Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoiler] Dev Workshop: New Mods Part 2!

[DE]Rebecca

10 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

We switched to a static Mod system in Update 7, and now 12 Major Updates later we are revisiting the concept with completely different intentions: an End-Game option rather than the only path. 

Thanks for reading, stay tuned for more updates!

Im still waiting for the so called "End game" where is it?

RNG  stats + RNG resources+RNG mod acquisittion will not solve anything and will only destroy any chance of having a balanced and fun "END GAME", something that warframe still doesn´t have....

so yeah if you want to empower less useful weapons just buff them and give them some actually good mods with interesting traits and one extra slot if needed, something more than the crappy extra damage+extra crit+extra crit meta riven mods  damage we got now , that turns every weapon into the same copy pasta cliche ...

Edited by minidelight

Hi, I like the idea behind riven mods but not the implementation. Too RNG heavy. I have a few questions.

1) Will there be a more reliable way of getting riven mods, like a weekly mission similar to ayatan and clem? Right now I have to rely on sorties RNG and while I did get one on the first day its been back to the usual lenses and 2k endo (maybe replace 2k endo with 4k kuva as a reward).

2) Will there be an increase in riven mod slots because right now its just primary weapons but once secondaries, melee, frames, pets, sentinel, archwing, arch-weapons riven mods arrive 15 slots won't be enough no matter how you look at it. I think the limit has to be removed all together.

3) Once riven mods for other stuff arrive will you at least let us choose the category (primary, secondary, etc)?

4) Will you let us lock in stats we like before reroll so we don't loose the good ones in the process? Right now its too much of a gamble.

I would like to know DEs stance on how they said months ago about implementing Damage 3.0 that would remove "mandatory" mods yet now they are increasing the amount due to the Riven mods that increase base damage. Also if DE still plans to implement Damage 3.0 how will it impact these mods that increase damage?

10 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Accessing Kuva Siphons is being experimented with to not be a random chance in a tileset, but rather a guaranteed spawn on planets when the Fortress is in the vicinity (like Fomorians and Negators) with a possible cooldown. To be determined!

I alot of good stuff on the horizon and I like this detail the best, for the sort of dynamic it can breathe into the Star Chart.

And overall, wanna say thank you devs!

All these changes seems amazing except one thing, please dont add a cooldown to kuva siphons, no one likes that knida farm-blocking system, let us actively farm kuva instead of waiting for a cooldown. I would suggest a guaranteed spawn near the kuva fortress, but lower the amount of kuva gained, and maybe incorporate a feature that lets u gain extra kuva based on guardian kills or some other objective?

The Riven mod concept, as a whole, is completely flawed and doesn't actually address the main issue at hand.

Even if you successfully implement a tiered system where the older, underused rifles get superior Rivens compared to the current meta, all you've done is successfully add another mandatory mod into the equation. Is it safe to say that you've therefore abandoned the Damage 3.0 concept and reworking of mandatory mods? 

11 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

In fact RNG Mods used to be the only type of Mod you could find for Upgrading your gear. We switched to a static Mod system in Update 7,

And that was the reason why I stopped playing this game back in the day. I hope your new system won't be painfull to live with, I like this game too much but I hate that type of RNG.

41 minutes ago, Neear said:

I would like to know DEs stance on how they said months ago about implementing Damage 3.0 that would remove "mandatory" mods yet now they are increasing the amount due to the Riven mods that increase base damage. Also if DE still plans to implement Damage 3.0 how will it impact these mods that increase damage?

The Riven mod stats vary wildly, so it has nothing to do with mandatory mods such as Serration and Split chamber, reason why those 2 will get removed and Riven Mods get to stay. It's not like every Riven mod has the exact same stats and in every build it's mandatory to use that EXACT riven mod like it is with Serration/Split chamber.

2 minutes ago, AreWeHuman said:

Care to elaborate on the reasoning behind making something so volatile and experimental tradable?

