Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The most sickening realization.

MrGambel

So I just was wrapping up my Exterminate mission, got my 79/79 kills and had missed one so I had to run back for him. On my long trip back to the extraction room I stopped in a side room for some loot, and in my lazy care I began to hack a terminal to reset the alarms. After the alarms reset I began back to my ship. However I began to realize how empty the ship was, my metal footsteps began to be the old sound you heard ringing down empty cold hallways. How twisted am I that I would force the next crew to boad this ship hoping to find friends or brothers in arms but they are greeted by nothing but cold silence till they began to find the corpses of there brothers strung all across thew ship. Had we left the alarm, when they boarded the alarms would tell them they were dead. If you silence the alarm at the end of your mission with nothing but bodies behind you, ... you are a sick and twisted one!

10 minutes ago, MrGambel said:

If you silence the alarm at the end of your mission with nothing but bodies behind you, ... you are a sick and twisted one!

good thing i dont silence the alarm then, otherwise i wont be able to sleep with all the people i killed

If you feel bad slaughtering aggressive clones of an oppressive empire.... you think they have such emotions?

If they had they would defect. Also, we are mercanaries and balance keepers, if you don't like blood on you hand you are in the wrong place.

want an even more sick twist to this? [SPOOOOOOOOOOOOILER WARNING] 

Spoiler

seriously, stop here if you have not yet played the second dream quest

Spoiler

we as operators are not anything more than children, and yet we have each slaughtered thousands of grineer and corpus (infested dont count, they are basically zombies)

6 minutes ago, Koloricsi said:

If you feel bad slaughtering aggressive clones of an oppressive empire.... you think they have such emotions?

If they had they would defect. Also, we are mercanaries and balance keepers, if you don't like blood on you hand you are in the wrong place.

They do defect. That's what some of the syndicates are. I'm pretty sure Steel Meridian are Grineer defectors.

4 minutes ago, Basqui said:

We have always been the bad guys.

There is no "good guys" nor "bad guys" in the Origin system. In this universe it's everyone for themselves--why is it surprising that the Tenno would act in their own best interest?

12 minutes ago, Angrados said:

There is no "good guys" nor "bad guys" in the Origin system. In this universe it's everyone for themselves--why is it surprising that the Tenno would act in their own best interest?

Except we don't even know what Tenno interests are. As far as we are concerned - all we do is fight for no particular of flashed-out reasons. Why? For what reasons? We hear so much of "balance" but the balance of what? What are consequences? Are we sure that we are helping?

I would love to see colonists talking their opinions on Tenno and their activity.

1 hour ago, MrGambel said:

So I just was wrapping up my Exterminate mission, got my 79/79 kills and had missed one so I had to run back for him. On my long trip back to the extraction room I stopped in a side room for some loot, and in my lazy care I began to hack a terminal to reset the alarms. After the alarms reset I began back to my ship. However I began to realize how empty the ship was, my metal footsteps began to be the old sound you heard ringing down empty cold hallways. How twisted am I that I would force the next crew to boad this ship hoping to find friends or brothers in arms but they are greeted by nothing but cold silence till they began to find the corpses of there brothers strung all across thew ship. Had we left the alarm, when they boarded the alarms would tell them they were dead. If you silence the alarm at the end of your mission with nothing but bodies behind you, ... you are a sick and twisted one!

Someone needs a psychiatrist.

I've been thinking about writing a bit of fan fiction on something along these lines.

A view/mission debriefing from a Steel Meridian operative from a syndicate mission, describe the Tennos (my tenno) blatant disregard for the lives of those around around him, be it friend or foe, along with the odd erratic behaviour, weird compulsion to open every locker and pick up anything not nailed to the floor. Also the mind boggling idea of telling one of the operatives to hold position and defend an area, then the Tenno proceeds to open a locker, grab a bunch of loot, and run along, leaving the poor Steel Meridian operative alone and abandoned on a hostile ship.

I am as much a villain as Vor or Alad, and I have only myself to blame.

5 minutes ago, LuckyCharm said:

I don't leave bodies. I cut them up first for more loot ^-^ So all the grineer have to do when they board that corpus ship is package up the meat for their hyekkas

Someone Plays, WAY TOO MUCH Nekros!

Love it

2 minutes ago, BenzinNinJa said:

I've been thinking about writing a bit of fan fiction on something along these lines.

A view/mission debriefing from a Steel Meridian operative from a syndicate mission, describe the Tennos (my tenno) blatant disregard for the lives of those around around him, be it friend or foe, along with the odd erratic behaviour, weird compulsion to open every locker and pick up anything not nailed to the floor. Also the mind boggling idea of telling one of the operatives to hold position and defend an area, then the Tenno proceeds to open a locker, grab a bunch of loot, and run along, leaving the poor Steel Meridian operative alone and abandoned on a hostile ship.

This would be cool, sounds like how maybe the stalker started to become the Stalker as the mental break down turned to Psychopathy. They slowly drifted away from themselves and felt like the emptiness of space was their only embrace. They only cared about themselves, the Tenno had become lazy and greedy with this Lotus watching over them, killing was easy, but it should never be a profit. They have turned from origins, I shall punish the Tenno and remind them the price of blood.

1 hour ago, MrGambel said:

How twisted am I that I would force the next crew to boad this ship hoping to find friends or brothers in arms but they are greeted by nothing but

It's okay, they will know not to expect that as soon as they don't get protocol responses to their docking request.

1 minute ago, MrGambel said:

This would be cool, sounds like how maybe the stalker started to become the Stalker as the mental break down turned to Psychopathy. They slowly drifted away from themselves and felt like the emptiness of space was their only embrace. They only cared about themselves, the Tenno had become lazy and greedy with this Lotus watching over them, killing was easy, but it should never be a profit. They have turned from origins, I shall punish the Tenno and remind them the price of blood.

That's way darker than what I was thinking.
I was more thinking about doing it in a humorous way by exposing and exaggerating the absurdity of it all

15 minutes ago, BenzinNinJa said:

I wrote something similar to that once. Not quite as cynical though, but it still had the "we are vicious bloodthirsty monsters manipulated by uncaring players"

43 minutes ago, Artek94 said:

Except we don't even know what Tenno interests are. As far as we are concerned - all we do is fight for no particular of flashed-out reasons. Why? For what reasons? We hear so much of "balance" but the balance of what? What are consequences? Are we sure that we are helping?

I would love to see colonists talking their opinions on Tenno and their activity.

The colonists would probably praise us as guardian angels, given we are given NUMEROUS indications that we are balancing somewhere on the "altruistic" end

"Rescue (Alert) - Abducted Civilian - [Node, Planet]" for example

45 minutes ago, BenzinNinJa said:

That's way darker than what I was thinking.
I was more thinking about doing it in a humorous way by exposing and exaggerating the absurdity of it all

If you show and give them a darker side, it makes their lighter side mean more.