Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr Prime design lore discussion

Cyborg-Rox

Before The Second Dream, the Operator's believed they were the Warframes they were controlling. I believe it states somewhere that the Operator feels the trauma that the Warframe goes through, so for instance; if the Warframe gets shot, the Operator feels it.

This could explain the process that Valkyr goes through while being tortured by Alad-V. Also, this could explain the confusion that Rhino has when he was awakened in his codex entry.

11 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

As we all have seen in the Second Dream Quest when we are in the hands of the Stalker in our orbiter, our Warframe breaks the sword on his own.

More likely story:  Our operators were tapping in to the powers of the void that Teshin hints we all have.  The warframe was NOT acting with its own sentience, the warframe was responding to the subconscious direction of our operator, who, on the verge of death, was able to initiate transference remotely, just as we all can do after War Within.

It's very important to remember that the wiki CONTAINS canon information, but the wiki also contains user-added speculation.  If it is not in the codex, and you can't prove it is from a Dev Stream or Q&A, then you have to mentally categorize EVERYTHING you read as "maybe".  The wiki lore section starts off with "The following article/section is conjecture. Content is subjected to change/removal as the game progresses".

Of course, on retrospect, this means that Valkyr now conflicts with Canon, as Canon lore states that the original Valkyr was experimented upon, so it would be impossible for the Orokin Era Valkyr Prime to have the same powers as the current Valkyr, who's powers are a result of the rage of being tortured by Alad.

Unless... Alad V is an original Orokin human, and experimented on Valkyr Prime countless years ago, and only RECENTLY used that knowledge on the Zanuka Project.

13 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

Interesting theory Jake. I'm now upset with you because you are making me think about this more than I wanted to. Lol. :D

Sorry about that, in that case don't ask me about our 'Beloved' Lotus I've got some thoughts about her purpose :D

As for Valkyr what if the orginals are not dead and Valkyr in the codex could have been the orginal and escaped to wherever but after the "shockwave" that changed the abilites to rage rather than say cat-like agility or the utimate spy (rip-line may be a pre-Alad power)  and the primes are not the first ones I'm talking about but simply improved frame "puppets" i.e. more advance cloning.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-

okay.  I promised myself I wouldn't get into more threads like these especially about valkyr.

So I won't touch on valkyr.

OP it at this time can be reasonably assumed that warframes themselves are living things.  They are some what sentient.

someone else can go pull the lore and explain it for you.  Just know that as it stands right now DE can really go either way with what warframes exactly are.  and no one has the actual answer yet.

1 hour ago, Hellnar_Doombringer said:

does nobody around here read the Codex Entry of Rhino Prime ? Warframes are sentient things yet wild if i may say. But when they link with the operator or sense them they become docile.

My theory takes that into account by saying what if that was the first Rhino with the Tenno fused into it, or if it was a clone it was one that was not linked to a operation and broken lose.

27 minutes ago, JakeTrans said:

My theory takes that into account by saying what if that was the first Rhino with the Tenno fused into it, or if it was a clone it was one that was not linked to a operation and broken lose.

Don't think so because those Corpus scientists had no idea about what was the reason Rhino Prime went insane. They didn't know Tenno and Frames had some kind of links between each other and Operator was not awake at the moment when Rhino prime went berserk , killed bunch of Corpus and ate them... I think the whole event was just a Coincidence.

• 1 month later...

My theory is that Valkyr prime we tortured by the Orokin (too rebel maybe). Saved by fellow Tenno and so Gersemi was born. Then Alad V came along and his torture was what triggered Gersemi's memories going back to Valkyr now. Kinda tragic for her. Never escaped.

On 1/8/2017 at 8:31 AM, Hellnar_Doombringer said:

does nobody around here read the Codex Entry of Rhino Prime ? Warframes are sentient things yet wild if i may say. But when they link with the operator or sense them they become docile.

Sorry for my Engrish ^^

There's no indication the frame/thing described in Rhino Prime's entry is autonomous.  For all we know, an operator could be controlling it.

17 minutes ago, kgptzac said:

There's no indication the frame/thing described in Rhino Prime's entry is autonomous.  For all we know, an operator could be controlling it.

It is implied that they get the Rhino to chase them to the Operator storage area where the Warframe is taken over by an Operator, which is why it does not kill and eat the scientists.

