Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

ask yourself: why do you want/need the best possible Gear ?

Vicious_Vipa

It's the same conundrum in every game.

When you're learning the game, there's a stream of new things you have to adapt to, practice, learn, that keeps your mind on fire and addicted.  You aim towards min-maxing gear, you have stuff to work towards, skills to learn, combos to learn, etc.

Some games have an "endgame" where the capped gear matches capped content.  And that works pretty well if the missions or "dungeons" or whatever are complex and interesting - but again, only so long as you're learning, once you know everything the enjoyment diminishes.

Once you've learnt everything there is to learn, the only thing that keeps you in a game is the people you enjoy hanging out with, the broader community you're part of, and the enjoyment of using well-practiced skills - there's always that incremental edge of perfection, running into a new room and doing everything as efficiently and elegantly as possible, etc.

This game really needs an endgame now, really, really badly.  Intense grouped gameplay in which you barely survive, etc.  Ripping out endless was a big risk, and I'm not sure it's actually paying off this time for DE.  I understand why they did it - endless was skewing the way people build their frames and weapons, and it must have been annoying for DE to watch that happening.  But they have to replace it with something that's equivalently intense for the discerning Tenno who has everything.  I really hope they have something up their sleeve that's going to be as camaraderie-building and community-binding as endless was.

2 minutes ago, Omnimorph said:

This game really needs an endgame now, really, really badly.  Intense grouped gameplay in which you barely survive, etc.  Ripping out endless was a big risk, and I'm not sure it's actually paying off this time for DE.  I understand why they did it - endless was skewing the way people build their frames and weapons, and it must have been annoying for DE to watch that happening.  But they have to replace it with something that's equivalently intense for the discerning Tenno who has everything.  I really hope they have something up their sleeve that's going to be as camaraderie-building and community-binding as endless was.

Well, thank god DE is steering away from raid type content since it's hopelessly underplayed, one of the reasons being that being one shot doesn't provide any entertaining challenge whatsoever. Cranking up enemy levels and their damage, like in every game, is the cheapest, most dull way to force people onto a gear treadmill. Kuva Guardians are more fun to fight than a level 200 bombard that needs to be CC'd 100%. The fact that almost every game out there regards one shotting enemies with 30 trillion hp as endgame doesn't mean it's good endgame. Good endgame doesn't have to involve higher level enemies at all.

26 minutes ago, Omnimorph said:

This game really needs an endgame now, really, really badly.  Intense grouped gameplay in which you barely survive, etc.

I agree, but I don't want anything like raids or some other mode with BS puzzles and failure states (beyond squad/objective death). Prefect example is Spy sorties. I run them solo, because other players are a huge potential liability, there are too many failure states that kill the whole mission. That is not fun.

But, I'm someone who loved the old Void/Endless, so I am probably not the target audience any more.

I've said for a long time I want sorties expanded into a full fledged end-game mode, beyond the 3 daily missions. 

5 minutes ago, (PS4)BigVinZ007 said:

The way everybody posting they like to be OP makes me think this game will never be saved. 

#ForeverDoomedWF

I spend every single moment I am not gaming being ridiculously UNDER-powered. Let me have my escape from reality, you can go be leet and tough and all that crap IRL.

46 minutes ago, Omnimorph said:

This game really needs an endgame now, really, really badly.  Intense grouped gameplay in which you barely survive, etc.  Ripping out endless was a big risk, and I'm not sure it's actually paying off this time for DE. 

I don't mean to be off-topic, but technically with the new Relic changes, we do have Endless again. I ran a couple a few days ago, and it was pretty fun. Or as fun as Endless ever was.

On-topic - so I can get better gear.

Well when I get killed many times by doing operator only mission, I would like to have something that allows me to rage kill enemies. Being efficient with missions and also some random hidden mini boss comes along I do not have to be afraid as much when I face him.

If this game had more stealth aspects, non lethal take downs, or a system that did not prioritize the mass murdering of anything for materials then I would probably put all my efforts into NOT killing things as often.

However it does not. 

