Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

ask yourself: why do you want/need the best possible Gear ?

Vicious_Vipa

I have min/maxed every single of my frames and weapons.
And while I am already able to do everything in this game, I am now even striving after these Riven Mods...

but why?

to be honest:  I cannot rationally answer this question because I'd be powerful enough to do a 4th, 5th or 6th,.....sortie  which don't even exist !

So why?

I guess for me it is 2 things:
1.) I am still expecting and hoping that the developers will finally give us difficult missions.  
And by "difficult" I don't mean getting one-shottted, not even being able to engage enemies (like the space ninjas we were advertised to be) - always having to keep them crowd-controlled.

2.) it lies in my nature to optimize and maximise the things I use - no matter if in games or in real life.

I am interested in hearing your reasons,   or possibly you don't care about min/maxing your gear ?

Thanks.

EDIT:  so there is nobody else here who wants to get more difficult content in order to finally use all the stuff we have been farming for properly?

Edited by Vicious_Vipa

I just use what I want. If I build something and it turns and that I don't like it, even if it's OP as hell, I sell it.

And that makes me kinda sad because Karak is awesome as hell but damn useless at the same time.

And my only riven mod is like +9 dmg against corpus for Latron Tiberon. And I don't even have a Latron! Tiberon!

Edited by o0Despair0o
Typo, wrong weapon lol

7 minutes ago, o0Despair0o said:

I just use what I want. If I build something and it turns and that I don't like it, even if it's OP as hell, I sell it.

And that makes me kinda sad because Karak is awesome as hell but damn useless at the same time.

exactly!!    I gave my Simulor Riven mod away to a friend (on the first day when these weren't nerfed yet)  because I hate inaccurate and cheesy weapons.

I love the Karak and the idea of getting a Riven mod for it.

But still I want to boost those weapons I like and use to their maximum potential - even though it is not needed for the level of difficulty.

I've got two reasons as well.

1. To get the grind behind me and focus my attention on things that are actually fun. Acquiring more powerful gear provides zero entertainment of satisfaction, only the sense "relief" of not having to worry about it anymore.

2. To make absolutely sure that I'm on equal power levels with my team mates and that if I underperform, it's not because of some arbitrary number but my own lack of skill or experience.

Besides the first one(because I didn't know what it was) I haven't unveiled a single Riven mod I've gotten so far and don't plan to waste my time with that system until a meta has formed around the stats and people have figured out which stat combinations on each weapon are objectively superior to everything else. Then it'll be time to start acquiring those specific combinations, which will take an ungodly amount of time. With the Riven limit I'll have to restrict myself to meta weapons(the meta that will develop, anyway). We'll see what the projected time to acquire meta Rivens will be once people take off their power creep glasses.

In Germany we say:   "Ein gutes Pferd springt nur so hoch, wie es muss"

which would roughly translate with:    " You don't have to use a sledgehammer to kill a fly"
and exactly translates with: " A good horse jumps only as high as it has to"

But I personally only use my sledgehammer for all these flies in this game.

While I'd like to have a real challenge.

Edited by Vicious_Vipa

For me it's a forced habit of years of playing MMOs. In all games I've seen so far, people expect and demand it of you in any kind of content above average. In many cases, your non-optimised gear will do the job just as well but somewhat slower and thus you're "dragging the team down". You will either get insulted or outright kicked out of the group. It's a rather tragic social phenomenon, It also includes builds, classes/frames and so on.

In Warframe, for me, except the mentioned habit, it's also the fact that on higher levels, it's a simple matter of either I one-shot an anemy (preferably a group) or I am going to get one-shotted. I'd happily run around with lower tier weapons if it didn't drasticly decrease my chances of surviving. Yhis also includes warframes themselves *coughbansheecough*

I also like to feel powerful :P

Edited by Lijka

I have always worked on a balance between min/max and preference. I'll take the gear I want to use in the way i want to use it and find the best build that'll work for me in that manner.

For the most part they sync up well, but it would be nice to have something harder to work towards.

Honestly, I would rather enemies scale up in health/armor shields and stop scaling their damage up after a certain point. As others have said, it's amazing to one-shot a level 100 Heavy Gunner. But at those levels everything one shots us as well which just turns into a spam fest and forces people to use certain frames. With enemies that have good damage, but much better survivability we'd have use for our insane Frame/weapon damage so it will slow things down a bit, but not leave us running and crying in the corner from the scorpion that one-shots an Inaros (ok, it happened ONE time!).

1 hour ago, (PS4)maso_sage-mode said:

you can oneshot everything on the map with a lato fully modded. enought power isnt enough! lemme nuke the galaxy mate

I have a 6 forma Lato, and sadly it can't one shot much, especially when it comes to the Grineer.

I occasionally bring my 7 forma MK1-Braton, 6 forma Lato, and 2 forma Skana to sorties, and I have to tell you: I can barely kill anything.

Collecting new and interesting Warframes/weapons/mods etc and min-maxing them and/or optimizing them for certain tasks is pretty much the only endgame goal in the game. Once you've done everything else you are interested in doing, collecting/optimizing and raising your MR are pretty much all that is left.

Of course, we naturally want to collect better stuff, and that bit of power creep is the backbone of the the F2P model. Riven mods are a fairly lazy/easy way to keep this cycle going, but the long term effects are still up in the air.

tl;dr: we're all in the Skinner Box, and it's possibly getting worse before it gets better.

Edited by Dizzle22