Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream #83 Overview.

[DE]Taylor

Hey Tenno!

The War Within is out on PC, which means it’s time to talk about everything that went into releasing this monumental update. During Devstream #83, we discussed the quest and update in-depth, so if you want to avoid any spoilers, I have listed all the important non-spoiler information down below. 

If spoilers aren’t your concern, get ready for an awesome look at behind-the-scenes footage/images of what exactly went into this update. You can get all the details (including developer reactions and commentary) live during the stream, or you can read all about it in our overview

===

Non-spoilers from the Overview in the spoilers below:

Spoiler

Housekeeping:

• A 24-hour Gift of the Lotus Alert is live on all platforms.
  • There is no solid date for The War Within Console build, but we’re aiming for December.
  • Nekros Prime Access is ending on Tuesday (November 22nd), and will be replaced by… Valkyr Prime!
  • The War Within is replayable on PC!

Coming Changes:

• Sheldon is looking into limiting the number of times you can get Endo as a reward from Sorties. A possible change is reducing the reward pool to either Lenses or Riven Mods after you receive Endo twice in a row.
  • We are looking into the ability to create Customizable Obstacle Courses in your Dojo (thanks to our Australian Tenno for the emphasis on demand!)
  • The Bladestorm Rework (and Ash Deluxe Skin) should hopefully be out next week on PC, we just need to do more testing before we can confidently release it.
  • Eric has been adding the Volumetric Lighting changes from The War Within to existing tilesets, the first of which will be the Shipyard on Sedna. See for yourself. 

Other Tidbits:

• At the time of writing: expect the Infested Warframe this year, and the Bard Warframe in 2017. 
  • There are no mustaches this month for Movember, as we have moved our charity initiative to December this year.
  • We are talking about Sentient and Umbra content, but that is all we will say about it – we’ll tell you more when we are more confident in our progress.  
  • Corpus and Grineer Spear Guns are coming, with no set date.
  • We’ll be looking into self-damage on weapons in 2017.
  • A bigger look at the Tenno as a people (not just your personal Operator) is a possibility in future updates. 
Edited by [DE]Taylor
added info about the Bard and Infested Warframe

So the devstream was... okay. It just mainly talked about riven mods and how much effort they put into TWW.

Just... the problem is that there's some of us out there who don't even have the chance to properly play it because bug:

Any confirmation about why this is a thing or if it will be fixed?

Will there be any plans to give Riven mods from another means of acquisition? Sorties are a turn off, since they can't be repeated for another roll of the dice. It's a total lock out for 24 hours, just for another chance.

Edited by ChasePanic

1 minute ago, ChasePanic said:

Will there be any plans to give Riven mods from another means of acquisition? Sorties are a turn off, since they can't be repeated for another roll of the dice. It's a total lock out for 24 hours, just for another chance.

There are no plans at the moment from what I understand.

Part of this is because of the cap on how many Rivens you can have at one time (to encourage use, prevent hoarding, etc.). Hopefully the changes to Endo and Sorties will make it a little easier to acquire them. 

5 minutes ago, remsellis said:

All of the Kuva Fortress nodes are marked as "archwing", but none of them actually have archwing mode in them. Will this change? Will there be an archwing node?

TWW Spoilers:

Spoiler

It's probably because of the Archwing sections within The War Within questline. Technically, there is an archwing mode in the Kuva Fortress. It being marked as such after you have finished the quest might be an oversight, or that integration might still exist for future missions. I don't know at the moment. 

3 minutes ago, [DE]Taylor said:

There are no plans at the moment from what I understand.

Part of this is because of the cap on how many Rivens you can have at one time (to encourage use, prevent hoarding, etc.). Hopefully the changes to Endo and Sorties will make it a little easier to acquire them. 

Could we ever get them as a Gift From The Lotus?

:o

Edited by Naith

Was there anything about when will the Infested/Bard frame will be released? As told in the past (if i remember correctly) Bard frame should be out at the end of 2016 but now the infested frame is announced too & comes before the Bard frame so... What are the plans?

2 minutes ago, [DE]Taylor said:

Doubtful, as they are supposed to be high-level content. They require a minimum MR of 8, so it's not fair to the rest of the players.

Ah, right, of course. Forgot about that and how it'd lock players out. Oh well!

6 minutes ago, [DE]Taylor said:

Doubtful, as they are supposed to be high-level content. They require a minimum MR of 8, so it's not fair to the rest of the players.

What about Baro, when he's on Pluto?

...I got 6 dollars and a leftover slice of Pizza. Is that enough of a bribe to make it happen?

12 minutes ago, Dygor said:

Was there anything about when will the Infested/Bard frame will be released? As told in the past (if i remember correctly) Bard frame should be out at the end of 2016 but now the infested frame is announced too & comes before the Bard frame so... What are the plans?

Whooops. It's in the overview, just not in the non-spoilers section of this thread. 

I've added it there now:

• At the time of writing: expect the Infested Warframe this year, and the Bard Warframe in 2017. 

copy and paste what i wrote in the other devstream topic 

@[DE]Taylor  i think this will be a better idea, tbh 

"Talking about the Endo sortie reward , why not put a single Endo reward ike 3000 endo? I think it would be better, we now have 7 awards, but realistically speaking we always get the 4 usual things, 2/4k endo, lens or riven mod....

stupid idea, why not put a wheel of fortune at the end of the sortie? maybe this will give us a chance to get a orokin catalyst / reactor or a legendary core.."

Sheldon is looking into limiting the number of times you can get Endo as a reward from Sorties. A possible change is reducing the reward pool to either Lenses or Riven Mods after you receive Endo twice in a row.

And what about the other rewards? orokin reactor, catalyst and legendary core... it's like these three do not really exist on the reward system....

with the Sheldon idea pratically we have this : day1: 2k endo , day2: 4k endo, day3: lens , day4: endo etc....  at the end we will always take endo from reward(is not bad considering that we need it, however, there are 7 reward not only 4)... so is better do a compromise from the 2k and 4k endo and put only 1 endo reward and put an option that not allow to take the same reward of the previous day, in this way we can take different reward every day...

This would be a great time to actually implement a token system for sorties.

Simple way off the top of my head is (each tier unlocking the next as usual):
Tier 1 awards 20 "tokens" per time played
Tier 2 awards 30 "tokens" per time played
Tier 3 awards 50 "tokens" (this will hit your cap anyway)
Cap daily earnings to 100 "tokens" (essentially what you get now), but have no storage cap.

Sure this seems odd but if a player only likes the tier one they would need to play 5 tier one missions, or they prefer tier two, just the tier one and 3 more tier two, alternatively if they like tier three they only need to play each tier the once, like they do now.

Some spit-ball costs for rewards (just a concept):
200 Endo - 10 "tokens"
Exilus mod Blueprint - 500 "tokens"
Normal Lens - 100 "tokens"
Greater Lens - 400 "tokens"
Legendary Core - 3000 "tokens"
Orokin Catalyst Blueprint - 1000 "tokens"
Orokin Reactor Blueprint - 1000 "tokens"
Riven Mod - 300 "tokens"

Essentially each of the rewards trickles down to one day per 100 points to get something (presuming they try to get all of them).  
For example a player could get endo or a normal lens every day, a greater lens every 4 days, potatoes every 10 days or a legendary core once a month, if they saved up all their "tokens" (whatever they get called).

The low cost on endo could mean a player can buy a few endo each day but still save some for the bigger items as well, should they want those too.

Edited by Loswaith
clarifications