I always mod for efficiency,. however for guns that means damage. some use other mechanics like status, but crit or pure damage builds are usualy what I end up doing. Riven mods dont help this much, but I haven't found any good ones. Been loveing the Zar however. dont need to wast space on reload time mods.

Edited by Fluff-E-Kitty

Beyond just the sheer appeal of more power, seeing as this is a multi-player game you also want to always feel like you are contributing or useful in group endeavors, perhaps even feel like you are contributing the most, if you aren't using the strongest weapons then that isn't likely to happen because surely someone else if not everyone else, will. 

So its a mixture of power fantasy and competitiveness. 

2 hours ago, ChasePanic said:

I want to be the very best, like no one ever was. To build them is my real test, to forma is my cause.

I will travel across the starchart, searching far and wide. Each weapon to understand, the cheese that's inside!

2 hours ago, Vicious_Vipa said:

EDIT:  so there is nobody else here who wants to get more difficult content in order to finally use all the stuff we have been farming for properly?

No.

Aside from a few people, a lot of folk love being able to plow through mobs. Then you have those of us that haven't farmed all those mods so don't have OP loadouts. Level 40 is the highest I can go before I stop doing damage. Then you have new players that would probably leave if they spent most of their time dead. 

Challenging games aren't all that popular. People keep mentioning Demons/Dark Souls or Bloodborne when talking about popular challenging games but the problem is they weren't big sellers. "Hardcore" gaming is incredibly niche now.

The harder content gets made, the less people bother with it which means the less money the developers or publishers of that game make.

Warframe has always been a pretty laid back game difficulty wise. To start ramping it up now would drive away a lot of players and a lot of DE's income. 

Adding more high level stuff like Sorties would be one way to go as long as they left everything else alone. 

I would say more raids but hardly anyone does them. 

2 hours ago, Vicious_Vipa said:

I have min/maxed every single of my frames and weapons.
And while I am already able to do everything in this game, I am now even striving after these Riven Mods...

but why?

to be honest:  I cannot rationally answer this question because I'd be powerful enough to do a 4th, 5th or 6th,.....sortie  which don't even exist !

So why?

I guess for me it is 2 things:
1.) I am still expecting and hoping that the developers will finally give us difficult missions.  
And by "difficult" I don't mean getting one-shottted, not even being able to engage enemies (like the space ninjas we were advertised to be) - always having to keep them crowd-controlled.

2.) it lies in my nature to optimize and maximise the things I use - no matter if in games or in real life.

I am interested in hearing your reasons,   or possibly you don't care about min/maxing your gear ?

Thanks.

EDIT:  so there is nobody else here who wants to get more difficult content in order to finally use all the stuff we have been farming for properly?

This post is dangerous. Because the whole concept of the game is simply getting more gear after quests... Shhhhh

I strive to improve my equipment to the point where I can actually put a dent in level 40+ enemies.

But the biggest problem is always that there comes a point where performance and appeal become mutually exclusive. For example, my Braton Prime will never be as good as my friend's Boltor Prime, but his Boltor Prime will never be as appealing to me as my Braton Prime.

I ask myself and the answer will always be the same for any game I play " I hate wasting time  on bs." I want the most powerfull gear and frames weapons etc that will make me play as efficiently as possible  whether I want to go 5 mins or 5 hrs there shouldn't be any bs in between hindering my progress. especially if it's implemented to appease the whiners and weak gamers>> there is a reason hardcores always tell them " git gud"

Edited by ranks21

I don't care to have super ultra powerful weapons.  I had tons of fun running a sabotage on Saturn using a Stradovar with serration, split chamber, corrosive mix of two elem/status mods, and fast hands.  The damage output was just perfect.  Enemies took a few hits with only the Bombards/Napalms feeling spongy, but not too spongy.

I do wish utility mods weren't a joke though.  Kinda need more than +30% magazine capacity for my Lex Prime here.  Trying to make a Lato MKII with it and I'm already eating plenty of mod slots on just increasing fire rate, reload speed and recoil reduction.