Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lore question...

(XBOX)TwitchyTwigger

14 minutes ago, (XB1)TwitchyTwigger said:

If the orokin made the first warframes, (the primes) how do nonprimes exist? because there's no way the orokins would settle for anything less then all that gold!

Primes  = Orokin made pieces of ingenuity and strength

Non-Primes = Tenno knock offs of Primes that were mass produced to fight in war

and you can also reverse engineer things to see how they tick. ask Salad V about his Zanuka Project

27 minutes ago, Minion135 said:

I always imagined that the non-Primes came first, then once they had a baseline they refined them into "Prime" versions.

The word "Prime" actually means " first in order of time, existence, or development; earliest; primitive" according to the dictionary.

just a heads up.

Edited by (PS4)Riko_113
elaboration

58 minutes ago, (PS4)Riko_113 said:

The word "Prime" actually means " first in order of time, existence, or development; earliest; primitive" according to the dictionary.

just a heads up.

The word's meaning is irrelevant, in this case. There have been lore indicators that the Primes were not the first iterations of frames or weapons.

The Prime stuff is actually Orokin tech.

The non-Prime stuff seems to be Tenno reverse engineered due lack of Orokin tech to repair/build frames. Mass production here wouldn't be a factor, it'd be more about lack of resources, knowledge and skill.

Edited by NightmareT12

Just now, NightmareT12 said:

The Prime stuff is actually Orokin tech.

The non-Prime stuff seems to be Tenno reverse engineered due lack of Orokin tech to repair/build frames.

There are non-Primes that pre-date the modern era (such as Chroma, Mirage, and Limbo). We also know that the original Excalibur was not a Prime.

Discovering the precise nature of this recently uncovered armored prototype has proved elusive. Initial attempts at dating point to ancient origins, perhaps even predating Orokin Empire. - Excal Proto armor description.

2 minutes ago, shadowfire380 said:

Don't several of weapons state that they were mass produced versions?

I would give examples but I can't remember off the top of my head.

Except for the Braton which states that it's for Corpus use, I don't really recall about mass production. Reverse engineering I do recall.

1 minute ago, Minion135 said:

There are non-Primes that pre-date the modern era (such as Chroma, Mirage, and Limbo). We also know that the original Excalibur was not a Prime.

Discovering the precise nature of this recently uncovered armored prototype has proved elusive. Initial attempts at dating point to ancient origins, perhaps even predating Orokin Empire. - Excal Proto armor description.

What. And I said as the war progressed, not that they would be from today.

The idea is basically:

-Warframes are produced on Lua, Origin System.

-Tenno traverse to Tau Ceti.

-Pew pew pew, patches, patches, patches.

-Tenno won't be able to return until the war's done, so they keep fighting building stuff as they can with what they have.

-???

-We kill the Orokin.

-We head to Cryosleep

-No Prime's left

Edited by NightmareT12

Just now, shadowfire380 said:

Don't several of weapons state that they were mass produced versions?

I would give examples but I can't remember off the top of my head.

Correct, there are ones that are mass produced versions, just as I'm certain there are weapons that were regular then upgraded later. To say even the original Warframes were all Prime is highly unlikely, however, given the lore we have available to us.

1 minute ago, NightmareT12 said:

Except for the Braton which states that it's for Corpus use, I don't really recall about mass production. Reverse engineering I do recall.

What.

I quoted you the lore given with the Excal Proto skin in that very statement. It's plainly there. It was due to that Excal that they got the idea for Warframes in the first place for use with the Tenno.

Just now, Minion135 said:

I quoted you the lore given with the Excal Proto skin in that very statement. It's plainly there. It was due to that Excal that they got the idea for Warframes in the first place for use with the Tenno.

You know that's only simply a throwback for Dark Sector, and that it doesn't really mean anything at all, right?

Just now, NightmareT12 said:

You know that's only simply a throwback for Dark Sector, and that it doesn't really mean anything at all, right?

Everything in the game means something lol. It was a nod to Dark Sector, but that doesn't invalidate any meaning of it in Warframe just because of that.

4 minutes ago, Minion135 said:

Everything in the game means something lol. It was a nod to Dark Sector, but that doesn't invalidate any meaning of it in Warframe just because of that.

Ehhh...

WHAT IS A PRIME?

