Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframes

Mosper

Question

12 answers to this question

Uhh, okay.

• Mag suits me best.  She has a simple play style and pleasing aesthetics.  
  • Frost is good for team play and solo, due to his Snow Globe as well as Avalanche (immob + armor strip)
  • Vauban is your standard CC caster and god in most situations, especially against melee types.
  • Banshee is good team support, amazing CC in two of her abilities, great damage buff in the other, and due to one of her augments, her first ability is quite nice against Grineer.
  • Nekros.  Erm.  Personally, I only use him for looting but I have seen some amazing Nekros players that focus on Shadows of the Dead and Terrify. 

I like Rhino and Saryn most, myself. Iron Skin makes just playing to chill way easier, and Saryn's just pleasing to look at with some cool abilities, and neither of them rely on their abilities too much, as they have decently good armor, shield and health stats.

Frost is also pretty good, but I've stopped using him so much because he's kinda hard to color nicely.

Vauban's sitting unused in my arsenal, and I don't care for Nekros or Banshee to get them.

Personally, I am a huge fan of Ember.  She can dish out insane amounts of damage and destruction with relative ease up until really high levels.  She's also super simple to play, which is great if you're just learning the game.

She also makes the Ignis completely viable.

Other than that, i don't really have an opinion on the Warframes you asked to mention as I rarely, if ever, play them.

Sorry...

Frost-One of my favorite frames, fun to slow enemies with ice wave, with enough range, you can freeze a good chunk of enemies, and his globe gives him and his team more survivability

Banshee-Never tried her but ive heard shes a good damage and CC frame

Vauban -I think he would pretty fun and good at CC

Nekros- no opinion

Personally ash and frost are my favorites. Ash when Im just playing warframe for fun or if im doing mot and frost for the same occasions

Oberon suits me best, because of his versatility. I normally keep enemies knocked down, and perform ground finishers on them (using Dark Split Sword), and heal everyone at the same time. I could go on all day about him.

Of those other 2 warframes, I've really only used 2. (Actually 3, but I never did testing with Mag.) Vauban is one of my least favorites. I only found one good way to use him, and it was really boring. The only abilities of his I think are good are his third and fourth. I know of people who use him well, so I don't wanna completely discourage you. Frost, on the other hand, I dislike even more, but see him as far more useful. One of my clan mates, who loves Frost as much as I love Oberon, has one of the best builds I've ever seen. Not just one of the best Frost builds, but one of the most effective warframe builds I've seen overall (when included with the right loadout, at least). If you're gonna use Frost, please just be mindful of your teammates. Blocking shots with Snow Globe and lowering DPS with Avalanche are things that happen.

Frost is great for all sorts of missions and his Snow Globe is great when you need to defend a target.  I think he's a great generalist especially after the rework a while back, but too often people only uses his globe.  Don't forget that his 1 can pop the globe.  You'll need to be strategic about placing globes because it can be a hindrance to the team.

Banshee is great support frame and her damage multiplier ability is always appreciated.  She's not a very popular frame and I tend to see her in very few situations.  One of the problems I see with her is that she's extremely squishy.  

Vauban is great for crowd control and his bounce pad is excellent for trolling players. XD  He's a bit squishy, but that's why you need to use his crowd control abilities and good weapons to stay alive.

I'm seeing more Nekros after his rework because with his Shadow of the Dead augment he's surprisingly tanky.  It's also nice that he's no longer just a loot bot.  I don't really play him much, but I think he needs some specialized mods and a bunch of formas to make him reach his potential.

As for frames that suit me, I prefer generalists whose abilities are all useful in many situations, who can be used in teams or solo.  My current go to frames are Excalibur, Volt, Frost, and Nezha, but I do use other frames too depending on what's needed or on my mood.  I've been looking at Mirage, Saryn, and Equinox more closely lately.

Warframes, weapons, and functions:

Excalibur: For when missions require all to be silenced, and then diced.

Spoiler

Excalibur with pseudo-starter setup (Braton, Lex, Nikana primes). Intended as a self-limiter on missions I know I can do without issue.

Excalibur with Target-hunter setup (Tigris, Akstiletto, Nikana primes). Intended to hunt and maybe accidentally kill targets. Setup used on missions with foes that take ages to kill.

Excalibur with pseudo-Stalker setup (Dread, Despair, Hate/War). Intended to mimic the Stalker, but without an Acolyte's helm, this is impossible.

Excalibur with 'anti'-Stalker setup (Paris, Spira, Reaper/Galatine primes). Intended to mimic the Stalker, in cold and gold.

Status: Deployed against Sentient Fighters, which fail to adapt to an Exalted Blade or being blinded.

Chroma: For missions that require a deployable emergency defense mechanism, and where Chroma is viable.

Spoiler

Chroma with 'classic' setup (Tiberon, Hikou Prime and Nikana Prime). Primary weapon matches depiction of Chroma.

Chroma with 'Sentient Warrior' setup (Tiberon, Akstiletto Prime, War). Used when clad in Pakal armour.

Status: Awaiting purpose. Currently, Chroma is more of a cosmetic frame than an actually purposeful frame.

Atlas: For missions where defense can be minimal.

Spoiler

[No specific setups].

Rhino Prime: For when the foe is durable, but not too durable.

Spoiler

Setup: Soma/Tigris Prime, Akstiletto/Lex Prime, Scindo/Galatine Prime or War.

Inaros: The King, the saviour, the -technically- unstoppable tsunami of sand.

Spoiler

Inaros with Target hunter setup (derivation: melee is any staff weapon, like Orthos Prime, Lesion, or Caustacyst). 

Inaros with Sand-Kuva Guardian setup (Zarr, Twin Rogga, and Kesheg when it's built - Broken Scepter is placeholding). Demolish the foe. Bury it all in the sand. The sands of Inaros.

Inaros with Sentient Warrior setup (derivation: Dread supplants Tiberon, War is preferred melee).

Inaros with 'anti'-Stalker setup.

Status: Is utilized quite often to engage enemies in Sorties or Nightmares, where death is all but inevitable for all.

Nekros Prime: For when you need an army to cover your everywhere.

Spoiler

Nekros Prime with Target Hunter setup (derivation: Galatine Prime as melee).

Nekros Prime with Primed Classic setup (Soma, Lex, Reaper Primes). Intended for missions where extermination is required, but enemies don't soak up the entire clip.

Status: Deployed when spook is needed to scare enemies, and in some cases, Sentient Fighter Drones.

Frames who don't have specific setups, or aren't commonly used as of this moment:

Spoiler

Ash Prime (often takes Vectis, Akstiletto, Nikana primes), Loki Prime (exception: some missions where one must be agile and unseen), Wukong (exception: Mission where energy is viable to sustain pseudo-indefinite life), Volt Prime, Limbo (levelled, unused), Titania (levelled, liked, unused), Vauban Prime (exception: missions where opposition immobility is preferred or required. Takes Akstiletto and Fragor Primes with him).

That may change erratically depending on requirements.

Summary:

Spoiler

Inaros with Zarr. Try it out. Survive the destructive satisfaction and feast on the remains.

Spoiler

Or feed yourself the foe.