "infested" frame is lore breaking either. We know infested tissue is involved with warframes, but I've never really been sure we can say that means that warframes are "infested" either. The infested will say we are the same flesh, but it is clear we are also somehow different from them, as we are outside of their hive mind -- something the infested mention along with being of our flesh, in their various dialogues. 

I am disappointed myself, but I have tempered my disappointed because, to be honest, I never expected them to make anything like actual Typhus concept. DE likes to use fan concepts, but they always seem to take a very general idea and not take a lot of the specifics. 

4 hours ago, hazerddex said:

warframe have been highly implied to be part infested go back and research your lore more 

... and?

Warframes are not Infested. They contain Technocyte, a biological metal. The Infested happen to be another form of Technocyte run amok, wherein it became an entirely new strain of Technocyte that acted more like a virus, or cancer. Which is why they are able to talk to us, they are a strain of Technocyte, but have become their own "race" of Technocyte. Saryn is essentially Ballas' way of fighting fire with fire, beating the Infested at their own game of sickness and plague. Her strain of Technocyte has not become Infested. Therefore, she isn't Infested. No Warframe shown until now has been.

This new Warframe is, which is odd considering the fact that our Operators say we are immune to it. Maybe we're only immune because our Operator is inside of our Warframe? 

Edited by (XB1)Graysmog

4 hours ago, texrei said:

She's also sort of infested, spreading disease and infestation. She has aesthetics of infested.

That doesn't mean Orokin couldn't use the abilities of infested and parts of their bodies. Or something like "controlled infestation". "Infestation" is more than disease, it is a collective mind. So the immunity can mean that we couldn't get part of it.

True, yet she's like Vauban. She's meant to be the ultimate anti-Infested Warframe, like how Vauban was meant to counter the Corpus. They look like said Factions to emphasize that point. That's all it is, in my opinion, an aesthetic choice.

I agree with your second point, to a degree. We do know Warframes are capable of producing "safe" variants of Infested Technocyte, like weapons and cosmetics. That does bring up whether or not we're capable of controlling Infested, or making it ourselves. I personally feel an empty Warframe got snared by Infested, mutated, then was taken over by us later. As while weapons are one thing, an entire Warframe with it's own Infested organisms under its control is another.

Looks ugly, in a good way. I always assumed the Technocyte virus was a hive collective composed of nanites that fuse with their hosts at the cellular level to trigger mutations and accelerated metabolism, altering the body chemistry to whatever suited the needs of the hive mind.

It would seem that lorewise this Warframe is able to override the grip of the collective consciousness of the Infested on the nano-virus and bend it to his will via Void energy. Thus, a new controlled strain deviating from the evolved Technocyte and Mutalist strains is born.

Gameplay-wise, his powers sound fun enough. A gross ice wave, a biological vortex, an umbilical cord, and a maggot mound. I am concerned that the maggots might be weak like the Brood Mother's babies, but as we know from experience, there is strength in overwhelming numbers for the Infested.