Just now, Domesticon said:

It is implied that they get the Rhino to chase them to the Operator storage area where the Warframe is taken over by an Operator, which is why it does not kill and eat the scientists.

There is a simpler explanation: The operator behind that rhino prime went badsht crazy after the scientists inflicted a lot of pain (and god know what other sensations) on it.  He became more conscious as the warframe got physically closer to the tenno's body.  Conjecturing that warframes have a conscious of their own, apart from their linked tenno, is going too far, since none of the lore pieces I've read have solid leads into that direction.

Hm a friend of mine and i had a discussion about this a few days and what he said made sense after thinking about it. He said that the Valkyr that we play as in the beginning isn't a modified version of the Gersemi skin, but a Corpus version built from the ground up with the data of the original Valkyr which is the Gersemi Valkyr skin.

Tho that's all he said about it. Here's my own 2 cents on it.

Valkyr hadn't been built yet when she was first taken by the corpus, they just had all the research needed to build their own which is what they did, the original Valkyr what we see as the Gersemi skin is what she was intended to look like and was then built after all the research had to be done again by scratch while the corpus finished building the first Valkyr which we know as the tortured warframe. The torture could also be worked into this as it could've been done via experiments done on her body and mind. 

Then again that doesn't really explain how the very first version of her (that being the prime) is still based of the corpus version...man you're right, her story has just been retconned.

But in my mind my version of the story makes at least a bit more sense in terms of lore. But whatever that's just my 2 cents.

1 hour ago, Shad0wWatcher said:

Hm a friend of mine and i had a discussion about this a few days and what he said made sense after thinking about it. He said that the Valkyr that we play as in the beginning isn't a modified version of the Gersemi skin, but a Corpus version built from the ground up with the data of the original Valkyr which is the Gersemi Valkyr skin.

Tho that's all he said about it. Here's my own 2 cents on it.

Valkyr hadn't been built yet when she was first taken by the corpus, they just had all the research needed to build their own which is what they did, the original Valkyr what we see as the Gersemi skin is what she was intended to look like and was then built after all the research had to be done again by scratch while the corpus finished building the first Valkyr which we know as the tortured warframe. The torture could also be worked into this as it could've been done via experiments done on her body and mind. 

Then again that doesn't really explain how the very first version of her (that being the prime) is still based of the corpus version...man you're right, her story has just been retconned.

But in my mind my version of the story makes at least a bit more sense in terms of lore. But whatever that's just my 2 cents.

Right. But all that can be dismissed by what we already know. Valkyr(Gersemi or whatever) was captured by Alad V. He then experimented on her which expanded the Corpus' knowledge of Tenno and their warframes then took her apart and built Zanuka. You can hear him talk about the tenno in the second dream. He knows what's inside warframes. 

I've not seen an explanation that fits with everything we already know. If there was I don't remember. 

That'll be interesting to see what DE come up with. I feel like I'm gonna be disappointed nonetheless. 

1 minute ago, Stoner74 said:

Right. But all that can be dismissed by what we already know. Valkyr(Gersemi or whatever) was captured by Alad V. He then experimented on her which expanded the Corpus' knowledge of Tenno and their warframes then took her apart and built Zanuka. You can hear him talk about the tenno in the second dream. He knows what's inside warframes. 

I've not seen an explanation that fits with everything we already know. If there was I don't remember. 

That'll be interesting to see what DE come up with. I feel like I'm gonna be disappointed nonetheless. 

Yeah...but then again we've seen that Alad V also took an Excalibur and took him apart so he could've been referring to him.  Also disappointment only comes from hype and expectations my friend. Expect nothing, desire nothing, that way no matter what they come up with, you'll get the full whammy.

15 hours ago, Shad0wWatcher said:

Yeah...but then again we've seen that Alad V also took an Excalibur and took him apart so he could've been referring to him.  Also disappointment only comes from hype and expectations my friend. Expect nothing, desire nothing, that way no matter what they come up with, you'll get the full whammy.

May be true. I expected so much from her prime, to finally get this. 

And even if Salad deconstructed an Excalibur the point still stands. Valk was captured and experimented on. 

• 3 weeks later...

My take after the in-game quest claims that Alad V was/is involved even back in Prolonged days.

