Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream #83 Overview.

[DE]Taylor

17 hours ago, [DE]Taylor said:

Part of this is because of the cap on how many Rivens you can have at one time (to encourage use, prevent hoarding, etc.). Hopefully the changes to Endo and Sorties will make it a little easier to acquire them. 

Then why not limit them to 1 to 2 PER WEAPON instead of total? A 15 limit is not going to encourage people to try out underused weapons, it is going to cause them to just get Rivens for their current arsenal, especially if the Riven system is expanded to include all weapon types.

On 11/18/2016 at 5:27 PM, [DE]Taylor said:

We’ll be looking into self-damage on weapons in 2017.

Dont nerf the tonkor. 

What is it with DE and launcher weapons? You killed the torid for like year. Then you switched the ammo pick ups cause complains which did NOTHING but make people use Vac more and ammo restores.

unless you are going to lessen it for all weapons, dont do anything,

Edited by Mak_Gohae

3 hours ago, Mak_Gohae said:

Dont nerf the tonkor. 

What is it with DE and launcher weapons? You killed the torid for like year. Then you switched the ammo pick ups cause complains which did NOTHING make people use Vac more and ammo restores.

unless you are going to lessen it for all weapons, dont do anything,

...when did they say they were nerfing the Tonkor?

Jumping to conclusions much?

15 hours ago, LIKE_A_PR3DAT0R said:
  •  And what about the other rewards? orokin reactor, catalyst and legendary core... it's like these three do not really exist on the reward system....

with the Sheldon idea pratically we have this : day1: 2k endo , day2: 4k endo, day3: lens , day4: endo etc....  at the end we will always take endo from reward(is not bad considering that we need it, however, there are 7 reward not only 4)... so is better do a compromise from the 2k and 4k endo and put only 1 endo reward and put an option that not allow to take the same reward of the previous day, in this way we can take different reward every day...

There is no confirmation that it will actually be limited to Lenses and Riven Mods - those two were just specifically mentioned by Sheldon, but I don't know if he actually meant only those two options. With all the other rewards possible from Sorties, I would assume that this pool would be bigger than just those 2.

But again, this was just discussion of possible changes; the intention of this tweak is a movement away from players getting tons of Endo rewards in a row, not giving people a better chance at Rivens/Lenses specifically.

In that regard, I wouldn't focus on that particular point, but rather what it is that Sheldon is aiming for. I can reword the overview on Monday to better reflect this.

Edited by [DE]Taylor
cannot words

6 hours ago, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

Then why not limit them to 1 to 2 PER WEAPON instead of total? A 15 limit is not going to encourage people to try out underused weapons, it is going to cause them to just get Rivens for their current arsenal, especially if the Riven system is expanded to include all weapon types.

agree on this one, everybody looking for their weapons mods  only  and  highest demanding as far i can see is ZARR and cernos hardly see 1 or 2 ppl looking for  old weapon riven mods  

16 hours ago, LIKE_A_PR3DAT0R said:

so is better do a compromise from the 2k and 4k endo and put only 1 endo reward

I had the idea where they have a single endo reward in the list but the amount is randomized, the base being either 2k or 4k plus an additional random amount.

Something like 2000 + random(2000) where its weighted towards the middle with either extreme being rarer, so one day you get 2392 endo, the next 6031.

It takes up one slot in the rewards pool but the resulting amount is different each time.

This is how you have a "variety of endo rewards" as mentioned by a dev in some patch note or other.  Merely offering two static amounts isn't exactly a variety.

4 hours ago, [DE]Taylor said:

There is no confirmation that it will actually be limited to Lenses and Riven Mods - those two were just specifically mentioned by Sheldon, but I don't know if he actually meant only those two options. With all the other rewards possible from Sorties, I would assume that this pool would be bigger than just those 2.

But again, this was just discussion of possible changes; the intention of this tweak is a movement away from players getting tons of Endo rewards in a row, not giving people a better chance at Rivens/Lenses specifically.

In that regard, I wouldn't focus on that particular point, but rather what it is that Sheldon is aiming for. I can reword the overview on Monday to better reflect this.

Good info, so less a better rewards and rather getting less endo. Well either way, I hope it works out to make sorties worth running.

On 19/11/2016 at 10:26 PM, [DE]Taylor said:

the intention of this tweak is a movement away from players getting tons of Endo rewards in a row,

I'd like the tweek to effect all rewards myself. Ive got lenses for my last 3 rewards, and none for my actual school XD. I do need endo though.....

I'd also like to say that getting Endo from Sorties doesn't bother me. It's the most consistent source of high-Endo/low time investment missions in the game, given how swingy the RNG on things like Excavations can be. The reward I'd actually like removed from Sorties are the Lenses, which could be shifted to Alerts or Invasions like the event weapon components.

Personally the ideal to me would be if the third day was an Endo reward 2K Endo is automatically upgraded to 4K and if the fourth day would also be Endo then have the option between a Riven and 4K Endo.

Riven Mods and Primed Cryo Rounds did a real number on my Endo reserves. I know other players have voiced annoyance with "only" getting Endo but for some of us that's not just fine but what we actually want.

Granted I'd be happier if it was upgraded to 5K/10K Endo too but I realise that's unlikely to happen.