I believe they intended them to be tradeable, and this was part of testing that as well, so they can fine tune things to adjust prices.

Basically they get feedback from the trades that occur and will most likely increase the likeness of players getting what they wish without platinum because most players are willing to pay 50-200 plat for a strong piece of equipment for the endgame but not 1000+ as some of these mods will undoubtedly become with the odds of actually getting a good one.

11 hours ago, Phatose said:

Anything being talked about on the side of making them more obtainable, or able to change what weapon they're for?

Got one for the Daikyu - which I detest.  And trying to get another mod is frustrating, to say the least, with the low chance and one roll per day sortie only acquisition method.

Totally what makes me feel bad about those

I'm ok with random stats. I'm even ok with random weapon. I also really like the proposed changes so far. I would however like more changes. I know it's early days and I am happy to wait while these things are ironed out. I do have the below suggestions though:

Riven Mods needs a more reliable way to acquire them, such as a weekly quest as someone else already mentioned. Having so many random factors in play is not much fun. Some random is good, and can inject new life into a game, but too much random only achieves frustration. I don't think riven mods should only be aquired via sorties. There needs to be somoe other (guaranteed) way to get them. Seeing as there is a cap of 15 riven mods, I see no reason to make them that difficult to get. I understand the logic that this limit encourages creativity, but I don't understand why they are so frustratingly hard to acquire. There is a limit on the quantity and no control over the quality, so they should be a lot easier to acquire in my opinion.

Another thing I would really like to see added to the Riven mods roll table are effects that are not simple stat boosts, such as life steal, energy regen, affitnity boosts, sprint speed buffs, ammo regen on kill, etc. I am sure there are a lot of effects that could be added to the riven mods, which would make them a lot more interesting to use in my opinion.

Overall, I like the Riven mods and I look forward to seeing how this new mod system progresses.

Edited by Rin01

Good start, but we still need the ability to lock stats that we want, the big issue is the giant RNG with no control from the player part what so ever, if you dont fix that you may aswell just trow rivens in the trash.

I wont use it, and certainly wont spend any plat on a marked that YOU GUYS inflated intentionally.

Edited by CarameIIo

12 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

- You will only have to Unveil a Riven Mod one time: on first discovery.
- When Cycling a Riven with Kuva, you can now choose to "Accept" or "Decline" a Cycle result.
- Kuva Cycling costs have been reduced significantly.

Would the cycling cost still increase if we "Decline" a Cycle result?

I'm really glad to see that you guys are so fast to respond to player concerns and so fast to implement changes.

Really glad to hear as well that retard proof weapons (tonkor/ soma/ boltor/ etc.) wont scale as high as weapons that I personally feel needed these mods more, but I think maybe allowing a player to lock in a spesific stat (damage/ crit chance, maybe only one stat for now to see where its going) with kuva (the price should be really high seeing as how your eliminating a stat to be rerolled into one that you dont want) before cycling the other stat rolls. This helps players find and tune the mod to their build or allow them to create a build around the newly revealed mod. RNG is a cancer, please don't treat the riven mod rerolls by exposing it to even more cancer.

The idea on the siphons appearing on a planet that the fortress is orbeting is really good and unique, but please dear God don't lock players out of the mission after a certain amount of runs, kuva is a permanent resource and time gate-ing it only creates frustrations, kuva is NOT an event spesific resource and therfore should not be treated as such (like my personal hated Nitain alert bullS#&$).

I hope you guys read this and at least take it into consideration the changes that I (and many others) are asking for.

Edited by theRBfool

Bad mods for good weapons

Bad weapons for good mods 

So essentially you could have just buffed the underpowered weapons and saved us the trouble of having to farm these mods that roll random stats just for you to nerf them on any gun you deem "good" 

To be clear I do NOT think they are balanced now I just think we should get universal stat range rng mods while buffing alot of the unique style old underpowered weapons. 

Edited by (XB1)Ph4nt0mL0rdX