Gersemi was 1st followed by Valkyr Prime and then Valkyr (vanilla/normal) (Kind-of like Proto Excalibur(Hayden), then Excalibur Prime)*

Would sort-of explain no wings on Valkyr Prime like on Gersemi and the Orokin Bond Gauntlets

Could be that Gersemi Valkyr was the inspiration for Corpus Bi-pedal MOAS, Hyena Pack and also Zanuka. Corpus copying Orokin plans.

(Seeing how some of the Prime weapons were Orokin Ornamental variants .. it could be a possibility that we received the Orokin Ornamental Valkyr Prime variant)

The only thing that doesn't make sense with Gersemi vs Valkyr and Valkyr Prime is that Gersemi Valkyr still plays Audible screams on ability cast. Shouldn't Gersemi Valkyr not scream?

(Like How Loki Prime decoy has Lex Prime or NYX Chaos varies visual with NYX Prime or Nemesis skin)

On 3/9/2017 at 1:46 AM, (PS4)MrNishi said:

Could be that Gersemi Valkyr was the inspiration for Corpus Bi-pedal MOAS, Hyena Pack and also Zanuka. Corpus copying Orokin plans.

No, Zanuka was made from warframes Alad captured. He wanted to channel warframes abilities through a proxy to help fight off the grineer.

On 3/9/2017 at 1:46 AM, (PS4)MrNishi said:

The only thing that doesn't make sense with Gersemi vs Valkyr and Valkyr Prime is that Gersemi Valkyr still plays Audible screams on ability cast. Shouldn't Gersemi Valkyr not scream?

Yes, another thing that doesn't make sense. It's easily explained though; laziness. Oh and cashgrab, leading to lack of time. 

Edited by Stoner74

And... Obviously, the trailer didn't fix much. I'm kinda surprised. I thought this was the main reason why DE created another Valkyr p trailer. 

There's still no explanation as to why she has corpus restraints, no explanation as to why she uses her default tortures-by-the-corpus skin. 

*Insert huge facepalm here*

Edited by Stoner74

1 hour ago, Stoner74 said:

And... Obviously, the trailer didn't fix much. I'm kinda surprised. I thought this was the main reason why DE created another Valkyr p trailer. 

There's still no explanation as to why she has corpus restraints, no explanation as to why she uses her default tortures-by-the-corpus skin. 

*Insert huge facepalm here*

Well do we really know those are restraints? We assume they are restraints because they are jammed into her arms. But nothing on the metal parts actualy looks like it could have held her arms in place. The metalic side has no cracked surfaces or scratched bits. There is also the fact that they actualy work into her Hysteria powers. Working like some form of energy vents.

So they look more like crude implants than restraints. Heck the "bonds" look more like power cables than anything meant to keep her from moving.

Looking at Valkyr Prime where she has similar "gauntlets" which are more carefully crafted onto the arms, it makes the regular versions "restraints" look like crude immitiations.

Additional the neck thing doesn't look like a restraint either. More like some implanted scanner device. Which also somewhat fits into her 2nd alt helmet that has power cables dangling from it.

With these crude implants and all the "scanner" bits and pieces on her body. She has a bit of a cybernetic experiment look to her.

Maybe we should take a step back, forget all the pet theories we had established over the past 3+ years and look at her as if we see her and the other 2 variants for the first time.

Edited by Othergrunty

18 minutes ago, Othergrunty said:

Well do we really know those are restraints? We assume they are restraints because they are jammed into her arms. But nothing on the metal parts actualy looks like it could have held her arms in place. The metalic side has no cracked surfaces or scratched bits. There is also the fact that they actualy work into her Hysteria powers. Working like some form of energy vents.

We assume they are restraints because 1: they look corpus and 2: Gersemi doesnt have them nor need them while still using the same powers.

19 minutes ago, Othergrunty said:

So they look more like crude implants than restraints. Heck the "bonds" look more like power cables than anything meant to keep her from moving.

Those have been confirmed corpus restraints for a long time. "Remnants of the bonds that restrained the original Valkyr during her time in 'the lab'. A reminder to never forget the torment.". And yet, they were primed. 

21 minutes ago, Othergrunty said:

Maybe we should take a step back, forget all the pet theories we had established over the past 3+ years and look at her as if we see her and the other 2 variants for the first time.

What theories? I definitively won't forget the lore that kept me into this game for 3 years. Why forget something because it is wrong? Bending ourselves to the will of DE just because their sh!t doesn't make sense? No..