Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Cernos Prime?

(PSN)lhbuch

Very little makes logical sense concerning DE's decision making since a couple of months. Cernos P is a perfect example and so was Tigris P.

Daikyu or Attica would have been good choices as people have already pointed out alas someone at DE thinks differently. 

55 minutes ago, ToXxy145 said:

Remember, you brought up the slam attacks and Nightwatch, not me. Anyhow, last I checked, Prime weapons have far superior stats to their standard counterparts. I just find it amusing that you expect poor performance from a Prime based on the standard one. It will be the best claw weapon up to date regardless, and certainly a good weapon, if not on par with some other Primes.

Obviously you either were not around for or forgot about the spira prime release. They (DE) had to buff them after release because the regular version was way better.

59 minutes ago, White_Matter said:

Exactly. Cernos has a syndicate alternative. If this is a sidegrade than a direct upgrade, it will be a huge waste.

Daikyu on the otherhand needs some love.

Tigris has a syndicate sidegrade too, and there it is, one of the best end game weapons ever released..

30 minutes ago, Z_Caronte_Z said:

I just hope that the stats I saw for the Cernos in a fandom page are not real, because that would easily become a mastery fodder...I'm assuming we will have a surprise after (or with its release)

Who knows, the Cernos Prime is an MR8 weapon. No clue if this will be changed and it'll be boosted to MR13. If so, would be nice to see its stats compete with the Rakta Cernos.

If not, at least compete with the Dread in terms of performance.

2 hours ago, Kethus said:

Because sheathed it looks like wings and goes well with the source of Valkyr's name. 

Only fault with this theory is that there's no connection between valkyries and wings. They rode horses to battles and could pick and choose who would fall in battle and then retrieved them back to Valhalla. A part of their role was to serve drinks to fallen soldiers.

Wings are more of a christian/angelic thing. Nordic mythology is overall a lot less 'holy'. But who knows what DE has been picking up if this is a theory that is going on on the forums seeing as I've seen it in other Valkyr/Cernos threads.

13 minutes ago, Loviam said:

This 

Is not possible.  Daikyu is tenno tech not a reverse engineer of orokin tech

nb4 Community backlash for your comment:

Any tech that the Tenno create are on the basis of Orokin tech, therefore any Tenno tech has the possibility for having a Primed version during the Orokin era.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

Liset Prime skin, some Primed Operator Suit, 30 Air Support Charges, plat, boosters.

Joy.:awkward:

Um...I've never used any type of air support or any ship other than my liset.

If the liset prime skin isn't unbelievably awesome, that won't sway me.

However, the operator deluxe skin...DE!!!! A pox on you for tempting me to drink this Kuva!

*Hits [DE]Steve in the face with his 3-forma Corrosive/Blast Pox-sack and runs away as it explodes*

6 hours ago, (PS4)lhbuch said:

Is there any specific reason why Cernos got Primed together with Valkyr? I mean Cernos already has a very good syndicate version and Venka makes absolutely sense but Cernos...

In my opinion it is because it makes her look better than she is, a lot of people use cernos for looks, it looks like spikes on your back.

6 hours ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

Um...I've never used any type of air support or any ship other than my liset.

If the liset prime skin isn't unbelievably awesome, that won't sway me.

However, the operator deluxe skin...DE!!!! A pox on you for tempting me to drink this Kuva!

*Hits [DE]Steve in the face with his 3-forma Corrosive/Blast Pox-sack and runs away as it explodes*

3 people.

all using xiphos.

a good 200 air charges.

gas city dark sector defense on jupitor.

place turrets in unreachable areas where they see entire map.

voila! You now can go as long as possible, in an hour and a half you'll have 30 untouchable turrets shooting anything that moves.

i suggest bringing a trinity.

9 hours ago, wargthewarg said:

Only fault with this theory is that there's no connection between valkyries and wings. They rode horses to battles and could pick and choose who would fall in battle and then retrieved them back to Valhalla. A part of their role was to serve drinks to fallen soldiers.

Wings are more of a christian/angelic thing. Nordic mythology is overall a lot less 'holy'. But who knows what DE has been picking up if this is a theory that is going on on the forums seeing as I've seen it in other Valkyr/Cernos threads.

Ignoring the fact, that in modern culture valkyrs are often displayed with wings. Go some thousand years in the future, and valkyrs may only be remembered having wings (What are those "horses" things you mentioned, anyway? Some kind of kubrow?)