The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If You Could Reclaim All Of the Plat That You Regretfully Spent, How Much Plat Would That Be!?

(PSN)ThaHype1zReel

375:platinum: - Ash:
Hunted Manics for a month, couldn't get any of his parts.
Got my first 75% discount on plat, spent it on Ash. Played him a month.
Got bored. Now I'm drowning in Ash parts.

75:platinum: - Sydana (Vanquished Banner):
Bought it for Nekros. Realised i dislike capes.
And spamming despoil. Didn't touch both ever since.

75:platinum: - Smoke Colors:
Don't even remember why I bought it.
Can't really think of anything I would have used it for.

525:platinum: in Total + 4,99€ for a Liset Skin that turned out to look like garbage in-game.

Dear RNGesus, I have no idea how much that would be. I have at least a few of regrets when it comes to my looong stay in Warframe and the purchases I made in them. I have 3500+ hours in Warframe, so there's bound to be some regret somewhere in there (one regret being that insane amount of hours).

First of all, there's the few times where I bought plat without a discount coupon.
Then there's quite a lot of cosmetics that I wished I never bought, like for example the Hecate Syandana (regular version) and the Eos (regular) and Harkonar armor sets.
I also bought the Rhino Prime Access Pack (second pack), Prime Access being something I'm normally not a fan of. I love the Prime Accesoires though.
There was also this one time where I thought I'd be nice to a friend of mine and gifted him some plat, only for him to go MIA a few weeks after, never to be seen in Warframe again.
Oh yeah, and I've also bought quite a lot of Forma's back in the day, which in hindsight should have been gotten by just farming.

And that's just what I can remember from the top of my head.

Putting all that aside though, I am proud that I never once rushed a thing, and that I never once bought a Warframe or Weapon from the market (not even from a bundle or Darvo).

Edited by Zerathos_Dagon

roughly 28 plat.

Back when syndicate weapons came out I spent the better part of 3 hours sitting in trade chat trying to hawk off my only remaining allied weapon the Telos Boltor for my only missing enemy weapon the Sancti Tigris.  After sitting there for so long I stewing in worry that every Loka member had already spent all their rep for the week i finally offered both the Boltor and 20p for the Tigris,  

I got a trade offer almost immediately and after all that worry I wasn't about to pass it up, mind you this was the FIRST DAY that they had come out.  So yeah, in hindsight maybe I was a bit too worried.

Also I bought a Kubrow egg with one of the half off market coupons just before PC got Kavats, because I thought they would require Kubrow eggs to incubate like had been mentioned in their devstreams.

Starter plat (didn't really know what it was) + the plat for rushing one item. I don't regret rushing it per se, I just had to rush it because of another goof up that I made, but I do regret the goof up that warranted the rushing.

Other than that, I only buy slots, cosmetics, or items from other players with plat, so I never feel like I regret anything. Everything else is just overpriced. Well taters are reasonably priced too, but things get nerfed so willy-nilly by DE that I just don't buy taters because they could be a great investment today only to end up being a waste when I wake up tomorrow.

3 hours ago, (PS4)ThaHype1zReel said:

4      I bought Ivara for 325 plat because her components drop exclusively from Spy missions.  I hated Spy missions previously!  Ironically enough – now – solo’ing Spy missions with Ivara is my favorite thing to do in Warframe!

I don't see how this is an issue. You hate spy missions, but like them with Ivara, but you couldn't use her without doing spy missions without her, unless you spent the plat. Sounds like it was a good investment for you.

4 hours ago, achromos said:

After buying ALL the Prime Access packs and several 50%, 75% offs? 

0p

I have no regrets to my purchases because I work enough overtime and my bills are all payed I have no issue paying to make my life easier here or there as long as game content still keeps coming.

are you a wizard

3 hours ago, (PS4)Tactless_Ninja said:

The Valkitty skin. Said limited time and I assumed they meant it. A 75% off login coupon showed up right after I bought her and they announced it wasn't limited time anymore.

The Hunhow Pack. Seeing that sale hurt a lot. Armor is ok but everything else went unused.

Various holiday bundles I could have saved more plat if I actually bought the bundles instead of cherry picking.

So I dunno.....that would be 600 plat, maybe more?

"Said limited time and I assumed they meant it. A 75% off login coupon showed up right after I bought her and they announced it wasn't limited time anymore." Yikes!  I'd been pissed

27 minutes ago, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

Starter plat (didn't really know what it was) + the plat for rushing one item. I don't regret rushing it per se, I just had to rush it because of another goof up that I made, but I do regret the goof up that warranted the rushing.

Other than that, I only buy slots, cosmetics, or items from other players with plat, so I never feel like I regret anything. Everything else is just overpriced. Well taters are reasonably priced too, but things get nerfed so willy-nilly by DE that I just don't buy taters because they could be a great investment today only to end up being a waste when I wake up tomorrow.

I don't see how this is an issue. You hate spy missions, but like them with Ivara, but you couldn't use her without doing spy missions without her, unless you spent the plat. Sounds like it was a good investment for you.

"You hate spy missions, but like them with Ivara, but you couldn't use her without doing spy missions without her, unless you spent the plat. Sounds like it was a good investment for you." I didn't think of it in that context.  That's a sound argument!

Good thing it's so easy to make plat in Warframe:

400p for Mag Prime.  I knew i would never play her, it was just for completion.  Unvaulting was announced a month later.  i've sold two complete Mag sets for 100p since then.

100p for Orokin Cell blueprint.  I knew this was a bad purchase but I was drinking.  It depleted my junk resources so fast I only made 5 cells with it.  Then I got a Smeeta Kavat and can get 15 to 20 Orokin cells in a single farm.

150p for Tempo Royale.  Less than two weeks later, Baro had it.

Whatever I paid for Nezha from the market with a 50 percent off coupon.  (132p?)  At the time I thought I was never going to do sorties.  Now I do them every day and I've sold two or three complete sets.  Even if I was going to buy him, I should have done it on trade chat for 80p.

Things I don't regret that other people have mentioned:  

Ivara with a 50 percent off coupon:  I'm level 22 and to this day I still haven't found all the Ivara parts.

Hunhow's Gift:  the only cosmetics/syndana I've ever bought.  I finally got War BP last week.

Edited by (XB1)ThermalStone

I spent to the game roughly 17k plat and still left a little for save if needs / urgent the situation. I have no regret with these purchases because most of them spent on slots and potatoes and back in time I farmed a lot so I can finaly go without fear to play fun missions however I am not max ranked and there is a lot of content left. I like to achieve my goals slowly because that grant less burn. My only flaw to spend money on Nekros and Chroma but these purchases still was reasonable and I am enjoying them. Nowadays I have no luck with dc-s so I need to be fond how and where I spend.

Edited by Sziklamester

7 hours ago, ExzoSSG said:

I also regret buying the Caustacyst bundle because a day after I bought it DE nerf'd the weapon and now it's garbage. If only they would test their stuff out before adding it into the game instead of using us to test it for them, I would be 300p richer.

same here....same here

Eh, regrets tend to be temporary for me.  Main ones for me are buying Equinox, loads of Forma bundles (though I'll still buy those until I wind up with a gifted stockpile, lol), as well as buying resources occasionally to bypass farming.  Good idea at the time, massive regret later.  All in all, I'd say at least 450-550 plat.