A Prime Warframe, weapon, Sentinel or accessory represents technology as it was during the height of the Orokin Era. A Prime Warframe will often have additional Polarity Slots compared to the non-Prime version, and Prime weapons will boast superior performance or other advantages against their counterparts. Due to its rarity, Prime technology is coveted throughout the Solar System.

https://warframe.com/prime-access-faq

What's wrong with people not being able to discern cool marketing for a videogame and what the actual story they try to tell us is nowadays.

Edited by NightmareT12

Its like the first Titans in EVE. Big enough to effect the oceans of a planet when in orbit. While super cool... was a bit overkill. So after the Prime Titans. All the new ones had been created a fraction of the size due to resources but with only slightly less destructive ability.

Primes are over engineered test beds they showed off to the brass to make sure they didn't get tossed out an airlock.

16 minutes ago, Minion135 said:

I would take the Excalibur Proto armor with a grain of salt. DE have in multiple dev streams also stated that Dark Sector is not cannon, its just a spiritual prequel. Also the quests for Chroma, Mirage and Limbo makes little to no mention on what time or place they were set in. The only one we really know of is Mirage who were fighting against sentients which would set the end of that Mirages death in the Old War. Theres also no proof of either the Limbo or Mirage in eithers quest being a Prime or not.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Riko_113 said:

just a heads up.

That word has several meanings:

prime1
prīm/
adjective

1. 1.
    of first importance; main.
    "her prime concern is the well-being of the patient"
    synonyms: main, chief, key, primary, central, principal, foremost, first, most important,paramount, major; More

•  

2. 2.
    of the best possible quality; excellent.
    "a prime site in the center of Indianapolis"
    synonyms: top-quality, top, best, first-class, first-rate, grade A, superior, supreme, choice,select, finest, top-end, top-tier; More

noun

1. 1.
    a state or time of greatest strength, vigor, or success in a person's life.
    "you're in the prime of life"
    synonyms: heyday, best days, best years, prime of one's life; More

The second adjective definition seems the most fitting to me. I imagine Ballas requesting the creation of a Warframe going like this:

Ballas: Build this Warframe as designed, Archimedian. It must be capable of drawing out and amplifying the pyrokinetic abilities within the devil's mind.

-Ballas allocates standard resources to the project-

-Archimedian builds a Ember as proof of success for the concept-

Ballas: Good, now I want you to improve it. Build this Warframe to the highest quality. It must be fit for an Executor of The Orokin Empire.

-Ballas allocates top-quality resources to the project-

-Archimedian builds a top-tier Ember with the resources-

-Ballas makes a sexy trailer to advertise it to other Executors and Tenno-

On another note, there is a discrepancy in the prime descriptions that should probably be fixed. The old description says they are the first and another says they are the improved versions of the prototype, meaning it isn't the first.

Source: Odonata Prime description

6yXjhf3.png

Typically, the crappier version would be the first in most cases of tech. The better version would come along after the prototype proved successful.

Edited by EmptyDevil

My current head cannon is that primes were in fact not made first.  Or that if they were, they were not the only models used at the time.  The Orokin were losing a war they couldn't afford to throw gold at something that you may lose a hundred or more of in the next fight.  Besides that, according to the Ordan story from the fragment people were rewarded for actions that caught the attention of the Orokin, who's to say that the prime frames may not have been rewards for tenno that proved themselves in the line of duty and used them as a status symbol.  "This Tenno did well and has been recognized for all to see as one who has performed a great deed for the empire" -and all that jazz.

It would also explain why we awake in non-prime frames for reasons other than a simple stigma against the symbolism; we weren't one of these recognized tenno and didn't have one to use.

https://warframe.com/news/primes-and-prime-access

WHAT IS A PRIME?
Prime Warframes, Weapons and Sentinels are actual pieces of Ancient Orokin technology. These elite intricately gilded items have highly advantageous qualities and feature added polarity slots – allowing you to equip more powerful Mods and saving space in your MOD Capacity.

Non-Prime Warframes, Weapons and Sentinels are based on Orokin technology, however they are not genuine Orokin articles

Non Primes are your basic factory model while Primes were the more unique prototype ones.

There is also debate on whether the primes were the originals.

Titanias quest kinda squats on that. She was the first of her frame and not a Prime. 

After a great discussion in another similar topic, I came away (with everyone's input) with this:

^Longer

^Shorter

As long as prime plans existed (regardless of whether actual primes had been built), vanillas could be created based off of those prime blueprints.

^Even shorter.